Awoo.

SatBK Knight of the Wind[Full Version 4min]

Gallon

"Knight of the Wind"... so much win. Sure, it may not be on the level of "Open Your Heart" and "Live & Learn", but it still proves that Crush 40 still has it after all these years. Hell, I even enjoyed the shit out of their remixes, even if they weren't their best work either. "Live Life", their only second ballad (remember "Watch Me Fly?) is great if not musically better than "KotW".

As for the "school" band discussion, I actually thought "His World (Zebrahead Mix)" was better than Crush 40's version by a tiny margin, but their original version of "His World" was the worst version, and the rest of their songs that I've heard are pretty awful. Also, "Endless Possibilites" is a nice little song, but the rest of the music on the soundtrack (and the *shudder* ending vocal song) are complete and utter trash imo.

I thought "With Me" could have been Bentley the first time I heard it, but once I listened to it again I noticed it was two females. The credits only proved that point further.

Can't wait to hear the full versions of "Through the Fire" and "Fight the Knight", unless Jun pulls another "Race to Win" on us and they really are only that long. And a remake of "With Me" by Crush 40 has me excited, though it'll be hard for them to top the original version.

Question: since Jun wrote the music to the current version of "With Me", and got Emma Gelotte and Tinna Karlsdotter, how different can the Crush 40 version be? I'd be fine with just a plain vocal switch (Johnny's vocals would automatically blast the C40 song ahead of Emma and Tinna's), but they'll probably do a heavier version of it like they did for their past remixes.

Let me clarify that statement for all you people that don't quite understand music. The Crush 40 remixes ("All Hail Shadow", "His World", "Seven Rings") are HEAVIER versions of the songs, not DARKER versions of the songs. DARKER is not even a true musical term, people. Get your music termonalogy straight.

Can't wait until this vocal soundtrack is released. No petty game rip can substitute for CD quality. Can someone please re-state when this CD is being released?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperLink

• ArtFenix

• Gabz Girl

• Gallon

Can't wait until this vocal soundtrack is released. No petty game rip can substitute for CD quality. Can someone please re-state when this CD is being released?

April 8th, 2009. Both the OST and Vocal Trax are due out the same day.

'Knight of the Wind' totally blew me away. It beat 'Live & Learn' and 'Open Your Heart'. Jun did awesome guitar work here.

'Though the Fire' and 'Fight the Knight', I like what I've heard. I doubt those are the full versions up on YouTube now, but if they are, they'll grow on me. Both sound a little strange, but that's just me.

Thankies Gallon for this wonderful share~! ^.^

You're welcome ^^

I specially love the With me theme, as wes as the dragon slayer and great megalith theme(for some reason, I played that stage with blaze the first time, and I think it suits her that theme).

Has anybody got the percival emblem? It will change your background music to a Vela Nova remix, which is awesome too

You're welcome ^^

I specially love the With me theme, as wes as the dragon slayer and great megalith theme(for some reason, I played that stage with blaze the first time, and I think it suits her that theme).

Has anybody got the percival emblem? It will change your background music to a Vela Nova remix, which is awesome too

I've unlocked all of the medals except for Sonic. T.T

how do you get lancelot and sonic's ones?

also, here I leave a rar with the themes for some stages:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TY5DZS81

Dragon slayer(dragon boss fight)

Great megalith

Deep woods

Camelot Caltle

Shrounded(or something like that) forest

Mist lake

and three more that I do not recognize

The titles for some of the are wrong(they're all called great megalith)

sorry for my poor english :P

how do you get lancelot and sonic's ones?

also, here I leave a rar with the themes for some stages:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TY5DZS81

Dragon slayer(dragon boss fight)

Great megalith

Deep woods

Camelot Caltle

Shrounded(or something like that) forest

Mist lake

and three more that I do not recognize

The titles for some of the are wrong(they're all called great megalith)

sorry for my poor english :P

For Lancelot, I unlocked it simply by fighting him awhile after my first fight with him, and I got a slightly higher score. I don't know how to unlock Sonic's, though. Sorry.

I really enjoyed "Knight of the Wind" - Cheers for the upload Gallon! :P

I think though my favourite 'modern' Sonic track is still "Open Your Heart" from Sonic Adventure.

That's one of those songs I can happily listen to and not associate it with video games. Whereas most other sound tracks when you listen to the songs you can't help but think of the game that goes with it.

-That's not a terrible thing, I just think "Open Your Heart" can stand out as a decent song without being connected to a game. (If that makes sense).

I wish there is a better quality download for this song...it's horrible playing it on my iPod for some reason...

OH MAN WHAT?!

I just finally looked at this thread, and MARTY FRIEDMAN is involved?! Holy frikkin' crap! He's one of my IDOLS. His work in Megadeth and with Paul Gilbert is AMAZING! ffffff <3; Do we know if it's him whom did the guitar solos to "With Me"? Or something else? Frikkin' A! xD

http://www.justinaaron.com/dangerousground/satbk

My personal recordings of multiple versions of "Knight Of The Wind" as well as "With Me" and "Live Life". Top quality. You're welcome. :D

Thank you very much for these high quality rips!

I retract my statement on Crush 40 and mediocrity.... Live Life is an EXTREMELY redeeming song.

Might be boring and slow, but songs like these at the end of games/movies are great! <3

I'm always happy for a Crush 40 power ballad myself. Waaaatch Me Flyyyyy...

I've unlocked all of the medals except for Sonic. T.T

I found the sonic medal in one of the legacy stages, if that helps.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

uh I only got 3 legacy stages so far...

anyway, does somebody have the Vela Nova remix? It would be much apreciated

I love the energy 'Knight of the Wind' gives off and 'Live Life' sounds very similar to songs from their Crush 40 album. It sound so much like 'Watch Me Fly'. :huh:

Edited by JDogg

• 4 weeks later...

guys look! People are putting up The Crush 40 version of With Me up!

IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

The song's kickass. It's good to have C40 back doing the main theme in a game again, spin-off or not. :)

Wow... I really don't like the Crush 40 version. It seems quickly slapped together, and Johnny doesn't sound... enthusiastic or anything, it kind of sounds like he's reading from a lyrics sheet or something. Plus it's lacking Marty Friedman going nuts on lead guitar, wuh.

So I'm (for the first time) disappointed in a Crush 40 cover. Ah well. Better luck next time, guys.

I like the bass, then there sounds like video game music about halfway in or so playing in the BG.

But I don't like the rest of it. Then again, I'm not big on Crush 40 anyway.

Wow, it sounds really different o.o I mean to C40's usual style. It sounds loads like the original With Me, which is good. It's probably C40's most accurate cover yet, which isn't a bad thing at all; their previous covers have all been pretty weak.

EDIT: Anyone have a download for the OSTs yet? I can't find one to torrent T-T

Edited by SuperLink

guys look! People are putting up The Crush 40 version of With Me up!

IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there another video with the song? This one's been removed.

Wow, it sounds really different o.o I mean to C40's usual style. It sounds loads like the original With Me, which is good. It's probably C40's most accurate cover yet, which isn't a bad thing at all; their previous covers have all been pretty weak.

I agree. The covers they did for All Hail Shadow, His World and Seven Rings in Hand were...average to say the least. However to me, With Me is one of their best covers yet. It's quite different from the original, but not too much. So it's pretty unique. And I really like it! <3