Awoo.

SatBK Knight of the Wind[Full Version 4min]

Gallon

I think it's because the original With Me is C40 in some ways, Johnny is a background singer, and Jun is the guitarist. If Jun composed it himself them it's no wonder it sounds good when played by C40 compared to the others.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperLink

• ArtFenix

• Gabz Girl

• Gallon

I think it's because the original With Me is C40 in some ways, Johnny is a background singer, and Jun is the guitarist. If Jun composed it himself them it's no wonder it sounds good when played by C40 compared to the others.

Johnny wrote all of the vocals for Face to Faith; minus Seven Rings in Hand.

There ya go then :P

I guess With Me and Live Life are proof that C40 can still do some awesome things.

I just flipped open the booklet again:

Jun composed all of the songs too. Also, Marty Friedman is the lead guitarist on "With Me", with Jun as a back-up guitarist.

I read that as "Marty Feldman" and my heart nearly skipped a beat in bewilderment.

I've only heard this song once ("Knight of the Wind"), and I actually giggled to myself when I did so. From my recollection, it had the exact same sound as "What I'm Made Of..." I suppose I'm going to have to hear it again one of these days once I inevitably download the soundtrack to this. To me, Crush 40 is but a one-hit wonder (I loved "Open Your Heart" for its sheer intensity during the final fight), so I can't really warm up to them much, and I've more or less hated Jun Senoue's music starting with SA2.

Edited by Jake

I just flipped open the booklet again:

Jun composed all of the songs too. Also, Marty Friedman is the lead guitarist on "With Me", with Jun as a back-up guitarist.

Is this the original or the Crush 40 version? I don't have the booklet, so I'm just curious.

Is this the original or the Crush 40 version? I don't have the booklet, so I'm just curious.

Original.

Cover is Johnny and Jun as leads. Sorry about the confusion!

No big. Thanks!

I think the C40 song itself is too similar to the original; I'm used to hearing their remixes be, well... remixes.

Seven Rings in Hand is a good examplefor this situation; if you didn't hear the lyrics you might not be able to tell that C40's version of Seven Rings in Hand and Conte's are the same song.

I'm not complaining, though. It's still an awesome song.

Edited by OvErLoRd Darkspine