Awoo.

Princess Sara. Should be in at least one game

Meta77

Back before the forums crashed and a lot of content was lost, I wrote a big thing about how Sonic '06 could have easily been the OVA with gameplay and plot tweaks. I won't get into it too much, but here were a few things I remember mentioning:

-both were titled 'Sonic the Hedgehog' :-/ No change needed there

-Sara could easily replace Elise, it would make the Eggman kidnapping scenes much more fun

-Toss in Old Man Owl as the tutorial NPC

-scrap Silver, bring in Metal Sonic (no super mecha Sonic Heroes mode, just classic Metal)

-have Blaze fill the role of Silver

-don't take the plot so seriously

-no ghost dad

so it seems most of you dont like sara?

I wouldn't be against it. So long as the personality and appearance stays intact, they can do what they want with the backstory.

Besides, she'd be loads better than Elise anyway, and that piece of convoluted nonsense the games call a "canon" has been needing to get bent for a long ass time anyway!

I wouldn't be against it. So long as the personality and appearance stays intact, they can do what they want with the backstory.

Besides, she'd be loads better than Elise anyway, and that piece of convoluted nonsense the games call a "canon" has been needing to get bent for a long ass time anyway!

also isn't she a sega character anyway? i mean they were working adv and i asked them about a sequel with all the characters and they said they were all segas products. so she could show up if they wanted to add her.

All of the Sonic characters are Sega's property. All of them. Any one of them could show up anywhere if Sega wishes it to be.

I didn't mind Sara at all. I just hope with all my heart that we dont have Elise again. Why?

That moment killed the entire game for me. And I didn't really enjoy it very much in the first place.

Edited by Unionhack

I'm not sure about Sara appearing in a game, but I do agree she was a pretty good character in the OVA. She was funny, she was unique... and even though it was another Sonic/human relationship, it was done well. Plus she made Eggman act all pervy, which is undoubtedly hilarious. :P

sara.jpg

There's not many characters that can get away with calling Metal Sonic a pervert and being groped by Tails ("I never thought you'd stoop so low!").

One character from the OVA I would like to see in a game though is this guy...

Old_Man_Owl_by_TheWax.jpg

More love for the Old Man Owl.

He used to be quite the hit with the ladies, after all.

Bestiality aside I really did love Sarah, she was one of my favorite characters in the Sonic Universe, but I am more happy to see that someone loves old man owl as much as I do, thank you, you beat me to mentioning him.

Besides, the villain falling in love? That's Bowser who does that. Not Robotnik. Robotnik's better than that. He slaps the very concept of pairings in the face. He's sharing his own ego too much to be settling down with silly n00b girls. He doesn't have time for petty "love". He's too busy loving himself.

I'm going to try and imitate the styling of my preacher when I say:

Okay so if you have your vast collection of instruction booklets, turn to the book of Heroes, chapter 2, Team introductions, page 14 enemies, this is taken from the GCN version, which has some slight differences in wording and pictures, but we should all end up in the same place, please read the character introduction for Dr. Eggman, note that in the 2nd and 3rd sentences it states "As well as having an unfeasibly high IQ of 300, Eggman is a romanticist, a feminist, and a self-professed gentleman. Sadly, his charms are often difficult to spot through the abominable laughter that accompanies his maniacal declarations of world domination."

sounds to me like your assumption doesn't match with this character profile, and now I must quote Disgaea 3, "Remember homes, when you make an assumption, you make an ass out of U and Mption", "Who the hell is Mption!?"

In my opinion the biggest reason Sonic and Elise was bad was because the writers tried to make it[ b]serious. Sonic and Sara was played for laughs. Heck I bet Sonic and Madonna would have been played for laughs as well. The humor dissipates any awkwardness.

Edited by Dejablue
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm going to try and imitate the styling of my preacher when I say:

Okay so if you have your vast collection of instruction booklets, turn to the book of Heroes, chapter 2, Team introductions, page 14 enemies, this is taken from the GCN version, which has some slight differences in wording and pictures, but we should all end up in the same place, please read the character introduction for Dr. Eggman, note that in the 2nd and 3rd sentences it states "As well as having an unfeasibly high IQ of 300, Eggman is a romanticist, a feminist, and a self-professed gentleman. Sadly, his charms are often difficult to spot through the abominable laughter that accompanies his maniacal declarations of world domination."

sounds to me like your assumption doesn't match with this character profile, and now I must quote Disgaea 3, "Remember homes, when you make an assumption, you make an ass out of U and Mption", "Who the hell is Mption!?"

......And?

So Robotnik tends to act nicely more around woman than men, big deal. Not only is this hardly ever shown anyways, but you could say the same for Nega, and we all know how "romantic" he is.

Charming villains aren't anything new, and if guys like Nega are any indication, they tend to be just as messed up as your average foul-mouthed enemy.

Besides, I said he's not interested in love and/or obsessed with it. I didn't say anything about him not being a pimp.

So anyways, yes, I agree that SonicXElise failed because of it's serious business nature. People are always complaining about how humansXanimals have been done before and that this is no exception, but all those other ones were at least somewhat lighthearted, which of course fits when the main character is a blue Mickey Mouse-limbed hedgehog that runs really fast. But because of how serious it was about it, it felt like a rejected Final Fantasy plot.

I also believe that it failed because they were both completely different, and no, I'm not meaning "derp derp one's hog one's human fufufu". I know the late Madonna was also a "proper" human being like Elise, but it still irked me. I wouldn't have minded it nearly as much if Elise was more cartoony and/or shorter. This is why I loved the Pixar-esque Unleashed human designs, it doesn't feel nearly as weird. Ridiculous maybe, but I'd rather risk my chances with creepy gay men and top hat wearing Chao puppeteers than to take a trip to Soleanna's Uncanny Valleys.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

What about the human style in Billy Hatcher? ...Which is basically like Sonic the hedgehog characters with human skin stretched over them? XD

I mean Billy without his chicken costume on...a little tweaking and he could pass as a Human Tails in my book.

What about the human style in Billy Hatcher? ...Which is basically like Sonic the hedgehog characters with human skin stretched over them? XD

Billy Hatcher scares the crap out of me now, thanks. Excuse me while I go vomit.

I don't find the idea of an interspecies relationship inherently abhorrent, particularly if it's played for comedy like Sara was, but if she were to appear in the games in some form I'd prefer to see that aspect of her smoothed over a bit. It's not as though it was anywhere near as essential to her character as it was to Elise.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have no way of knowing if this would actually be true, since I can't, you know, view alternate timelines, but I kinda feel like we might not have had as much backlash against the supposed bestiality between Sonic and Elise if the game hadn't been rushed to market full of glitches. My theory is that people would have been less inclined to be angry about the story if the mechanics of the game itself were polished.

I have no way of knowing if this would actually be true, since I can't, you know, view alternate timelines, but I kinda feel like we might not have had as much backlash against the supposed bestiality between Sonic and Elise if the game hadn't been rushed to market full of glitches. My theory is that people would have been less inclined to be angry about the story if the mechanics of the game itself were polished.

Let's not forget that the story is a disjointed mess, with nonsensical stupidity throughout; Emerald paradoxes, Omega claiming responsibility for sealing Shadow despite the fact that Rouge turned him off for 200 years, the Egg Carrier randomly exploding, Elise getting captured SIX TIMES... if there'd actually been any cohesion to the plot, that might also have helped.

Let's not forget that the story is a disjointed mess, with nonsensical stupidity throughout; Emerald paradoxes, Omega claiming responsibility for sealing Shadow despite the fact that Rouge turned him off for 200 years, the Egg Carrier randomly exploding, Elise getting captured SIX TIMES... if there'd actually been any cohesion to the plot, that might also have helped.

That does sound pretty bad.XD I wonder how much of this was to the insistence on making the plot revolve around time travel? There's something about introducing that into a story that seems to create lots of plot holes and logical paradoxes.

...Though, I don't see how that would explain Eggman's powerful Egg Carrier suddenly being a lot more flammable than normal.XD

I personally blame the loading times for a good bit. Nothing beats sitting around staring at a blank screen in giving a player time to think about all the negitive qualities, instead of actually playing something you might enjoy.

The abundance of loading screens in the hub world effectivly made you direct your anger at whatever was coming next. God help you if you failed a mission or two.

Edited by Gallia

I personally blame the loading times for a good bit. Nothing beats sitting around staring at a blank screen in giving a player time to think about all the negitive qualities, instead of actually playing something you might enjoy.

The abundance of loading screens in the hub world effectivly made you direct your anger at whatever was coming next. God help you if you failed a mission or two.

Yeah, making your audience wait forever to actually play your game is not a way to endear them to you product.^^;;

*sigh* I love Princess Sara and all but it just won't work. After the Elise issue with Sonic '06 everything is just gonna be taken the wrong way (as everyone in and out the fandom has for the past lifetime or so) So, no. NEVER.

I mean how do you know it will. shes a neko so she might not be seen in as much negative light as you think? You never know unless you try right.

She can have a cameo role in a game. You don't even have to put any hackneyed romance in between her and Sonic.

I think Sara would probably be perfect for a "party" style game, like a sequel to Shuffle or a similar light-hearted competition game. Her bubbly personality would seem to fit that sort of thing, and she does appear to be something of a gamer, if not a very skilled one.

I think Sara would probably be perfect for a "party" style game, like a sequel to Shuffle or a similar light-hearted competition game. Her bubbly personality would seem to fit that sort of thing, and she does appear to be something of a gamer, if not a very skilled one.

oh how about dlc for sonic all star racers. or its sequel