Awoo.

SatBK Instruction Manual oddity...

-Mark-

Well, this has been bugging me for a while now. If you check the last page of the instruction manual for Sonic and the Black Knight, it says ;

"Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so"

I'm probably misunderstanding something here, but did they just give everyone who buys the game full legal rights to do whatever the hell they want with it? It's just I've never seen something like this in another game manual before, and it does seem a bit odd. D=

Edited by Mahzes

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -Mark-

• Thrippa

• blackherox

• Streak

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What?!? That has to be a SERIOUS typo, because that just does not sound right.

Above that though, it says:

License for Lua 5.1.3

Copyright © 1994-2008 Lua.org, PUC-Rio

So it's probably talking about that, not the game.

The same message and Lua license are in the PS3 version of Unleashed, on the Licensing page, although I don't see it in the Wii version of the game.

It does seem rather odd to put it so prominently in the SBK manual, though.

Teehee, I just found out how to reduce or even get rid of piracy! License everything like this Lua thing.

* goes back to bitTorrenting * ゚ ∀゚ (Sprited Away is my next download right after Survive Style 5+. So please support the creators BUY THEM ≥⌂≤ lol)

Lua is a coding language I do believe, I know STH06 was coded using it so perhaps Unleashed and BK were as well? If thats the case it could mean whoever buys the source code can do what they please with it?

Well, this has been bugging me for a while now. If you check the last page of the instruction manual for Sonic and the Black Knight, it says ;

I'm probably misunderstanding something here, but did they just give everyone who buys the game full legal rights to do whatever the hell they want with it? It's just I've never seen something like this in another game manual before, and it does seem a bit odd. D=

"This software is your hostage. It has no rights. There is no Geneva convention."