Awoo.

SSMB Mixtape 2010

Urtheart

SSMB Mixtape Project 2010

Closing date for signups: May 31st

Welcome one and all to this yearly mix of musical tastes.

For those of you who don't know what on Mobi-urth I'm talking about, here's a little history lesson.

Back in the days of yore when we pirates ruled the seas, the king ruled England and eating rabbits would kill you, people played music on these wierd things called "tapes". You could record over these tapes too so people often compiled all their favourite tracks from various tapes on to on, which was called a mixtape.

Fast forward a few millenia and we now don't bother with magnetically unstable tape, we use CDs! But the same can still be done, brun your favourite tracks to a CD and put it in your car/decks/computer to listen to your favourites songs, or if you were a crafty bugger give to a friend as a present and force them into liking the same music you do.

So here is what you do, sign up and spend some time selecting your favourite songs which nobody else will ever have heard of, or the tracks you think everyone needs in their collection. Burn these tracks onto an audio CD (you know a CD-R which works in CD players? I know we are in the MP3 generation now but otherwise you'ld be sending 50 odd tracks) and then wait to see who that mixtape/mixCD is going to get sent off to. You are at the mercy of the terrible MS demon Excel so whoever you get will be completly and utterly random.

However sadly we have to lay down some ground rules:

1) Send all nessecary details via PM, obviously you'll need to be willing to give your address to someone so they can send you the CD so make sure you are ok with this before signing up.

2) Once you've got your partner, PM them for their address, remember that the person whom you are sending the CD to will not always be the one you will be receiving one from.

3) Due to us having younger members on the board please keep song content fairly tame unless you know they are happy to have a little bit of mature content in their songs.

4) Nickleback tracks are banned... I have no idea why but tis tradition!

5) To Sign up simply comment in this topic, if you want to add more detail (like swearing is ok for instance) feel free.

6) A new rule for this year, if you fancy sending more than 1 CD (bare in mind some of our people live abroad) then say so and we'll stick you on the list twice, this way 2 people get a CD from you, but you also recieve 2 in return (hopefully). As I'm going to test this I'm restricting it to 2.

Closing date for signing up is the Bank Holiday monday at the end of may. That evening Excel will awaken and choose!

1) Urtheart

2) Vger

3) The GaGa DJ

4) The GaGa DJ

5) Gnasher

6) Nemain

7) Bluefox

8) T-bird

11) ENVY16

12) BlitzChris

13) cdrom1019

14) bcdcdude

15) Biafra Republic

16) Sinister Swiss

Results

1) Urtheart >>> BlitzChris

2) Vger >>> Envy16

3) The GaGa DJ >>> Gnasher

4) The GaGa DJ >>> Bluefox

5) Gnasher >>> bcdcdude

6) Nemain >>> The GaGa DJ

7) Bluefox >>> T-bird

8) T-bird >>> Sinister Swiss

11) Envy 16 >>> cdrom1019

12) BlitzChris >>> Vger

13) cdrom1019 >>> The GaGa DJ

14) bcdcdude >>> Biafra Republic

15) Biafra Republic >>> Nemain

16) Sinister Swiss >>> Urtheart

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Urtheart

• cdrom1019

• Swiss

• Alternate Evolutions

Put me down for it, Always up for spreading the joys of my mahoosive music taste :) - And you can put me down for 2 CD's

I'll do a tape. I never got one last year.... But I'll take part either way... yay... music.

Some lucky lucky person or pirate may get songs

Edited by Gnasher

Put me down for this, Cap'n!

WARNING: The person that receives my CD will be getting the most random mix of music they will ever hear in their life... Along with a rather unhealthy overdose of Kyle Ward.

I'll have another crack at this, This time I'll pick up some blank CDs and not DVDs.

Aye hook me up wit dis shizzle my good man.

And tape isn't that magnetically unstable, we still write a lot of our data to them as they're more reliable than CDs and disks. Generally less susceptable to polarity reversal than CDs!

...don't think I'll be sending a tape though.

T

Okay I never sent out my CDs last year, but I've grown considerably less forgetful and lazy ever since! I'll pitch in for real this time.

I'll be willing to send out two CDs, though I don't care if I get two or not.

Had a blast with this last year, put me down again! :) this year I believe I have a much wider (and better) music library to choose from.

Last time I did this, T-bird got 3 CD's of incredibly random songs. Whoever gets my CD('s) should bear in mind that my music taste ranges from Cliff Richard to BORIS, so if you're cool with that, then so am I. I never got a CD sadly when I did it, but I enjoy this kind of thing.

Sign me up for sending 2 CD's, bucko!

Edited by bcdcdude

I'll try my best. Sign me up. Just expect a lot of Manson and King Diamond

• 2 weeks later...

And the results are in!

To work the chart the people on the left give a CD/s to the person on the right, so you'll need to contact them to obtain their address. Simples!

The Almight Microsoft Excel (XP edition) has chosen:

1) Urtheart >>> BlitzChris

2) Vger >>> Envy16

3) The GaGa DJ >>> Gnasher

4) The GaGa DJ >>> Bluefox

5) Gnasher >>> bcdcdude

6) Nemain >>> The GaGa DJ

7) Bluefox >>> T-bird

8) T-bird >>> Sinister Swiss

11) Envy 16 >>> cdrom1019

12) BlitzChris >>> Vger

13) cdrom1019 >>> The GaGa DJ

14) bcdcdude >>> Biafra Republic

15) Biafra Republic >>> Nemain

16) Sinister Swiss >>> Urtheart

Links to their profiles are in the first post.

I would also like to suggest when you recieve your CD to post the tracklist here so others see how crazy the tastes of the sender is.

well....safe to say I got the blatantly obvious one.....unless i decide to be totally evil

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently in the process of listening to T's Mixtape. I'll post the tracklist and my (undoubtedly great) impressions in this space when I'm done.