Awoo.

ARTWORK: Aoi needs luv

Aoi

Uh. Hi. I haven't had an art topic in a while and I've always wanted to reconnect with the forum and I thought this might be a good start.

I write poetry and am active in visual art and photography, so this topic will be very diverse. Plus, right now, I'm publishing a coloring book pretty soon for our small town (vomit), and I'll have a lot of new random projects around the next two months.

I have to say though - my main art style is very much ethnic or anime. Those are two major influences. Not to mention cartoon.

First I have a couple of paintings.

bubble2.jpg

"An Ethnic Bubble"

drowningg.jpg

"Drowning in Technicolor"

Some self portraits in for my self portrait assignment. Yeah.

selfportrait.jpg

heartf.png

"My Manic & I"

cartoonclaire.png

And I still doodle Aoi. :'(

heartpeaceaoi.jpg

aoi.jpg

I think that's enough for one post lol. Main, I need to do a large scale piece soon, or I'll go insane. Poetry and photography will be another day ~

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Those paintings are rather gorgeous, especially Ethnic Bubble (my personal favorite of the ones you've posted). It almost looks like a room is being reflected on the bubble's surface. I also love Aoi's simplistic style in that last crayon drawing.

I didn't know you were into art - I say you're very talented! I'd love to see more from you, especially since I get jealous over anybody who can actually paint well.

Edited by Jake

Wow, I love your paintings! Very psychedelic~ *o* Your drawings are sweet too. <3

Like Jake I didn't know you were into art. You're pretty damn good at it! =P

• 3 weeks later...

sailormoonavatars.png

All my Sailor avatars. You better say something, because I'm in a bad funk right now. </3

I'll being working on Remz' rabid avatar I made once, then I might submit sketchbook work 'cause yeah.

<=3

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Awh, I like it! The first painting, An Ethnic Bubble, caught my attention the most, I think. ^^ I really really like that one. I like that your doodled character near the bottom of the first post (Aoi?) has freckles too, she's very cute!

And that's a mighty load of avatars! Thanks once again! You should be getting way more posts than this, though D: You're really good!

Aoi, you really need more love.

I will rally support. :)

I really dislike the Liton one as it is terrible. In fact, they're all terrible. (<3~)

But really, Diz's and Pelly's are my favourites in the bunch. 0:

Purrrrnya~! They're all super duper cutie wutie and awesome-a-go-go! ~<3

MINE IS CUTEST. >3< *sprayed with flea spray*

You know I LOVE your avatars. That's, like, the main reason I defected- err converted to the Sailor side of the force ;) Your art style is mega cute. Keep it up!

An Ethnic Bubble is really eyecatching and I love the chibi self portrait, it's so very cute. The Aoi pics are also adorable.

I kind of had a feeling you were behind the sailor avatars, I love them ^_^

You should make one for every member on Sonic Stad... *head eaten*. 8D.

Naw, I've always liked all your art work Aoi, ^_^. It was always fun to shut off from the class room to doodle instead at times, =3. You're style has always seemed really unique to me and I always enjoy seeing what your creative little noodle can put out next, =D.

Out of the Sailor Avatar Series you've created (I should collect them like trading cards, O_O), I definitely love yours, Chris's, Diz's, and Pelly's the best, ^^. However, I think the most hilariously awesome one is Sarge's by a long shot, XD. I don't really know any characters from the show though to tell you the truth. The character that you are representing is the only one I can actually recognize, XP.

You've always brought a creative side to this community, =D! Thanks, <3. Or like you do, penis (looks like it to me, XP): <=3.

-Blur

I really dislike the Liton one as it is terrible. In fact, they're all terrible. (<3~)
You should make one for every member on Sonic Stad... *head eaten*. 8D.
udienao.

No, I really had a good time making these. I've been doodling cute like mad now, I don't know what to do with myself. For the next month, I'll probably post sketches here instead of digital work. Nooo time. <=3

But I really do appreciate all the thanks/compliments, you guys. Especially the sailors, I don't regret any of those. They're all my children.

you do, penis
you bitch.

D:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Lovely arts here, Aoi. I especially like your paintings, it's different than what we usually see and I highly encourage you to do more and post them because it's a pleasure to see them.

Also, Sailor avatars FTW !

I have to say that first two have to be favorite. If I'm familiar with the art style as I believe that I am, they were made in watercolor, am I right? :)

Ethnic bubble has really good detail on the face and provides as really good and jazzy expression in it. Same with Drowning in Technicolor, but instead of the face, the detail comes from mostly the color, which is still good.

It's all really good. :) Great character illustrations as well.

If I'm familiar with the art style as I believe that I am, they were made in watercolor, am I right? :)
The first in watercolor on watercolor paper, the second with temper paint with text paper (a little stronger than copy paper), but it still turned out pretty wrinkly.

I have doodles coming up soon, so yeah, you may see some drawing fairly soon. <=3

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

• 2 weeks later...

lolteamsuperawesomem.png

We started a team, because we're super awesome.

Walrabbit wut.

Walrabbit for the WIN.

Your art style is so... kawaii. :3

Her name is Tammy. Just, by the way.

<=3

Tammy seems like she was based off of one sexy motherfucker :0

<=3

Tammy seems like she was based off of one sexy motherfucker :0
That leopard dress...! It can only be!!!