Awoo.

Who is your least favorite character and why?

agoodusername

I gotta go on ahead and say this one plain and clear.

Amy. Period. She's an annoying fangirl who can't shut up and keeps jumping to conclusions and reminds me of the dickier side of the fanbase.

UPDATE:

Why not we tell which characters we hate the most from each universe! It's a thousand times more fun!

Games: Amy Rose. She's a bitch

Chronicles (Kinda counts as a different universe): The entire Kron race, they were so hard to kill without Shadow and Omega, and Shadow since he's a douche in this game

Archie: Every character except Mina and Rotor, I swear, I hate these comics so bad...

Sonic the Comic: Never read em... sad face

SatAM: Snively, I hated his voice so bad...

Adventures of Sonic: Everyone was so dumb that it made the show good. But if I had to choose, it would be Scratch

Underground: Hard choice: Bartlbee, I liked every character except him. I hate him so much, I don't even know if I spelled his name right

Sonic X: It's already been said a thousand times, Chris. He was actually the only character I hated, I even liked Cosmo and Hawk.

Sonic OVA: I loved every character! I can't think of one that I hate! My least favorite character would probably be the president, he didn't do very much...

Edited by Edge
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Amy. Period. She's an annoying fangirl who can't shut up and keeps jumping to conclusions and reminds me of the dickier side of the fanbase.
She was bad for a while, but I think she's on an upswing. Amy in Unleashed seemed pretty chill...still has a crush on Sonic, but not crazy obsessive.

At this point no one's pissed me off enough lately for me to actively hate...Shadow's gone from crappy to just bland, and he was on vacation for Unleashed anyway. Cream hasn't had a major role since...Rush, maybe? Most of the crappy villains are dead. I continue hating Mighty more for the running gag than for actual hate.

So, I dunno. Check back after the next plot-heavy game, maybe someone in that will piss me off.

inb4shadowandsilver

Least favourite? Well, as far as utilization goes, I'll say Tails. He does nothing these days except be defenseless and build crap. Sorry but, he's a pretty awesome guy when done right. He was up for taking on Eggman all by himself in the Adventure games, and actually shone out as good leader in Chronicles. In all the rest of the games these days, he sucks. And that's a shame. He's not a bad character at all, just badly used.

I supposed I really like all of the character though to a fair degree and can't pick an actual least favourite. Okay, so Vanilla does nothing but force Blaze to drink tea she doesn't want, but she's never done enough to make me say that I dislike her.

Edited by Blue Blood

I have several least favourite recurring characters:

Eggman Nega: Most utterly pointless character ever in terms of design, if Blaze is supposed to be a sort of counterpart to Sonic then why does Nega look almost exactly the fucking same as Eggman? They should have used a design similar to the AoStH Robotnik, different but still obviously Eggman.

Shadow: Again, I'm blinded by the poor design. Didn't like having to sit through a whole game of backstory that we already knew either only to find out he was an alien. Knocked himself down even further by having ultimate powers but deciding to drive, shoot and use knives instead of using said powers. Idiot

Silver: 'WHEN IT OPENS ITS MOUTH THATS MY CHANCE, IVE GOT TO DODGE, THEN COUNTER ATTACK WITH MY PSYCHOKINESIS' shutup.

Cream: Annoying goody two shoes who leeches off Amy's personality, forced into games as a main character despite nobody ever wanting to play as her. Completely void of any potential as a character.

Blaze: I'm not so fond of characters with a 'troubled past' who struggle to show any sort of emotion yet people seem to go crazy for them, since Blaze is one of those moody characters I've found myself completely unable to like her.

Espio: I adore the other Chaotix members but Espio really annoys me, another moody character who never shows emotion despite being bffs with the most upbeat characters in the entire franchise. Really pissed me off in Rivals 2 as well, I'd rather Espio be a comical light hearted ninja than desperatly try to be Sasuke or someone from Naruto.

Jet: Another design issue, no matter how hard I try I can't see past the whole green Sonic with a beak thing. I fucking love Wave though, the series needs a token bitch character.

Omega: I don't mind his design but I hate how he's never spoken to any main character outside of Eggman, Shadow and Rouge.

Shadow.

I don't hate him, but he's not the best of them all by far.

and seriously man, what is up with the black and red were they out of the grey at hot topic? how emo can you go. like limbo, but with ruining your life.

Only character I'd ever hate is Chris. He just seems poorly done in the series, and plain annoying sometimes.

• Thumbs Up 3

Only character I'd ever hate is Chris. He just seems poorly done in the series, and plain annoying sometimes.

Oh ahahaha! Everyone will say Chris if we're talking about all the different universes. But you know, it's best to forget about Chris, Sonia, Sally and the rest of that crap.

does he count?

because if he does then I take back everything about Shadow.

does he count?

because if he does then I take back everything about Shadow.

I think he counts. There wasn't any specifics about what universe.

That brings up an extremely good point! Why not we tell which characters we hate the most from each universe! It's a thousand times more fun!

Games: Amy Rose. She's a bitch

Chronicles (Kinda counts as a different universe): The entire Kron race, they were so hard to kill without Shadow and Omega, and Shadow since he's a douche in this game

Archie: Every character except Mina and Rotor, I swear, I hate these comics so bad...

Sonic the Comic: Never read em... sad face

SatAM: Snively, I hated his voice so bad...

Adventures of Sonic: Everyone was so dumb that it made the show good. But if I had to choose, it would be Scratch

Underground: Hard choice: Bartlbee, I liked every character except him. I hate him so much, I don't even know if I spelled his name right

Sonic X: It's already been said a thousand times, Chris. He was actually the only character I hated, I even liked Cosmo and Hawk.

No Elise haet yet? Amazing.

Least favourite character? Captain Bemoth. I strongly dislike that guy. Stop your crazy-ass monster rampaging about your ships and take your dehorning like a MAN. Nobody likes an angry incoherent pirate djinn.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Big...except I don't really hate him.

He's just my least liked so far, and the only thing that puts him on that level is his lack of anything good for him at the moment.

Cream hasn't exactly done very much herself, so she's along side him.

That's really it. I don't hate any of the character's per se, but there are some that I feel need some good material to make them good.

No Elise haet yet? Amazing.

Least favourite character? Captain Bemoth. I strongly dislike that guy. Stop your crazy-ass monster rampaging about your ships and take your dehorning like a MAN. Nobody likes an angry incoherent pirate djinn.

Wow, I'm amazed that somebody actually posted a boss! Never know what you'll get out of these blokes!

In the games, I dislike Jet. Everything about him is annoying. From his voice to his attitude. It's just eye-rollingly bad how he keeps using HOVER BOARD RACES of all things to gauge the fastest creature in the universe. Sonic is, hoverboard or otherwise KthanksBai. I just don't like his character, simple as.

In Chronicles (Which I personally don't think of as canon), my least favourite character is Sonic. Yes, Sonic. Turned from a lovable "Help the oppressed under any circumstances" freedom-loving guy to a Fleetway-esque monster when selecting snarky replies in dialogue trees. Reduced to a spiteful character who has to stoop to the level of direct personal attacks in order to get one over on adversaries and even his own friends, which is a trait main game Sonic never had. SatBK is the way Sonic should be characterised and as far as i'm concerned is the Sonic's character/personality standard that other characterisations of Sonic in other games should be measured against because it does it so right. Chronicles doesn't, character development or not. There's no realistic way going by the storyline and Sonic's up-in-the-air alpha male status (As a result of being away a bit too long) that Sonic would turn into that.

Omega: I don't mind his design but I hate how he's never spoken to any main character outside of Eggman, Shadow and Rouge.

Omega had some choice words for both Team Sonic and Metal Sonic back in Heroes. He also had an abbreviated conversation with Mephilies.

My most hated character is by far Big the Cat. Dear god, just the sight of him makes we want to strangle something in a rage induced fit. It’s not even what he did back in SA1. I actually played his story and set it aside for what it was. It is the relentless cameos and the obscene levels of what can only be described as mental retardation that has allowed me to grow such a distain for the feline. In each successive game, he just gets harder and harder to bear.

Worse still is that for every background role he gets, he inevitably gets shoved back into the limelight as a playable character. Chronicles and SaSASR are both recent guilty parties of this trend. Gag character or not, his existence in those titles must have been specifically selected just to irk me. There were so many better choices….. there is another purple cat who would have made a better choice.

Yeah, I got issues with Big. I find no value in the character and he may well be the original “Sonic’s friend whom nobody wants to play as”.

Edited by Gallia

The bile flows freely, I'm going to enjoy this...

Oh ahahaha! Everyone will say Chris if we're talking about all the different universes. But you know, it's best to forget about Chris, Sonia, Sally and the rest of that crap.

Actually, out of Sonic X, my most hated character would have to be Dark Oak. What's a god damn Super Sentai villain doing being in any way associated with Sonic? Maybe next he'll have to fight some of that black ooze that no Japanese author can resist using at least once. Not even Miazaki was able to escape it! Eh, Noface was a bit different from your typical black ooze.

Sonic the Moive: None, There wasn't a single character that didn't brighten the frame with their presence.

Sonic games: Eggman Nega - Evil twin of a villain, why does this exist? The fact that they even thought to do this really showcases Eggman's inability to be a real threat, at lease given the way they've been writing him.

Archie: Ashura Scourge: Ian, why do you have to encourage them? And then he did it again with that purple guy based off the transition that the character selector goes through on the S&K title screen! Maybe next we'll see the Adventure of Blue Knuckles.

Maybe next he'll have to fight some of that black ooze that no Japanese author can resist using at least once.

ivan_ooze.jpg

as long as it's ivan, man, i'm cool with ooze.

Also I think Chaos would count as that.

If we're not talking the games, then Chris of course, if we are talking the games then Chip, hell Chip too for non-games, also the werehog....and the guy that thought of the werehog and whoever thought of Sonic Unleashed, that person is the worst character ever!~

As far as the good games go though, my least favourite character would probably be Cream as I really like pretty much every character, but she is ear piercingly annoying and has no real purpose - Black doom and any other alien I guess would also be on my least favourite list as well as any other storybook character, and I'm not too fond of Marine either.

Do super forms count? Because then I would pick Silver. I have nothing against him and actually really like him as a character (would've preferred him as a mink like they initially intended rather than carrying on the trend of another hedgehog) but I like his character and abilities - but I HATE his super form which is just another cheap rip off from Sonic.

I HATE his super form which is just another cheap rip off from Sonic.

Not necessarily.

If you ignore the 2D classics (which Sega seems inclined to do) and all their Hyper Knuckles and Super Tails’ than Super Silver might not be such a rip-off.

Heroes and 06 proved that Super Sonic has the innate ability to grant other characters Super Forms. Shadows natural prowess with Chaos Emeralds aside, you could make a convincing argument that Silver’s transformation was not of his own accord, but rather power simply on loan from Sonic, thus providing the mimicked look. He did siphon his energy off the blue dude in that scene after all.

Edited by Gallia

but I HATE his super form which is just another cheap rip off from Sonic.

Actually, him and Blaze have the most creative super forms.

While Sonic and Shadow go yellow and their quills point up more, Silver becomes a VERY bright yellow, nearer to white. His cyan stripes go yellow, his chest fur becomes the normal super yellow color, and his quills don't point upwards, though they do become more stiff. It's actually his chest hair that points upwards.

Compared to Shadow literally just being yellow, and Sonic being yellow with an eye color change, and some upwards quills, he's pretty original.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not necessarily.

If you ignore the 2D classics (which Sega seems inclined to do) and all their Hyper Knuckles and Super Tails’ than Super Silver might not be such a rip-off.

Heroes and 06 proved that Super Sonic has the innate ability to grant other characters Super Forms. Shadows natural prowess with Chaos Emeralds aside, you could make a convincing argument that Silver’s transformation was not of his own accord, but rather power simply on loan from Sonic, thus providing the mimicked look. He did siphon his energy off the blue dude in that scene after all.

Ah true, true. I haven't thought of it that way. It's just that I really hate not just so many characters having super forms making Sonic feel less unique, but also the fact that they all seem so unoriginal basicly being a different hue of yellow and having red eyes..it's annoying.

If Silver was to have a super form of his own, in my eyes it should've been something like having his blue glowing stuff turn into an aura around him and amplify his telekinesis to ridiculously high levels.

Amy Rose

Big the Cat

Wave the Swallow

Amy Rose

Vector the Crocodile

Amy Rose

Big the Cat

Amy Rose

They're just annoyingly one-dimensional characters who I could easily do without, really.

Especially since their one dimension generally sucks/offends.

Cream. Female Tails in action, but otherwise just a dud. She's that very basic happy character, without the extra personality Amy has going for her.

Omega. A robot with a grating voice who's a walking arsenal. That's all he's got though. He could be played for comedy, but they don't do it.

Other canons - Snively. Maybe he's better in the cartoon? I never liked his stupid hair. He doesn't look like Robotnik. Never does anything worthwhile.

Edited by Dabnikz

Not necessarily.

I would think that it would've been shadow that allowed him to do that, as well as chaos control. My reasoning behind this is that when Shadow was in the room with rouge in Sonic Adventure 2, he used chaos control and caused everyone he was close enough to to teleport with him, so basically when shadow uses the emeralds, it seems that everyone near him gets a bit of the chaos power. Or it could have been because he had contact with both shadow and Sonic and this caused them to lend him a bit of their power (kind of like Goku and the spirit bomb from a certain series we know for a fact that super forms are based off of, but backwards)

Omega.A robot with a grating voice who's a walking arsenal. That's all he's got though.He could be played for comedy, but they don't do it.

Play Sonic Chronicles and you'll find exactly what you want

Sonic the Moive: None, There wasn't a single character that didn't brighten the frame with their presence.

curses! forgot about the movie! How could I forget!? That was the best movie ever! Anyway, I loved every character, but my least favorite was the president, he didn't do anything!

Edited by Edge

Lets see.... (Please note: these are just my opinion. If I offend anyone by whats here, I apologise in advance)

Cream! Why do you ask? Play her story in Sonic Battle. Its basically

Emerl: Robots are tring to kill us!

Cream: Oh no, they're killing me!

Emerl: I'll save you!

Cream: No don't hurt them! Violence is wrong!

Sonic Battle made me loathe Cream to no end.

Big! He's crammed in everywhere and just doesn't do anything for me. Chronicles said they'd make hima little bit smarter. does having an idea of a group hug sound smart? No. I don't know who in Sega got it into their skulls that he's popular, but stop it!

Chris! Grrrr. I really liked Sonic X. It could have been perfect. yet they added a rich, possessive brat in. How can we relate to that Psycho?

I don't like the Babylons much either, but hell they're alot more bearable in Zero gravity than the guys above. Strange how the ones I hate are all best buddies in Sonic X......