Awoo.

2010 SSMB Top 100 - The Power Is In Your Hands

Biafra Republic

It is a needless and silly change to make from the rules of last year, particularly when the "votes for remakes count as a vote for the original" rule is still in place; and I completely agree with SuperLink on this. And since you are going to be stubborn about it rather than even attempting to discuss the problems, I suppose I won't be voting this year either.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

I agree with him too, actually. How about a vote?

Only if the vote is 100% non-binding.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 6

Vote for the outcome of voting or not? Well heck, it seems fair enough, since this is all about the fairness and outcomes of voting. Maybe we can have it like this?:

If you agree that Pokemon games should count as individuals due to difference of content, +1 up Flyboys latest post.

If you agree that Pokemon games should count only as a whole relevant to generation, +1 up Biafras latest post.

Maybe? XD

What Tornado said (thanks guys you rock <: )

Only if the vote is 100% non-binding.

So basically the vote is useless because you'll probably decide against it even if the opposition to your decision is resounding?

Do you even have a reason to be so persistent on this decision? Or are you just too stubborn to accept that you made a mistake?

Sorry but I honestly don't understand why you're being so unreasonable about this rule that you probably don't even care about..

• Thumbs Up 3

Do you even have a reason to be so persistent on this decision? Or are you just too stubborn to accept that you made a mistake?

Sorry but I honestly don't understand why you're being so unreasonable about this rule that you probably don't even care about..

My reason is that it is both unfair to those who voted already to change a major rule, and it's absolutely annoying that you wish to revisit the issue repeatedly

This is his list, you know. :P Just as I'll get to decide the rules if my application to run the SSMB 100: Albums goes through. (Not that I've sent it yet XD)

My reason is that it is both unfair to those who voted already to change a major rule, and it's absolutely annoying that you wish to revisit the issue repeatedly

It's also absolutely annoying that you're not making room for any leeway for any reason even though the thread was only made a day or so ago.

Isn't this situation massively ironic when the whole point of this thread is voting to see what popular opinion is!

I heavily doubt that changing the rule would affect many people, if they do then by all means I welcome these people to express their objections, but from the sounds of things the people who object to the rule far outnumber those who don't for whatever reason.

And it's also unfair to those who don't wish to vote because this rule is so unreasonable.

EDIT: It's not his list, it's SSMB's list. Patticus did it last year and we all had a merry time.

Especially since he himself has absolutely no reason to have the rule this way.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's SSMB's list because we contributed to it. It's not a democracy, you know. Put up or shut up. :P

Edit: Apologies for the Bickering.

Edited by Gerkuman

It's SSMB's list because we contributed to it. It's not a democracy, you know. Put up or shut up. :P

But if it's something SSMB does each year, then why should one person choose the rules? Surely it should be a more joint effort between the mods and staff team.

And clearly choosing a rule that's so unpopular with the majority of the forum isn't a very forum friendly thing, especially when we, the lowly members, are the reason this Top 100 is even being put together. If it causes many people not to vote because of it, then something's probably wrong.

Like I said, especially when the one who created the rule probably doesn't even care about it himself.

EDIT @ Urth:

Fair enough.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

Right enough of this, because this has now got to a point that it should never have.

Superlink while your argument is valid, Biafra is running the show this year, you've made your point known.

Converstaions with Biafra are elsewhere.

Regardless this thing is now being discussed elsewhere, so I'd continue to do what Kuro advised and vote on Flyboy's post and if something needs to be done we'll go from there. As of right now the majority of this topic is pointless bickering.

If anyone has a problem with this PM me, a moderator or an admin.

I can't say I have a problem with the Pokemon rules, since they're all so similar and whatnot and I just don't give a monkey's toss*. It's one series. One among a vast number. I included it in my Top 25 entry and thought no more about it. I voted on the generation based on the awesome of the game(s) I played and that's that.

It'd be nice if people would actually take part and not be so stubborn about all this, Biafra's put in a lot of work here and I'd rather it not be in vain.

Also Gerk, Top 100 Albums is a great idea. I'd love to see the outcome of that.

*In hindsight, separating the console and handheld titles might have been a wise idea, although frankly no contest like this will ever be without its detractors or arguments over this or that rule. Too many variables, too many people with ideas on what would work best.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Only problem with 100 Greatest Albums is I think the forum's musical tatse is a lot more diverse than its gaming taste. Not to sat we're narrow minded on games, but when massive fans of certain bands can't even agree on that band's best album, I just don't see there being many albums getting multiple votes.

100 greatest bands/singers, that I could see working better. Only downside for some though is that you know Crush 40 will be top 10.

On-topic, yes, I will be submitting a game list again this year, but most likely with only minimal difference to last year's. Gotta give some love to Batman though.

100 greatest musical artists would be too biased towards the longer-running ones.

100 greatest musical artists would be too biased towards the longer-running ones.

Well, them and the boy bands. Still not a bad idea, Gerk.

Movies, actors/actresses, TV shows, song videos (not AMVs, just videos, e,g. Sledgehammer) and books are other potential future subjects to look at. Gerk and I could work on one of those subjects for a little later on in the year.

But anyway, moar votes plox

EDIT: Quick question, probably will be a no, but do conventions count as retailers? lol too late

If you're on about Touhou, then yes 'cus it is sold at Japanese Retailers as well as at the conventions as per the rules :V

Edited by DarkOverord

and this isn't too biased 'twards Sonic games?

or older games?

The fact is, older = more bias in just about every list. You can't really avoid it.

Well, there's no reason we can't do more than one list afterall. I'd be pretty happy to do a list every 2 months or so if they'd let me. XD

Only 13 more days until the balloting closes, get yours in today!

Voting ends next week people, be sure to get those ballots in!!!

Less than twelve hours to go (yes I know this is a bit much) get your votes in!

Voting is now closed. Winners will be announced starting Independence Day (4 July 2010). A big thanks to those who voted.