Awoo.

I have a question about reputation.

agoodusername

The rep system is to my liking.

People clearly like me already as well or like the fact that I only joined to say that I like the look of Sonic Colours and now also like this forum because people have been nice to me on it.

I'm sorry to hear people aren't or weren't liking you Edge but you seem to be doing fine now!

• Thumbs Up 2

Take a look at S0L (AKA Steve Lycett), he joined a few months ago, he has a pretty low post count but he must have an insane amount of positive rep, that must mean he is awesome because he makes every single post of him worth reading.

Believe it or not, S0L doesn't have an extremely high rep, last time I checked anyway.

The rep system is to my liking.

People clearly like me already as well or like the fact that I only joined to say that I like the look of Sonic Colours and now also like this forum because people have been nice to me on it.

I'm sorry to hear people aren't or weren't liking you Edge but you seem to be doing fine now!

Yeah, it's my favorite forum, and it's alright man, as long as it's in the positives I'm alright, and yes, Sonic Colors looks freaking amazing.

Believe it or not, S0L doesn't have an extremely high rep, last time I checked anyway.

Yeah, it's my favorite forum, and it's alright man, as long as it's in the positives I'm alright, and yes, Sonic Colors looks freaking amazing.

*checks S0L's rep*

Hmmm that does seem very high to me :P I don't mind this rep system it's pretty cool makes you feel welcomed if your a newbie to the forums :)

Edited by ςгครђ
  • Thumbs Up 1

*checks S0L's rep*

Hmmm that does seem very high to me :P I don't mind this rep system it's pretty cool makes you feel welcomed if your a newbie to the forums :)

It's high, but not EXTREMELY high.

I'm not technically new to the forum - I remember back when you had to click on Sonic's face to make it through to TSS but I stopped posting a few years ago and as such found I needed to sign back up again this/last week.

My rep was still 0 until yesterday so I think it's nice to see it go up, even just a little :)

Wow, I just looked at my rep to find it is now 6 - earlier today it was 2. Even better than I thought lol :lol:

Edited by mulletboyjay
  • Thumbs Up 2

Wow, I just looked at my rep to find it is now 6 - earlier today it was 2. Even better than I thought lol :lol:

*has a look at own rep...*

Rep = 6 I feel very welcome to the forums :D

I should have become a member sooner

• Thumbs Up 1

Also I forgot to say that everyone knows that the highest rep status you can achieve is "Sonic Hero"

Nobody knows how many points it takes to get there though ~~

You fucking tease =P! Not even Aoi is a Sonic Hero with 9035 rep xD

Hey, (屮≧益≦)屮, how do you get a changing avatar and signature? Is it because your a TSS staff?

You fucking tease =P! Not even Aoi is a Sonic Hero with 9035 rep xD

Pshh it takes a lot more then that to be a SONIC HERO !!

• Thumbs Up 1

Edge: You can host your pictures on a rotation using certain pic-hosting services that deliver a random image from a selection that you upload to a certain URL. I can't remember any specific domains that do that, but I'm sure you could find it if you look around.

Edit: Prof J seems to be using http://a.random-image.net (:

Hey, (屮≧益≦)屮, how do you get a changing avatar and signature? Is it because your a TSS staff?

*looks at signature*

Wait, I am part of the staff!???

The time has come...

iori_laugh.gif

mhmhmhmhmhmmhahahahahahahahahAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Err... I mean...

I am so happy happy_crying.gif

Edited by imarafan
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Here's an example of why I don't particularly care for this system. I guess you can't see it now because I gave the member a up in her rep, but someone downed her rep because they didn't like what she said? Because she has an opinion about Were-Sonic and it differs from yours, you give a neg rep?

No matter how you try to interpret this it's wrong and sad.

Here's an example of why I don't particularly care for this system. I guess you can't see it now because I gave the member a up in her rep, but someone downed her rep because they didn't like what she said? Because she has an opinion about Were-Sonic and it differs from yours, you give a neg rep?

No matter how you try to interpret this it's wrong and sad.

And? This is The Sonic Stadium Message Boards, Your bound for disagreement.

I guess you can't see it now because I gave the member a up in her rep, but someone downed her rep because they didn't like what she said? Because she has an opinion about Were-Sonic and it differs from yours, you give a neg rep?

...The primary role of a reputation system on any comment/forum system is to allow for "I agree"/"I disagree" statements without the accompanying spam posts.

So it's working fine, really.

Would you link the post you mentioned, by the way?

And? This is The Sonic Stadium Message Boards, Your bound for disagreement.

Then you make a post about it rather then give someone a negative rep because you disagree.

...The primary role of a reputation system on any comment/forum system is to allow for "I agree"/"I disagree" statements without the accompanying spam posts.

So it's working fine, really.

Would you link the post you mentioned, by the way?

You still can approach another persons opinion without spam. In the end, everyone has different opinions. And right beside "here's" there's a dash. That's the link to the post, but I up'd her rep anyway.

Here's

Thanks.

You still can approach another persons opinion without spam.

You can but most of the time it's just not worth the effort, honestly. I've been here long enough to know how quickly topics around here can go flying off on irrelevant nerdragey tangents: it's best to save diving in with counterpoints for the meatier stuff that'll actually benefit the conversation.

ono someone was downrepped THE SYSTEM IS BROKEN.

i've gotten downrepped for stupid shit too. It's usually balanced out by what you just did, where people who can see no reason for a neg rep (usually smart people too) can easily up rep.

That, and someone didn't like her post. So they neg'd it. Big fucking deal.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest Miles Per Hour

I really hate whiners, I have negative rep yet I don't start a whole topic asking for people to give me good rep.

• Thumbs Up 5

Basically, if you made a good post with good points, you may get +rep.

If you make an ordinary every-day post, your rep will likely stay neutral on it.

If you make a post with controversial/un-thought-out content, you may get neg rep.

But if you act like a douche, you'll DEFINITELY get neg rep.

So basically, don't act like a douche, and your rep will likely stay in the green. All other fluctuations are dependant on luck of the draw (read: the mood of the forum). Like I said before, c'est la vie.

Mine and bmns posts exemplify how petty people can be. I think the whole concept of rating people on what they say is pretty daft, but it's no cause for bawwing. Nothing about it is that extreme.

Edited by Blue Blood

Mine and bmns posts exemplify how petty people can be. I think the whole concept of rating people on what they say is pretty daft, but it's no cause for bawwing. Nothing about it is that extreme.

Aahhh, rep. My e-peen extends like Pinocchio's nose at the very sight of the color green under my posts.

Anyway, doesn't help that the post above yours saying the opposite was staff/admin. I mean, it's not really staff's fault that ass kissers lurk heavily in the crowds and give them +rep for continuing to exist, do their jobs, and consume oxygen, but, you know. Them's the breaks.

Also, sometimes seemingly pointless -rep incidents are window misclicks. I've done that a couple times myself (once today), but I usually find another random post by the same person to up-rep to compensate for my grievous error.

I already pointed out on numerous occasions that I think I get an unfair amount of rep simply for being a moderator ): Don't make me feel worse ♥ I try to +rep good posts whenever I can, and I hope that not ALL of my rep is simply from "ass kissers". But yes, it is a fact that moderators do tend to get more +rep than other members - although! There ARE quite a few regular members with more rep than me, I believe! So it's not entirely based on supposed 'hierarchy'.

Aahhh, rep. My e-peen extends like Pinocchio's nose at the very sight of the color green under my posts.

Anyway, doesn't help that the post above yours saying the opposite was staff/admin. I mean, it's not really staff's fault that ass kissers lurk heavily in the crowds and give them +rep for continuing to exist, do their jobs, and consume oxygen, but, you know. Them's the breaks.

Also, sometimes seemingly pointless -rep incidents are window misclicks. I've done that a couple times myself (once today), but I usually find another random post by the same person to up-rep to compensate for my grievous error.

What I was getting at was that people use the rep system for things like that. Does it really matter? The system serves no purpose expect to make Pelly a laughing stock. (FYI, I find my rep on that post funny, not upsetting)

Edited by Blue Blood

EDIT: Post@flyboy, but I was too slow.

Nahhh, I wasn't trying to imply it was entirely from status. It's just bolstered by it. I mean, I've even up-repped you several times over, to my recollection, but it was for things you said that I thought were genuinely good and poignant. Still, sorry to give you that impression; no harmed feelings intended.

DOUBLE EDIT: On that note, the way I see the rep system, I don't care how much rep somebody already has. I look at the post, and if I think it's a good post that says useful information, or is funny, or whatever, I up-rep it, regardless of whether or not I just down-repped that same person five minutes prior. I cancel myself out lots like that, but I think the biggest value of it isn't affecting somebody's rep number, but showing the quality of an individual post.

Edited by psikeout

Eh, no hard feelings at all. I just didn't want to come across that I don't care about rep because I'm immune to neg-reps or something. I do care very much about neg-rep abuse, and I spent several hours investigating an incident of it just a few days ago because it irked me so much to see it happen. I just don't feel that rep is the most important thing in the world, either. I think people should post sensibly and intelligently because that's the way to behave on a mature forum like this, not because they fear being badly repped. On that note, I also think that people shouldn't be afraid to say controversial things (as long as they're civil about it) just because there's a chance of neg-rep. It's just a matter of being sensible and letting the rep tokens lay where they fall, 'cause in the end they're just numbers.