Awoo.

I have a question about reputation.

agoodusername

Speaking of, why do we continue to insist on having a reputation system? In what way does it carry any benefit worth the cost it wreaks in terms of newbies?

Because it's the only way I can tell if people laugh at my jokes.

*looks at recent rep*

They aren't.

• Thumbs Up 3

I really appreciate it that someone is giving me an answer. I will just have to watch what I say from now on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest Miles Per Hour

A lot of the time people -rep you because they disagree with your opinion.

But it's still just a number on your profile, it's nothing. Be yourself.

Edited by Miles Per Hour

Speaking of, why do we continue to insist on having a reputation system? In what way does it carry any benefit worth the cost it wreaks in terms of newbies?

It'd feel like something's missing without it, I mean, when I'm on other forums and make a good post, I'm like: "Yeah, I made a good post. :V" But I don't really know what people think about it unless a direct reply is made.

Also, I think the rep system is good in a way, it's like a reward system for good posting.

A lot of the time people -rep you because they disagree with your opinion.

That seems to have sorted itself out now. People use the rep system to weed out idiotic posts much more. If it still worked on just opinions, my rep would be -37562482 after all my rage in the S4 section.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, reputation on this forum MEANS NOTHING.

You'll get good reputation for a funny post or some good advice (or for being a staffer <333333) and you'll get bad reputation for idiotic ramblings or being a whiny little bitch.

Anything inbetween generally gets no rep (although there are exceptions).

I'd say just don't worry about it at the end of the day, I don't think anybody here really gives a shit what everybody else's reputation is anyway, it's just a number.

Just say something witty that Sonic fans can get like pingas PRRROOOOMOTION who cares!?! GUMBALL EEYYEEZZZ I LEIK SAWIK!

And something really funny would work. And appeantly posts can get popular too looking back at my gumball eyes posted in the pizza hut topic...

But like everyone has been saying it really doesn't mean anything other bragging rights(?) so yeah.

Edited by Rotom

The old reputation topic was fun around the end. Anyway, don't sweat it, man. Reputation isn't a big deal, but if you're really that concerned about how to get a more positive reputation around here.. Hmm, well, I suggest be an asshole!

..A funny asshole anyway. People around here seem to like that. They also like really silly pictures that have nothing to do with anything. Like this!

2poqha9.jpg

Be more respectful of others opinions for starters? Not calling well respected mods jerks? Toning down some of your stronger opinions slightly?

As I said before, clearly your kind of young and new to this whole discussion thing.

The idea of it isn't to shout over everyone with the biggest text wall about how much you hate something. People also really dislike it when someone steers wildly off topic.

Your opinion is valid, but not everyone has to subscribe to it. For example you hate Disney, and some of your reasons I admit are reasonable and understandable, however you will learn in life that nobody is perfect and any company / person / object ect. has it's pros and cons and low and high points. But that doesn't make anyone a "fool", "idiot" or other insulting terms if they DO like that sort of thing.

It's true people can turn the other cheek but in turn you too need to learn when to let something go. A debate is only worth having if theres anything left to mention in your defense, if the other person doesn't want to consider your side or you've said your main point. Then it's time to bow out of the discussion. That said sometimes it's good to consider others opinions too. But I already said that in your other topic

It's up to you to take heed of the suggestions people already have given you. There was plenty of tips given in the other topic too.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh yeah. Keep this in mind when posting around here and worrying about negative reputation. Think of it as a motto or something.

I ain't gonna let it get to me, I'm just gonna creep

You'll do fine. :3

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

Besides, Dread has like 3 times the reputation than me and I'M TOTALLY NOT BOTHERED EVEN THOUGH UR TOTALY GHEY IF U DON'T GIV ME PLUS REP RITE NAO.

T

Ok... just post this image in your next post...

Crazy-Dolphin-Quads--41539.jpg

And you'll catch him in a week!

• Thumbs Up 5

..A funny asshole anyway. People around here seem to like that.

Just don't over do it, to the point where everyone gets sick of you and sees you as, well, an asshole. Or, better yet, just be yourself to begin with. What goes up eventually comes down.

'Learned all this the hard way, though it was fun while it lasted before I crashed 'n burned. XP

I really appreciate it that someone is giving me an answer.

D'aww ... That is what you got us for, so yush!

Being polite and respectful is a very good thing related to reputation points.

There are numerous of ways to achieve profit profit profit $$+++ positive reputation points. The following are the ones I have personally noticed:

• Make efforted posts, show that you are involved and interested in the topic's discussion.
  • Other than being polite and respectful, be helpful to members who somehow ask for help in a topic.
  • Try to include humour every now and then. Giving fellow members a good-hearted laugh gives a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere.
  • Whatever else has been mentioned by other members within this topic.

If a member likes a topic or post, it is only natural that they may feel like clicking that little plus-shaped reputation button next to your words. The key, as I see it, is to provide behaviour and content which you feel other members would enjoy reading - perhaps find ways to make your posts unique from others' posts? ;3

As mentioned, reputation points do not mean all that much, reputation points are not always necessarily a sign saying "your posts suck", but that others are disagreeing with your opinion, someone having a bad day, or as Pelly mentioned in her own situation, a misclick or two? X3

Edit: The topic has been merged with the older topic. No need for two open topics about the same subject, yanno. =3

• Thumbs Up 2

I suggest sleeping with everyone. It's a lot of work seeing as we have over 2000 members, but it's worth it ;)

Other than that, I guess what other people said will work. But, seriously it doesn't really matter, most people around don't look at it anyway.

The main reason I have such good rep is because I'm a moderator, and I'm fully aware of that.

No, the main reason you have such a good rep is because we all love you, Flyboy! >:0

Anywho Edge and Vulpine, reps and ratings are not a big deal or anything. In the end, they're nothing more than numbers! Don't lose sleep over it or anything. :3

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Anywho Edge and Vulpine, reps and ratings are not a big deal or anything. In the end, they're nothing more than numbers! Don't lose sleep over it or anything. :3

Ignore this man, he does not know of what he speaks.

rep is the most important thing you have no idea. if your rep is not above 100 you have failed, game over, dead, critical mission failure, try again, mission failed, brutal defeat, insert (2) credits, you have no red fairies, no extra lives, and you didn't get the star.

and no i don't think that because i have high rep, why would you even think that. i am shocked. and offended. disgusted, even.

• Thumbs Up 2

Why would you get upset over Rep? Rep only matters if you're a Mod or an Admin, to my knowledge.

Just get over it mate, it doesn't hurt anybody at the end of the day

Why would you get upset over Rep? Rep only matters if you're a Mod or an Admin, to my knowledge.

Rep matters even LESS if your a mod or admin. Check it.

Why does it matter if you're a mod or an admin? o_O