Awoo.

I have a question about reputation.

agoodusername

Because they are the ones who desire having the largest e-penis most.

I don't think this is necessarily true. Sometimes this can be the case, but hopefully most of the mods here, while joking about demanding more rep, are as chill about it as anyone else.

It's an unfortunate side-effect of being a staff member that one's posts may be read more and up-voted more simply because of that banner and members paying more attention or, cynically, kissing butt. But equally, mods are by nature members who post a lot and have proven to be (hopefully) good posters, hence being made into staffers... so perhaps some of them get a good amount of rep simply because they post well? I know how much I respect the way a lot of my fellow staff conduct themselves, and so I give 'em rep when they deserve it. But ditto for any 'regular' member. I don't think elitism comes into it, in a hierarchical sense.

I have no idea where my own rep comes from, to be frank, and honestly (and sadly) don't feel that all of it was fairly earned. Of course it's flattering to get good rep, but I don't feel that I NEED it, y'know? Staffer or not, makes no difference to me if I have amazing rep or not, as long as I'm not being negged left and right [as that would indicate that I was doing something rather wrong :o]

TL;DR: I don't think staff/admins are necessarily rep-whores.

• Thumbs Up 1

Aye, I wasn't sure but I HAVE seen people say that mods are rep-whores or that we get more rep than we deserve just based on our 'status' :\ Just didn't want people getting the wrong idea. It saddens me to think that people would only rep me because I'm a mod, or that people look at my rep and think it's unfairly earned. I'd rather have no rep at all that be classed that way. Rep simply isn't all that important to me ♥

I think I get the most neg rep of all the mods, because I'm a douchebag like that.

By "I'm a douchebag" I assume you mean "I'm straight talking and take no shit".

• Thumbs Up 1

I have no idea where my own rep comes from, to be frank, and honestly (and sadly) don't feel that all of it was fairly earned.

When you stop being awesome then yeah it won't be fairly earned.

Buuuut you're still doing that so it's still fair.

There's a reason you mods get more rep, you became mods because you were great people. You'd get the rep anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

A'daaawwww.... ♥~

I'd like to think that status has less to do with rep than simple good posting does. It's just a shame that SOME people do abuse the system. But hopefully it's still mostly representative of the greater whole.

• Thumbs Up 2

A'daaawwww.... ♥~

I am just so very cute.

I'd like to think that status has less to do with rep than simple good posting does. It's just a shame that SOME people do abuse the system. But hopefully it's still mostly representative of the greater whole.

Well yeah, but that's natural. There's always people who will abuse whatever they can. The majority of people here can tell a good post from bad, though sometimes there's angry negrepping during arguments and such, which is just silly.

I don't even neg or pos rep very much. It's just not something I do often.

Well Flyboy, You are one of the only mods I have ever seen who isn't an elitist prick. Good job on that!

Seriously, If other forums I frequent had a rep meter, I'd negative those people down so badly! Then they'd probably ban me because I don't agree with them. Shame.

Well Flyboy, You are one of the only mods I have ever seen who isn't an elitist prick. Good job on that!

When it comes down to being awesome, Flyboy...

is a fox.

Why does it matter if you're a mod or an admin? o_O

The way I feel it is, some members enjoy seeing moderators clean up, make things tidy and otherwise perform maintenance, and when moderators post in topics to announce such along with the action (for instance, merging a topic or locking one getting really out of hand), they award positive rep points to show that they support this? I dunno, am I just being silly right now? xD

That being said, this topic shall be teh lockz for maintenancz! *Negrepnegrepnegrepspam*

NOEZ I R JUST KIDDING this topic is way too awesome for that to happen (also, there goes my theory) =D

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

I have posted a few topics recently, but people are still giving me negative rep (not to mention that one of my recent topics is locked). How to you get rid of your negative rep? I know you shouldn't pay attention to your rep since it is a silly thing to do, but I want to have a positive experience on a Sonic site. I don't want to end up being banned because of what I say.

What should I do to avoid getting so much negative rep? Any suggestions on what topics should I start?

You needn't worry about getting banned for your reputation. That isn't the purpose of the system.

You needn't worry about getting banned for your reputation. That isn't the purpose of the system.

Edited by Vulpine

Changing topic (sort of)...

sinttuloznl.png

What are those stars in your profile?

I noticed I have 4, and I can't stand watching someone with a bigger E-penis than I.

Changing topic (sort of)...

sinttuloznl.png

What are those stars in your profile?

I noticed I have 4, and I can't stand watching someone with a bigger E-penis than I.

Go to your profile and you'll see them on the top right. They're your User Rating. Every member gets to rate another member once out of 5 stars. Go to their profile and click the total amount of stars from left to right that you would like to rate them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, thanks... It doesn't seems like something I would use or care about xD (I only go to my profile to change avatar/signature).

So that means someone already rated me... >_>

*feels like someone touched him in a place he feels unconfortable with*

I still don't like getting negative rep, people. How do I get rid of my negative rep?

And please, stop cussing at me.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

And please, stop cussing at me.

Man, you can't really stop any fuckin' cussing. We got a certain amount of free fuckin' speech here, and as long as shitheads ain't fuckin' bein' all insultin' like, shit's gonna be fuckin' said, ya know man?

• Thumbs Up 5

Wut? I typed a post in here five minutes ago! I swear, some penguin thingy keeps eating my posts while I keep several tabs open in my browser. 0.0

Anyhooow~

Pretty much what remy said. There is no "effective" way getting rid of negative reputation points. The only way to reset reputation is by suspecting someone of abusing the system. By this I mean someone who goes through a lot of your posts and gives negative reputation on all of them for the simple sake of being a jerk. If that would be the case, you could PM an admin, and he may verify the situation. If abuse is the case, reputation awarded by the member will be reset (and bad guy gets the SSMB electric chair = profit!)

This, however, is often most likely not the case, but it has indeed occured a few times.

Reputation points pretty much represent the general term reputation: It is something that rarely changes over night, but something awarded and altered over time. How do you achieve better reputation? You do this when other members enjoy your contribution to a topic, if not creating a topic.

Be yourself, yet always be respectful. Make your fellow members smile. Make good points in chat and discussion, and do not do to others what you would not want them to do to you. Other than this, there is no guide on achieving better reputation. I hope this became a little more clear this time. =3

You are right, though. Reputation points do not matter, really. In the end, they are just a silly amount of points attached to posts, yush. Of course, nobody likes negative reputation points, but hey.

Also, since we are on the subject, you made a topic just now, and it already has one positive reputation point, so you must at least be going somewhat the right direction, yush!

• Thumbs Up 4

Wut? I typed a post in here five minutes ago! I swear, some penguin thingy keeps eating my posts while I keep several tabs open in my browser. 0.0

Anyhooow~

Pretty much what remy said. There is no "effective" way getting rid of negative reputation points. The only way to reset reputation is by suspecting someone of abusing the system. By this I mean someone who goes through a lot of your posts and gives negative reputation on all of them for the simple sake of being a jerk. If that would be the case, you could PM an admin, and he may verify the situation. If abuse is the case, reputation awarded by the member will be reset (and bad guy gets the SSMB electric chair = profit!)

This, however, is often most likely not the case, but it has indeed occured a few times.

Reputation points pretty much represent the general term reputation: It is something that rarely changes over night, but something awarded and altered over time. How do you achieve better reputation? You do this when other members enjoy your contribution to a topic, if not creating a topic.

Be yourself, yet always be respectful. Make your fellow members smile. Make good points in chat and discussion, and do not do to others what you would not want them to do to you. Other than this, there is no guide on achieving better reputation. I hope this became a little more clear this time. =3

You are right, though. Reputation points do not matter, really. In the end, they are just a silly amount of points attached to posts, yush. Of course, nobody likes negative reputation points, but hey.

Also, since we are on the subject, you made a topic just now, and it already has one positive reputation point, so you must at least be going somewhat the right direction, yush!

• Thumbs Up 2

I wish that the Sonic Stadium forums never had a reputation system. Mine is getting even worse and worse every day, and I cannot stand it anymore. Please clean it up for me. I want to have good rep on a Sonic site, not a bad rep.

Perhaps, I suggest that you remove the reputation system from these forums.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 9

I wish that the Sonic Stadium forums never had a reputation system. Mine is getting even worse and worse every day, and I cannot stand it anymore. Please clean it up for me. I want to have good rep on a Sonic site, not a bad rep.

Well then maybe you should stop having a go at people? Maybe you should also stop going in the shoutbox demanding that others give you positive rep? Maybe you should stop making posts that have ridiculous conclusions and not based in fact or have any logical sense of thought?

Now I've got no clue if someone is going around deliberately rating down your posts or not, and believe me I have reported people who I suspect do target others doing it in the past... but reading the last big topic you made, I really don't know how you can demand it to be removed and are currently in the shoutbox demanding that others give you positive rep when I found the following from a quick search...

Just quickly reading your Kingdom Hearts topic... (I've not read it up until now...) You directly compare fans of Kingdom hearts to... and I quote... "strange furries and overly-obsessed yaoi fangirls" Please don't turn around and then say that you don't know why it wasn't a stupid and childish thing to say, Because if you really don't know why that was not a good idea, then it's no bloody wonder your rep is so low at the moment.

Perhaps, I suggest that you remove the reputation system from these forums.

I vote against that proposal.

------

Crazy-Dolphin-Quads--41539.jpg

NEVER FORGET! Fans of Ecco for ASR DLC!

Edited by Gnasher
  • Thumbs Up 7
  • Bad Quality Post 1