Awoo.

Sonic Colours: New Wii/DS game

Remy

I think of it this way. Gimmicks like the werehog wasnt the worst thing ever, but the POOR POOORRRR!! level designs made us all hate the werehog more. If Nintendo team designed a level for the werehog, im sure we will be loving it.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

so, do you guys think Tails will be a playable character or do you think they just threw him in the teaser to raise hype for the game? I'd love to see playable Tails again but my friend just brought this up after I showed him the trailer.

Edited by empires

so, do you guys think Tails will be a playable character or do you think they just threw him in the teaser to raise hype for the game? I'd love to see playable Tails again but my friend just brought this up after I showed him the trailer.

join Sonic and Tails on their most out of this world adventure yet.

I mean, we can't jump to conclusions, but it's looking likely.

• Thumbs Up 1

A bit late into the game and definitely not reading so many pages, but here's my thoughts about it.

Of course, I'm definitely cautious with most new Sonic games when they're announced and this isn't an exception. I really don't mind the kiddish tone, but all I'm worried about is the gameplay, and this boost gauge does sound worrisome yet hopefully, it is implemented right. As for the story, I hope Eggman remains the focus villain throughout, and that it doesn't turn 'Monster of the Week' on us again as with most 3D Sonic games. Though I hope it isn't really cutscene or dialogue filled or has less story, and the plot for this sounds really 'eh' to me, though hopefully passable. Another thing is of course ST's writing. I know ST aren't well for it, but with a story like this you'll bound to expect probably a ton of corny/cheesy dialogue. Probably painful dialogue if those cute aliens were to speak with bad VAs or speak like Pokemon like with Chao. I don't mind Tails being playable yet only if it is optional or be like Sonic 2 or 3

But still better to hear more information about during E3 if there is any new developments that time.

Edited by AdventChild

NP256_Cover.png

So the tease wasn't Starfox Wii? You disappoint me yet again yet, Nintendo. <_<

AND confirmed "Sonic's Solo Adventure" just as quickly as I say this.

149o3ya.png

Edit: And the Nintendo Power preview page:

NP256_SonicColors.jpg

Edited by Hero of Legend
  • Thumbs Up 1

"FIRST LOOK at SONIC COLORS, Sonic's solo space adventure for Wii and DS!"

Okay, this is getting old Sega. The other characters aren't that big a plague that you have to go, what, 3 games now with just Sonic alone.

NP256_Cover.png

So the tease wasn't Starfox Wii? You disappoint me yet again yet, Nintendo. <_<

And people like to act like Sega doesn't constantly say that this will be the one...

And what's with Sonic's hand there?

AND confirmed "Sonic's Solo Adventure" just as quickly as I say this.

Tails appearing in the Teaser has yet to comment.

NP256_SonicColors.jpg

What the fuck is this shit? Why is this game's reveal accompanied by so much double talk?

Edited by Phos

what is this I don't even

Hmm. I'll reserve judgement until we actually see some gameplay. But it does look interesting.

Yep, solo adventure. Tails as tool boy (or cheerleader a la Rush) confirmed?

Nintendo Power as claims that this time there are NO gimmicks. I'm assuming they mean alternate gameplay stuff though, as the color thing is clearly a gimmick.

EDIT: Oh, I see Hero's pics already pointed that out.

Edited by SykoTech

No gimmick necessary. Except, y'know, for that gimmick it has.

NP256_SonicColors.jpg

WELL THEN.

Love the bluntness of that statement. Confidence SEGA, confidence! And finally realized we don't like tack-on gimmicks... Well just keep going...

Random Talk:

I was just chatting with a friend of mind and he's leaning more towards a "Sonic and Nights Into dream feeling" than what most other are saying in this and many other threads.

I think the "gimmicks" are just power-ups, like the drill or fire-cap for Super Mario Galaxy 2. Nothing at all game-changing; just really unique power-ups that help to set it a part. I think.

I got I feeling the game's main selling point will be its multiplayer, setting people against each other by fighting using the unique alien power-ups. Just a thought....

I think he' trying to "absorb" one of the Wisps, judging by the way he's looking at that blue thing.

I think "new character" has already been confirmed. Take a look at the one-eyed alien with the curly lash that stands out from the others. It's definitely standing out for a reason.

So that's the render AAUK mentioned earlier *goes to update article...AGAIN lol!*

alright, lets check shit out.

Normal Whisp: ???

Whisp with swirly hair: Looks like some sort of wind dude. Possibly an attack, or some sort of ability to make you jump higher or something

Lighting Angry Whisp: Speed boost? Looks like a fast 'lil fucker.

Triangle fish thing: Uh... looks... aquatic? Somthing to do with water? It's pretty fish like.

Also "no gimmicks necessary" which might mean that they aren't like the chao fairies or some shit, just giving minor things, they might be actual upgrades. Like in SA1, 2, and '06.

well okay please don't be like '06, but SA1-2 are fine.

also lol at no gimmick a little, like i said before, every game has a gimmick, this just has no little minor ones that we usually call gimmicks. Awesome.

EDIT:

It looks like he's actually talking to the Whisp. Which is kinda cool, they're not very Chao like then. More than likely they're more in the way of Luma.

Edited by Nathan

149o3ya.png

Oh yeah looks very nice promo picture :), ha that two eyed wisp sure looks angry but in a cute way :)

I think "new character" has already been confirmed. Take a look at the one-eyed alien with the curly lash that stands out from the others. It's definitely standing out for a reason.

But what about that little two-eyed guy? He looks different.

Granted, Sonic's not looking at him...

Whatsup with the boost feature lately. Is it impossible for sonic to run fast without it? :S

Edited by Jaouad