Awoo.

Sonic Colours: New Wii/DS game

Remy

I thought people wanted to be forced in the story mode to switch with bullshit treasure hunting type shit again.

Oh god no, let that die in a fire.

Something like Black Knight would be ideal actually, where the other three characters were optional (too bad that game sucked though)

Oh god no, let that die in a fire.

Something like Black Knight would be ideal actually, where the other three characters were optional (too bad that game sucked though)

Ironically despite Black Knight being a waggle fest, it does perfectly illustrate what we want from a multi-character Sonic game.

Almost. No paths for different abilities. D= Agreed, actually. For what it tried to do, it was the best attempt since 3K.

And what's with Sonic's hand (our right) in this pic? Cripple. That aside, the art just goes to prove how cute Sonic can be, classic or modern design ('cept American classic, that was never cute). I know I'm going to adore this game for being really really kiddy (<3 Heroes) but I'm worrying it might be a little too much so for the bulk of this community.

Sonic-Colours-NP256_Cover.png

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Eh, optionable S3&K style is ironically boring to me, said feeling having culminated with Heroes and its glorious monotony. I don't like playing the same game again with a different character whose abilities, in the grand scheme of things, have a very minimal impact to the overall experience of playing the game. It's why I've come to prefer Adventure's take on alternate characters, and why I'm not entirely sad that this is another solo outing. That, and the theme prevents more interesting cast members from appearing without being out of place. xP

Uh.... Sonic Colors is Sonic's REBIRTH?!?!?! Jesus SEGA, stop hyping up EVERY 3D Sonic game as a rebirth. It didn't work the last 4 times, why keep at it?! Ya have to admire their tenacity...

I mean, come on, the only thing Sonic Colors could possibly be a "grand return" of is a line of crayons, or something....

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 2

It just clicked with me- this game, Sonic Colours/Colors of all things is getting better initial reception than Sonic bloody 4? Hahaha! Who'da thunk, eh? Let's hope the gameplay really does live up to what we want.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

It just clicked with me- this game, Sonic Colours/Colors is getting better initial reception than Sonic bloody 4 of all things? Hahaha! Who'da thunk, eh? Let's hope the gameplay really does live up to what we want.

The best part about it is that Sonic 4 actually has gameplay to back it up, there's absolutely nothing to be seen for Sonic Colors and everyone seems to be shitting their pants in joy at the pretty looking CGI and promises of Sonic's "rebirth" for the 80th time. Yes, the pictures are pretty, but SEGA have fooled us with pretty pictures before. I'm not judging it before I see gameplay, but I will say that I hope SEGA and Sonic Team know what they're doing with the controls and visuals of this game.

Uh.... Sonic Colors is Sonic's REBIRTH?!?!?! Jesus SEGA, stop hyping up EVERY 3D Sonic game as a rebirth. It didn't work the last 4 times, why keep at it?! Ya have to admire their tenacity...

I mean, come on, the only thing Sonic Colors could possibly be a "grand return" of is a line of crayons, or something....

Rebirth! Sonic only! Blast Processing!

If you're going to lie to us, just tell us straight up, "This is a good game."

It just clicked with me- this game, Sonic Colours/Colors is getting better initial reception than Sonic bloody 4 of all things? Hahaha! Who'da thunk, eh? Let's hope the gameplay really does live up to what we want.

I'm giving it the same exact treatment I initially gave Sonic 4. I'm still waiting for gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 1

Are that it's Sega hyping it up as a rebirth and not the press? Just asking.

• Thumbs Up 2

And thus the fanbase comes full circle.

Not quite. The following things need to happen first.

*Sega adds optional playable characters*

Fans: Why aren't the other characters part of the story? I want to have Team Dark fight evil shadows again!

*Sega gives characters story roles*

Fans: Why's everyone is a Sonic clone with extra moves? They should be unique like in Sonic Adventure Battle 2!

*Sega makes characters different and makes Sonic Adventure 3*

Fans: We told you we don't Sonic's crappy friends here! WHY WONT YOU EVER LISTEN TO US?!?!?!?!?!?!

Then we'll be full circle. Judging by all the complaining in this thread alone, I'd give it another 5-6 years.

Edited by SykoTech

Aesthetically at the moment, it's nothing short of perfect. Trippy environment, cute Sonic and very bouncy music. I'll say right now that the game has me totally won over on those grounds (assuming they continue) and gameplay is what's left. And let's not forget- that's two check for gameplay this time. One for Wii and one for DS. Woo!

Wii version will use unleashed engine, DS version will use Rush engine. Bam. Give me a cookie when we find out it's true.

Jeez, the optional characters argument again? We don't need it if the game is packed with content. I feel like the purpose of this game is to showcase several different Sonic styles through the Wisp abilities. Right, isn't that what the press release says? But a role for Tails would be nice, even if he's just on mini-games.

I'm loving that full page spread. There's nothing wrong with his hand, he's making a "come on guys" motion, just facing our perspective. And there's the art terminology again. "Fresh canvas!" I can't think of a reason to call this Sonic Color unless there's an artistic element. Maybe this tells us something about the game.

Edited by Dabnikz
  • Thumbs Up 1

It just clicked with me- this game, Sonic Colours/Colors of all things is getting better initial reception than Sonic bloody 4? Hahaha! Who'da thunk, eh? Let's hope the gameplay really does live up to what we want.

To be fair, people had a very strict envisioning of what Sonic 4 would have been like, and the backlash is due to the fact that the actual Sonic 4 is just about the OPPOSITE of what would have been accepted.

Sonic 4 would have been met with praise if it had a different title. Fact.

• Thumbs Up 1

The concept of this game looks awesome but I won't be hyping this to anyone near me till I see a playable Tails emot-colbert.gif

Seriously, this solo thing was a real let down. :(

Anyways, here's hoping for some gameplay...

Wii version will use unleashed engine, DS version will use Rush engine. Bam. Give me a cookie when we find out it's true.

I hope you are not talking about the hedgehog engine, if you are, the prepare to be disapointed...:l

EDIT:

Agreed, and I also agree than I am more excited about this than Sonic 4 D: (despite the lack of playable Tails)

Edited by imarafan

I'll say it again: I think this "Sonic Colors" is a culmination of SEGA listening to 3D game complaints. First, all the characters went and a new 3D formula emerged in Unleashed. But SEGA tried to spiff it up with a Werehog, which was a no-no. But people LOVED the day-stages. Sonic Colors sounds like Unleashed in the day-time. Only with some alien-things giving him some power-ups as a little "gimmick", nothing more.

I say we wait to hear more before we bash or praise this game. Though I already hate the title... if it's Sonic in Space, why not call it Sonic Lightspeed. Or... SONIC IN SPACE!!! Anything but "Sonic Colors".... it sounds like what happens to people on meth, for god sake.

Edited by EXshad

To be fair, people had a very strict envisioning of what Sonic 4 would have been like, and the backlash is due to the fact that the actual Sonic 4 is just about the OPPOSITE of what would have been accepted.

Oh yeah, I agree. I'm just getting at the fact that a game called Sonic 4 is getting bashed left, right and centre while a game called Sonic Colours is getting top praise. This is going purely on a name basis.

EDIT: Imarafan, he's talking about the gameplay engines. If Unleashed Wii could have used the Hedgehog Engine for it's graphics, it would have been much prettier.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't know how they'll do it. With the immense promises of speed, and confirmation of a boost, why is there no slow down character? They already explained with Unleashed that they literally need the Werehog to keep the game from being 3 hours long because they shot themselves in the foot with the whiplash boost button. Maybe reusing the Wii unleashed engine gave them more time to develop levels? Or perhaps we will have 5 missions per level like secret rings.

Edited by Chaos Walker

Aesthetically at the moment, it's nothing short of perfect. Trippy environment, cute Sonic and very bouncy music. I'll say right now that the game has me totally won over on those grounds (assuming they continue) and gameplay is what's left. And let's not forget- that's two check for gameplay this time. One for Wii and one for DS. Woo!

I won't deny that the trippy environments and gorgeous art momentarily filled me with that strange feeling I once called hope... BUT THEN:

Sonic Colours will be available on Wii ™ and Nintendo DS ™ at the end of 2010.

So there's to be no smooth Hedgehog engine, no gorgeous Apotos graphics to live up to the OVA-esque surrealism we've seen in the art.

This is running on the no-HD-Wii. :(

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I'll say it again: I think this "Sonic Colors" is a culmination of SEGA listening to 3D game complaints.

Does this mean I can hope for a level playable super transformation here too? That wasn't just for the 2D games yanno XD

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Does this mean I can hope for a level playable super transformation here too? That wasn't just for the 2D games yanno XD

O_O Oh, if he's not in this game, I'll get "colorful" on their lily-asses.

But I'm expecting we're not even gonna get the Chaos Emeralds in this game, and probably something like "Crayola Mother-Fucker Sonic" after he absorbs enough picmin chao Wisps.

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't know how they'll do it. With the immense promises of speed, and confirmation of a boost, why is there no slow down character? They already explained with Unleashed that they literally need the Werehog to keep the game from being 3 hours long because they shot themselves in the foot with the whiplash boost button.

Good point. This raises my hopes that they'll have plenty of slower paced platforming and interesting tasks in levels to increase the length.

However, I'm prepared for another mission grinding structure like in Secret Rings. Hell, they could just leave it as a 2 hour game. Black Knight was. :rolleyes:

But I'm expecting we're not even gonna get the Chaos Emeralds in this game, and probably something like "Crayola Mother-Fucker Sonic" after he absorbs enough picmin Wisps.

As people said already like 3 times in this forum, I would love a gay pride rainbown Sonic as a homage to Hyper Sonic :)

I wouldn't mind a relatively short game, with a fuckload of missions to do ala Secret Rings. There's no grinding needed in it, but after you beat it there will be a lot to do and unlock. Secret Rings was good at having a lot of content, if I have to give it credit for one thing.