Awoo.

Sonic Colours: New Wii/DS game

Remy

While most of what I've seen doesn't look very NiGHTS-esque, one thing that kinda does are those trees. Their branches look more like roots, meaning they have roots on both ends. There's a tree like that in NiGHTS into Dreams... as well, but it was like that due to all the levels having ceilings.

I really wish I could get excited about this, but I haven't seen anything out of Sega to suggest that it'll be anything but another slot car game. I also continue to hold the belief that the hypothetical "Renaissance" game won't use the new designs.

Honestly right now there isn't any reason to get excited, nor is there reason to shun the game as of yet. There's no gameplay seen at all, I'm curious as to what the game looks like, but I can't say that I'm "excited".

I'm actually not excited for a Sonic game for once, even with Black Knight I held out a little until I saw gameplay footage and decided it was not going to be my schtick. This though, I am not happy about this game to be honest. It could be cool and if it is,great, but really? No thanks...the trailer did nothing for me, the title does nothing for me, and the idea of it being a Sonic Galaxy doesn't intrigue me either =(.

Oh well! Thats one title out of all the other ones I've looked forward to so I'm not doing too bad.

I wouldn't mind a game with a relatively short story. But I know they can squeeze a lot out of the daytime gameplay in Unleashed. They could have had longer secondary acts, more missions, longer missions, missions with handicaps, levels that focuses on purely unique gimmicks, going underwater, platforming, bigger and better hub levels, returning to old levels to complete new missions, etc....

It can be done; they just pinned it on the werehog to try and excuse their inexcusable failure.

Edited by EXshad

It's quite funny. Last night while I was praying, I asked God to give me some boost in my love in Sonic since I wanted to feel at home again on here (my love of the blue one was slowly fading again) and then this was announced! And this is the most excited I've been for a new game in general in about 2 or 3 years! Thanks God!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

This is running on the no-HD-Wii. :(

Yep, no HD means seriously horrible graphics. Nope, can't be super colorful or bright and happy as it could on the PS360. Can't happen at all, the Wii's graphical quality sucks. If they even tried it would just bog it down with bad framerate, because there are no games on the Wii that run at a smooth 60fps constantly.

super-mario-galaxy-20071107020423368_640w.jpg

oh hey who left this here

• Thumbs Up 6

I really have no clue as to how to feel about this. It better not suck, I guess that's all there is to it...

I;m guessing this is a another spin-off game to hold us until the second episode of Sonic 4 is out in 2011.

Oh hey guise! I was off on yet another hunt for Sonic art assets when I bumped into these.

s01.jpg

s02.jpg

s03.jpg

Full-sized versions of those renders on the minisite as well as the Japanese logo! Woo!

EDIT: WAIT A GOSH DARN SECOND. The blog hasn't been updated, but the Sonic Channel Sonic Colors minisite is UP!

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 2

That's probably the nicest looking Sonic logo yet.

Wisps still look shit though, would rather they just used Chao. I'm also betting Wisps turn out to be evil and a giant Wisp is the last boss with tentacles and 19 eyes or something, lol.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is using a modified version of the Secret Rings/ Black Knight engine either, I can't see them making a whole new 3D engine for a spinoff game.

Cool. Who can read the katakana? I'm extremely rusty. (Nevermind, I figured it out. It says "Sonic Colors" in Japanese.)

Edited by Dabnikz

One quick site decompilation later...

colors1.pngcolors2.pngcolors3.pngcolors4.pngcolors5.png

I dunno. I like the Wisps. And seeing as Chao have appeared in every 3D instalment since Sonic Adventure in some way, shape, or form, I'm sure that they'll be included in here somewhere.

Edited by HunterTSF

Already made topic redirection in my siggy! Your renders came late!

To think these are from the same series as aliens like the Black Arms, it's funny.

They do look a bit like Doom's Eye though. One eye with wing/tentacle things. I wonder if Sonic Team will take this chance to amend their embarrassing mess of a plot in ShtH. Just as a passing mention, they don't have to go into depth. Probably a bad idea, but I'm a total story whore. I need continuity!

2j2chzb.jpgoamzaq.jpg

I HAVE NO SHAME.

Edited by Indigo Dude
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Someone pointed this out elsewhere...

Remember that "New Spinball" game we were hearing about? A ride at Alton was opened to celebrate an upcoming new Sonic game.

...And this game takes place in an amusement park. Do I smell a connection?

Hey now, you might be onto something here! But I thought they were promoting Sonic 4 the whole time, I mean, basing this off of the "Sonic Suite" that is...

Hey now, you might be onto something here! But I thought they were promoting Sonic 4 the whole time, I mean, basing this off of the "Sonic Suite" that is...

The suite was definitely Sonic 4 inspired, but the ride was cited to be based off of an unannounced Sonic game, which was stated to be a, "New Sonic Spinball Game". Which as we all know sounded odd as heck.

We don't know enough about the game to make any judgments, just this being the newest announced game after Alton Towers ride (Sonic 4 was announced the final name before the ride released) and they still said unannounced and the ride inspired by a game and... Well since this game is about an amusement park in space, you never know.

I know I'm SUPER late on this, but "Solo adventure"? DDD: Teaser trailer, I am disappoint!

Nice job on getting the renders and stuff though, guys. I love how colourful and cheerful this game seems to be at a glance. It'll be a good fix for those of us who aren't so keen on the darker stuff. As long as SEGA can keep balancing their releases this way with games that appeal to all different demographics, I'll be happy. Excited about ONM's 6-page feature!

Yep, no HD means seriously horrible graphics. Nope, can't be super colorful or bright and happy as it could on the PS360. Can't happen at all, the Wii's graphical quality sucks. If they even tried it would just bog it down with bad framerate, because there are no games on the Wii that run at a smooth 60fps constantly.

super-mario-galaxy-20071107020423368_640w.jpg

oh hey who left this here

I see your point and know very well that the Wii is capable of outstanding graphical feats (for a console of that power level anyway)... but Sonic Team can never be said to have pushed the system visually, at least not like Nintendo has. One can hope that they'll start trying their hardest to do so.

Yet another solo game? This is like, the fifth game in a row?

Another one to skip I guess... <_<

Better than Sonic and His Soulless Friends Re-Enact Final Fcking Fantasy...