Awoo.

Sonic Colours: New Wii/DS game

Remy

And of course the whole "Colours" bit for PEGI.

But yeah, Doctor Eggman strikes again with fabulous boxart! Dreamcast version please. kidding, kidding

I think the simple, family-friendly approach is going to do nothing but help this game to be honest. This way there won't be much to stop it from being nothing more than a simple, fun adventure.

@Doctor Eggman: Awesome stuff, as MK said, I'd be happy if that were the final boxart. Great job!

As i said i like everything about the game so far. the only complaint is the lack of characters. I'm that type of sonic fans who like large cast. We haven't seen (and most importantly, played) large cast since 2006. All i see are Sonic solo games - Satsr, Satbk, SU. I don't count racing and olympics, i don't consider them to be Sonic games.

The most important question: Will we see an anniversary game in 2011 on Xbox360/Ps3 with large cast? Cause after the announcement of "Sonic colors" i'm a little confused about what to expect on Sonic's big 20th anniversary.

So someone at Destructoid played it already? I say this because of this quote:

A little bird tells me that Sonic Colors is actually pretty good. Surprisingly not crap, in fact. Judgment of course will have to be reserved until some proper hands-on time is acquired, but decent things have been heard.

http://www.destructoid.com/sonic-colors-gets-some-images-that-you-can-look-at-174633.phtml

We already saw these images but yeah.

Sounds like they've seen it rather than played it. We'll no doubt see more press impressions soon, ONM and Nintendo Power have played it/seen it so no doubt more press will have too.

looking forward to play this at Summer of Sonic '10 anyway...

I'm going to bombard SEGA for extra chars to be playable in the same style of Sonic

looking forward to play this at Summer of Sonic '10 anyway...

I'm going to bombard SEGA for extra chars to be playable in the same style of Sonic

Where did you hear that this was going to be playable at Summer of Sonic?!

just a hope and a possibility...Summer of Sonic would be the best place for fans to try out the game

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

So someone at Destructoid played it already? I say this because of this quote:

A little bird tells me that Sonic Colors is actually pretty good. Surprisingly not crap, in fact.

:lol: What glowing praise! Anyway i believe no one except myself when it comes to new Sonic games. I remember how much love Nintendo Power gave SBK and I thought that was one of the worst games I ever played.

just a hope and a possibility...Summer of Sonic would be the best place for fans to try out the game

I'm thinking E3. Sonic 4 will probably make it to SoS though.

Sounds like they've seen it rather than played it. We'll no doubt see more press impressions soon, ONM and Nintendo Power have played it/seen it so no doubt more press will have too.

I'd like to think that they've actually had a bit of hands-on with the game :PColours looks like it has a lot of potential to be a new spin on the classic formula and perfect it in 3D, I really do hope it is good!

Also, dunno if it has been discussed or not yet, but AAUK is teasing more announcements later today via his Twitter:

"Might have some more Colours related news today so keep your SEGA Blog eyes peeled...."

Well Doctor Eggman thanks to your boxart line up I've realized that the dirt/scuff marks on the bottom of Sonic's shoes are exactly the same in SU and SC. :lol:

I'd like to think that they've actually had a bit of hands-on with the game :PColours looks like it has a lot of potential to be a new spin on the classic formula and perfect it in 3D, I really do hope it is good!

Also, dunno if it has been discussed or not yet, but AAUK is teasing more announcements later today via his Twitter:

"Might have some more Colours related news today so keep your SEGA Blog eyes peeled...."

Darn you AAUK making me work harder on the front page *shakes fist* :lol:

:lol: What glowing praise! Anyway i believe no one except myself when it comes to new Sonic games. I remember how much love Nintendo Power gave SBK and I thought that was one of the worst games I ever played.

Eh it's just nice to have impressions even though they are not full.

Somebody said something about wanting a Dreamcast version but they may have been joking. Good thing I'm a very serious man and take jokes literally:

colordc.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

Somebody said something about wanting a Dreamcast version but they may have been joking. Good thing I'm a very serious man and take jokes literally:

colordc.jpg

Quite simply: DO WANT. ;)

That is one very schmexy piece of box art, right there.

colordc.jpg

That was me.

And I was joking.

But I love you even more, now.

• Thumbs Up 2

That was me.

And I was joking.

But I love you even more, now.

Thanks! However, I draw the line at 32X requests.

Thanks! However, I draw the line at 32X requests.

Master System version plz?

hope for good news...ok I'm dropping Blaze and Amy but please, the trio Sonic Tails Knuckles must be playable!

party game is quite sure for me ( look at M&S and the Wii exclusive Sonic games). I would be very excited about a new good Chao garden too. with Wii and DS capabilities it can be a very addictive element to give Sonic an original aspect far from beeing a Mario clone (as they like to say). the Chao could absorb colours and animals as Sonic Adventure 1/2.

I think the simple, family-friendly approach is going to do nothing but help this game to be honest. This way there won't be much to stop it from being nothing more than a simple, fun adventure.

@Doctor Eggman: Awesome stuff, as MK said, I'd be happy if that were the final boxart. Great job!

That's like saying Mario Galaxy was bad for Mario since it's too family friendly. Honestly I think that'll help it given the Wii demographic.

Though I'd argue with you Sonic 1-3 & Knuckles were family friendly.

Pft, why would you buy the DC version when you can buy the superior Wii version? ;)

*watches rep hurtle down to Pelly's level* *-*

EDIT: I honestly think SEGA should try to aim Sonic at Mario's demographic, i.e. family fun for everyone.

Edited by SuperLink

That's like saying Mario Galaxy was bad for Mario since it's too family friendly. Honestly I think that'll help it given the Wii demographic.

Though I'd argue with you Sonic 1-3 & Knuckles were family friendly.

I said that fact was going to help it, not hinder it. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

AAUK update -

I’m pleased to give you yet more news on Sonic Colours which we announced yesterday. I’ve been on the boards and I know there’s a lot of interest in who is actually doing the game. Well I can tell you as of right now you’ll be pleased to know, so to clarify:

The Wii version of Sonic Colours is developed by Sonic Team. The DS version of the game is developed by Sonic Team in association with Dimps.

I hope that helps!

http://blogs.sega.com/sonic/2010/05/27/sonic-colours-update-okay-aauk-who-is-doing-it/

So Dimps are on board for just the DS version? Seems strange, I thought it'd either be none or both...