Awoo.

Sonic Colours: New Wii/DS game

Remy

Damn topic is going to get me obsessed with forums again... ANYWAY!

as long as tails is in it i don't mind, the game is looking good AAANNNNDDD, it is RATED before it is been teaser'd this may mean that sega is not rushing this game. And if this and sonic 4 turn out bad, i will personaly blow up SOE SOE and SOJ.

Hey, sorry I don't show my ugly face around here much but I discovered this in the trailer, some one might of said it already but still, the orange thing seems to be the Chu Chu rocket! look!

post-972-12748999862497_thumb.jpg

post-972-12749000301333_thumb.jpg

Sonic & Sega Allstars Painting?

Now I got to add Sonic Colors to my list of Wii games to buy this year. I need a job; my wallet's crying now. :(

I think you have the wrong trope.

My personal thoughts on it, as stated above, are that this is the type of Sonic game that would lend itself to having lots of playable characters. The story, from what we know of it, is lighthearted and flimsy, and there as an excuse for the gameplay. It's not like, say, Sonic Adventure 2, which had a semi-serious, interesting story, shattered and disjointed (IMO) by obligatory bouts of pointless treasure hunting and robo-airplane frolicking for no reason other than to shoehorn those gameplay styles and characters in.

Instead, this is the kind of game where you could theoretically pick whatever character you want, and the "story" could unfold all the same. It'd just be a matter of preference.

Egg Prism! I love it! Trap Super Sonic in it to create super rainbow lasers?

I notice there is absolutely ZERO mention of emeralds! I wonder if they'll even play a part...

• Thumbs Up 1

This is pretty exciting stuff, here. The teaser looks gorgeous, the gameplay could be interesting, Tails (!!)...

It might be a bit of a rip-off of Mario Galaxy, but hey, I'm not complaining. Mario Galaxy is a fun, great-quality game, and it's a good goal for SEGA to shoot for. I just hope the physics aren't as screwed up as SA2's planet levels.

Sonic Fanboy: THis sucks! this has the stupidest title ever! and why the hell is there aliens in a sonic game?!

*In alternate reality where Sonic Colors uses classic sonic.*

Sonic Fanboy: OMG this is so AWESOME! ITS GONNA SAVE THE SERIES! *cums pants*

• Thumbs Up 2

I can already predict, Sonic will have a new super form with the 7 colorful wisps and make him 'Alien Sonic' or whatever.

There is one more thing i can think about for this game to be better, if it is a super mario galaxy rip, forget the friggin jump stars, GIVE US IN GAME SUPER SONIC :D

Egg Prism! I love it! Trap Super Sonic in it to create super rainbow lasers?

Game sounds better and better every second. laugh.gif

I’m going to copyright the name so that when Sega pumps out the game I can say they stole my idea.

*files fraudulent paperwork*

Egg Prisim © to me

Edited by Gallia

Certainly sounds interesting. I'm just wondering if it'll be a main game or a spin-off?

Either way, I'm glad it's coming to consoles I actually own!

I think the downfall of the Egg Prism is that a prism MUST be a triangular shape to function. Yet the good doctor just HAS to design an egg-shaped prism which would not function, leaving him with a useless glass egg.

Certainly sounds interesting. I'm just wondering if it'll be a main game or a spin-off?

Don't mention that! You'll get neg repped!

Edited by Doctor Eggman
  • Thumbs Up 1

I can already predict, Sonic will have a new super form with the 7 colorful wisps and make him 'Alien Sonic' or whatever.

ColorSonic.gif

Yes? No?

• Thumbs Up 3

I think the downfall of the Egg Prism is that a prism MUST be a triangular shape to function. Yet the good doctor just HAS to design an egg-shaped prism which would not function, leaving him with a useless glass egg.

600215abegg1.jpg

It could happen.

^ lol Egg Disco Ball. The whole Universe will bow down and get funky.

Or he could build the Glass Egg to contain the triangular prism, thus maintaining function while adding on his own style. Then the egg could serve as a shield to the delicate contraption, and concentrate the intensity of light/color energies that reach the prism itself, giving the doctor the ability to crank the rainbow death beam up to 11….

On top of all that, a pot of gold will lie at the end of every rainbow, making the doctor a very rich man.

What a master plan! Even if Sonic comes to save the day, at the very least Eggman’s funding for the next anniversary game has been confirmed!

Edited by Gallia

Either way, I'm glad it's coming to consoles I actually own!

Well of course this is a main game. Can't you see this is clearly titled "Sonic the Hedgehog" with a number after it?

Oh wait, it's not? Oh, then it must be that other "main" series. The ones that are only connected by Shadow's crappy story. Cause clearly Shadow's gonna be in this game. And as we all know any game with Shadow in it is a work of art.

I'm not sure what to make of this.

Awesome music = GOOD

Tails besides Sonic = GOOD

A promise of colourful environments = GOOD

Set in Space = GO...

Wait what? How is it good that it's set in space you ask?

SIMPLES

The game being set in space allows Sonic Team to come up with really interesting character designs. For example if you look at Ratchet and Clank the alien species designs are crazy and all of them so different, let's just hope any new races/ characters introduced take a leaf out of RC's book rather than looking like the Black Arms ;_;

• Thumbs Up 2

Sounds like a decent idea, but I'd like to see gameplay before I say anything though. I'm liking the visual direction, however. I'm glad Sonic Team are slowly moving away from making Sonic realistic and/or dark lately, even Unleashed, however good it looked, still was based on realworld environments. It's cool to see a mainstream console Sonic game that has a peppy and bright art style for once. Not like, mega-excited or anything but I'd like to see how this plays.

Set in Space = GO...

Wait what? How is it good that it's set in space you ask?

I don't know, it has the feel of being set in the upper hemisphere rather than space. Of course, gameplay footage could prove me wrong once we start seeing some black skies and stars... which makes me thing of Star Light Zone, which makes me very happy (favorite zone from Sonic 1).

Word of mouth has said the press has already played this game.

...Wha?

(source be Destructoid, someone sent a pro tip and apparently they've already played the game)

Edited by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper

There is one more thing i can think about for this game to be better, if it is a super mario galaxy rip, forget the friggin jump stars, GIVE US IN GAME SUPER SONIC :D

ColorSonic.gif

Yes? No?

YES, to both of those possibilities!

Aside from the fear that I'll be palmed off with a downsized, cheap Nintendo DS port and unable to play the full, big-screen Nintendo Wii version...

...this looks interesting! Of course, packed with gimmicks (new alien friends, a colour-based upgrade system) but then what else do you expect? This is a spin-off, not a mainstream focus. You can tell, as it isn't coming to all consoles, just the novelty/family ones. But with the press release already putting stress on the speed of things, I'm hoping it'll be blisteringly fast on both consoles.

As long as the soundtrack is decent, I'm happy. Bring on more intel!

• Thumbs Up 1

It has the boost, and the DS version is 2D. Here's guessing (and hoping) that the DS version is Sonic Rush 3.

Well of course this is a main game. Can't you see this is clearly titled "Sonic the Hedgehog" with a number after it?

Oh wait, it's not? Oh, then it must be that other "main" series. The ones that are only connected by Shadow's crappy story. Cause clearly Shadow's gonna be in this game. And as we all know any game with Shadow in it is a work of art.

Wait, since when did SA1, SA2, Heroes etc not count as the 'main' series as well? It's not like a game has to be called 'Sonic the Hedgehog [Number] for it to count!

whhaaattt

why does the trailer give me a heavy ristar feel. it looks like the background of the Flora level.

Oh, and it looks awesome. If it ends up being a simple little game "go beat eggman, save shit" kinda deal, i'll be happy.

Also, why is everyone yelling "SUPER SONIC GALAXY", do we have conformation of gravity on FUCKING EVERYTHING yet? i dunno i'm not reading 9 pages of shit.

It sounds more like Sonic in Ristar. srs peeps

• Thumbs Up 1