Awoo.

Sonic Colours: New Wii/DS game

Remy

....OH, OH! This falls perfectly in line with my idea that Sonic Rush 3 was going to be set in space!

Except it's not Sonic Rush 3... It's Colors, stars Tails, and looks a lot better actually in style alone that I thought they would do. So already in that aspect it's better than I envisioned they'd do Rush 3.

Also, why is everyone yelling "SUPER SONIC GALAXY", do we have conformation of gravity on FUCKING EVERYTHING yet? i dunno i'm not reading 9 pages of shit.

At a conceptual level, I don't think there's any denying that Galaxy was some sort of inspiration. But you know, PSM and Natal are obviously inspired by the Wii. This sort of thing happens all the time, and there's a massive difference between 'rip-off' and 'inspiration'. Right now, I guess Colours is the latter.

Edited by Blue Blood

It has the boost, and the DS version is 2D. Here's guessing (and hoping) that the DS version is Sonic Rush 3.

Haven’t seen Dimps name plastered anywhere so I doubt it. No way Sega takes that series away from them considering that it has been their only consistent critical success with the Hedgehog lately.

Here’s to Sonic Rush 3 popping up as the DS’s Anniversary title. The series deserves such an honor now that I think of it.

Edited by Gallia

Hold on... I'm watching the trailer.

............................................................................................................................. Still watching it. ... ... ............................................................................................................................................ Totally still watching it. ............................................................................................................. Ok, finished. ...? ......? <_<... >_> ....................................................................................................................................................... One more time. ............................................................................................... Now I'm searching youtube to see if anyone's ripped the music for download.

Okay, as you can tell, I like what I saw. This shouldn't be news for anyone who knows how my clock works. I'm intrigue to how the gameplay will work though. I'm glad that they're keeping the 2D/3D gameplay format from Unleashed. Being one who liked Unwiished, and honestly, not insulting in anyway, I had less control issue with it than the 360 version, so I don't see any need to worry about the controls if they fall in line.

The trailer is beauitful. with that art style, I can tell that is will be a very beauitful game in artstyle. Kind of has a Mario Galaxy vibe in it. The story, from what I think it might be, may seem very simplistic. Which is good! While a good and deep story is always welcomed in my book, when it comes to plattformers, it's best to let the enviroments do the talking in their own unique ways. I can't wait to see the actual levels, all the characters involved and the gameplay itself. The Wisps seem like they can provide a very mix bag of experiences. Especially since it seems that their abilities can be link together. Their abilities also tell me that this won't just be a Sonic "run yo ass off" game. I have a feeling that a healthy amount of plattforming will be involved. Especially with the Space theme park themes. I could be right... I could be wrong... But I'm thinking positive! :)

Funny thing about the Wisps. They remind me of the aliens from Meteos...

meteos-wars.jpg

Except with they are more fleshy looking. Also, I can't say for certain, but I guess this might mark a end for the storybook series. Just saying that if it does, I will be a little dissapointed on that part. Eh... I'll get over it if so.

I'm keeping my eyes on this one. As 2010 continues to eat my wallet.

Edited by YoshiUnity: Iron Stark
  • Thumbs Up 1

do we have conformation of gravity on FUCKING EVERYTHING yet?

Do we have confirmation of anything yet?! lol

So much speculation, there is no point reading beyond the first 3 pages :P

Wait, since when did SA1, SA2, Heroes etc not count as the 'main' series as well? It's not like a game has to be called 'Sonic the Hedgehog [Number] for it to count!

Yong did say the 'other' main story line.

To be honest though, there is so much division between Sonic fans that I don't think even Sega would admit to what really is part of the 'main' story line. Some people say that only the multiplatform releases are but some of the other games explain more to those.

I say we wait a little and see what is fed to us by Sega and also what ONM have already - and their other 'world exclusive' - please also be Sonic-related.

I'm more interested in how the DS and Wii games fit together - are they the same thing but one is shorter and purely 2D (DS obviously) or will they have different parts of the story that can link together to give even more depth - that would be nice :D

Now I'm searching youtube to see if anyone's ripped the music for download.

YoshiUnity there is a download link in my i've put in there, you should be able to download it there :)

Edited by ςгครђ

It's not like a game has to be called 'Sonic the Hedgehog [Number] for it to count!

And thus ends the arguement.

Haven’t seen Dimps name plastered anywhere so I doubt it. No way Sega takes that series away from them considering that it has been their only consistent critical success with the Hedgehog lately.

Here’s to Sonic Rush 3 popping up as the DS’s Anniversary title. The series deserves such an honor now that I think of it.

You often don't see Dimps name written anywhere but the credits in Sonic games. They're so unloved D=. But no, they're busy with Sonic 4. Sonic Team themselves are heading this I guess, but that doesn't mean it can't be Rush 3. Or should I say "Rush 3 in spirit"? Cause of course Colours isn't actually Rush 3, but it's likely to play exactly like part of the series.

Edited by Blue Blood

...WAIT.

Dimps is heading Sonic 4, which is the "Retro" Downloadble Game....

Sonic Team is heading Sonic Colo(u)rs, which is the Nintendo surrealistic family friendly Game...

Who's working on the 20th anniversary realistic 360 and PS3 Sonic game?

A+ for the concept. This is awesome. My first thought was Doc Eggman's - visiting alien planet = Sonic CD, colorful amusement park = Chaotix.

And it looks like Eggman's turned it into some kind of flea circus from his advertisement. Ha ha ha, that's so perfect.

I'm surprised that the Wii is not getting another Storybook game, but if this is its spinoff successor I'm not disappointed.

And it's coming to DS so I don't have to miss it. I just hope it's unique enough on handheld to be worth the extra version.

I don't see the connection to Mario Galaxy besides maybe comparing Wisps to Lumas. Galaxy was about gravity, this looks different.

And does the name and logo remind anyone of this? It brings me back to better gaming days.

COLOR.png

So I'm already in love with this for having a very reminiscent plot, it looks like simple fun, for the crazy looking alien environment, and Tails appearing.

Edited by Dabnikz

Who's working on the 20th anniversary realistic 360 and PS3 Sonic game?

Sonic Teams got some decent size (didn’t they absorb another Sega studio a while back?). They are big enough to handle both (and I also assume development on Sonic 4 is less time demanding). Then considering that Unleashed came out back in 2008, they have had years to rack up development time on the unannounced 2011 game.

Sonic Team has juggled way more than this in the past (to varying degrees of success). I wouldn’t be surprised if we got wind of another Sonic game soon, like a Rush 3.

Edited by Gallia

Wait, we're assuming that there'll even be a 20th anniversary game? I'm beginning to think that there won't be one at all.

US release date: October 11th

EUR release date: October 12th

Okay, so not really. But you know, with rainbows and all it makes a lot of sense. (Someone catch on to what I'm getting at, plz)

Of course there will be a Sonic 20th game. I'm going to think of this as the Wii companion to the 20th game, like SatBK to Unleashed.

Wait, we're assuming that there'll even be a 20th anniversary game? I'm beginning to think that there won't be one at all.

I'm sure there will be, SEGA seems to just be announcing games closer to release. Like Unleashed was supposed to be announced in May, come out in November, but of course was leaked in March.

And now this was just announced here in late May, coming out this year. See, they likely won't announced the 20th anniversary game until it's closer to release. After all, we're still a year away.

Of course there will be a Sonic 20th game. I'm going to think of this as the Wii companion to the 20th game, like SatBK to Unleashed.

...There was a Wii version of Sonic Unleashed you know, right?

Edited by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper

...There was a Wii version of Sonic Unleashed you know, right?

Yeah but... Sonic '06 came with Secret Rings months later. Sonic Unleashed came with Black Knight months later. The main games are produced for PS3-360 primarily, despite Unleashed Wii. I assume the same with Sonic 20th. It's like they always throw the Nintendo owners something with each main release.

Yeah but... Sonic '06 came with Secret Rings months later. Sonic Unleashed came with Black Knight months later. The main games are produced for PS3-360 primarily, despite Unleashed Wii. I assume the same with Sonic 20th. It's like they always throw the Nintendo owners something with each main release.

Fair enough. ='D

I sometimes make the comparisons, but being a multi-console owner now I think of it more as individual titles than a trade-off type deal, since usually the two different titles are radically different.

At this point I'm not expecting much because they're still shoehorning in some gimmick instead of focusing on making a good just Sonic game. Also note that Sonic did nothing but run in a straight line the whole teaser. Doesn't mean much, but it doesn't bode well.

Also, Sonic is apparently on Planet Meteos or something... Which makes me wish Mizuguchi would make a Sonic game.

• Bad Quality Post 3

At this point I'm not expecting much because they're still shoehorning in some gimmick instead of focusing on making a good just Sonic game. Also note that Sonic did nothing but run in a straight line the whole teaser. Doesn't mean much, but it doesn't bode well.

Also, Sonic is apparently on Planet Meteos or something... Which makes me wish Mizuguchi would make a Sonic game.

Personally, I think we know too little on all fronts ot judge anything at this point.

The only gimick we have is Sonic can use Colors to gain new powers, but to be honest they sound like Mario styled power-ups, drilling through the ground, and such but that sounds more like as I said, a power-up than a full blown gimmick.

Wow the logo strangely reminds me of fruit Polos sweets for some odd reason XD

did you really just nitpick about that and tried to use it to judge possible gameplay

I can no longer take you seriously. I'm sorry.

Also every Sonic game has a gimmick. This one is actually CLOSER to the likes of the classic games, Sonic goes somewhere, saves shit, the end. These things are actually useful however, and don't just jump away into nothingness and lava.

It's alot more classic, simple, and generally more fun sounding than a fucking werehog.

(note: i love my werehoggy sawnik~)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Also note that Sonic did nothing but run in a straight line the whole teaser. Doesn't mean much, but it doesn't bode well.

I don't really think that means anything. It's just a trailer with animation -not gameplay- to get us all hyped. It's a bit too soon to say "oh noes, too linear!"

Edited by BlazingTales

okay, so let me get this straight.

It's SMG combinded with K:CC with Sonic?

Sounds fun! I'LL PLAY!

did you really just nitpick about that and tried to use it to judge possible gameplay

I can no longer take you seriously. I'm sorry.

Also every Sonic game has a gimmick. This one is actually CLOSER to the likes of the classic games, Sonic goes somewhere, saves shit, the end. These things are actually useful however, and don't just jump away into nothingness and lava.

It's alot more classic, simple, and generally more fun sounding than a fucking werehog.

(note: i love my werehoggy sawnik~)

It's a CG scene, they could make Sonic do whatever they want without worrying about programming it and they had him do that?

I also assume you aren't familiar with my axiom about initial trailers: The more different a game's (intended) first trailer is from gameplay (As in, what you see on the screen during the trailer vs. what you see on the screen during gameplay), the worse the game will be. This has been wrong exactly zero times so far, not just with Sonic games, but with all games. I thought Sonic Unleashed proved it wrong, but then I realized that the trailer they wanted to show first was the one with Sonic playing around with the ring.

• Thumbs Up 1

Word of mouth has said the press has already played this game.

...Wha?

(source be Destructoid, someone sent a pro tip and apparently they've already played the game)

Press have played this game yes, I posted this earlier but you may have missed it -

You can read a huge six-page preview of Sonic Colours (as well as a world exclusive reveal of another brand new game) in the next issue of Official Nintendo Magazine, on sale 16 June.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=17425

Just noticed ONM have put up a blog entry on it too -

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=17431