Awoo.

The next MGS IS!? Raiden!?

Badnik Mechanic

Ok we all remember the apple "Next MGS is" followed by this rather epic

trailer that came out the very same day.

But it wasn't MGS 5... we're still waiting for some news on that one... Well... As of a few hours ago the wait is over.

At GDC 2009 Kojima was talking about... urm... urm... things. He didn't talk about the next Metal Gear Solid... But once he finished his talk and walked away from the stand, the lights dimmed and the screen behind him displayed the following.

img_5256-3262009-580px.jpg

A close up of that fellow...

raidencloseupmayb.jpg

Otacon: Thats not you Snake!

Snake: I'm dead what do you expect!?

Thats either Raiden, the rain master... who grows a new pair of arms by the end of MGS 4... or... it's the original cyborg ninja.

Either way, with all the hints in MGS 4, the hint in MGS 3's "Time Paradox" easter egg, and all the other hints about "Snakes last mission" it looks like Raiden will finally get the "Star chair" as apposed to Snake.

Well... If he's anything like he was in MGS 2, and if the game is anything like that... we should expect an exact copy of MGS 4, but with Raiden! Only camper!

Edited by Casanova

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phos

• Crystal Kingfisher

• Candescence

• Badnik Mechanic

If it's true, for it to 'work' they'll have to take a lot of the mechanics Ninja Gaiden uses so well and turn them to their own ends.

Ok we all remember the apple "Next MGS is" followed by this rather epic
trailer that came out the very same day.

But it wasn't MGS 5... we're still waiting for some news on that one... Well... As of a few hours ago the wait is over.

At GDC 2009 Kojima was talking about... urm... urm... things. He didn't talk about the next Metal Gear Solid... But once he finished his talk and walked away from the stand, the lights dimmed and the screen behind him displayed the following.

img_5256-3262009-580px.jpg

A close up of that fellow...

raidencloseupmayb.jpg

Otacon: Thats not you Snake!

Snake: I'm dead what do you expect!?

Thats either Raiden, the rain master... who grows a new pair of arms by the end of MGS 4... or... it's the original cyborg ninja.

Either way, with all the hints in MGS 4, the hint in MGS 3's "Time Paradox" easter egg, and all the other hints about "Snakes last mission" it looks like Raiden will finally get the "Star chair" as apposed to Snake.

Well... If he's anything like he was in MGS 2, and if the game is anything like that... we should expect an exact copy of MGS 4, but with Raiden! Only camper!

Look at the Heels, Raiden in MGS4 had those heels, but at the end he had a new body, my hope is Raiden is not the main character, I want someone completely new, but that pic is of Raiden.

Yes it does look like Grey Fox... But it's Raiden since I don't think Fox has any fashion sense...

Besides Kojima learned that using popular characters = more money.... It might be promising...

Edited by Zombie Wei

Did Raiden get his (somewhat) original body grafted back on after MSG4? I doubt this could be Raiden unless...I really don't know.

I'll just have to wait til they spill more of the info.

And if he's anything like he is in MGS4 we have a Ninja Gaiden Killer. :o

I smell a prequel.
Yes please. Drunken bar brawling Marriage problems Raiden please. :P

Could focus on that mission where he saved sunny, interspersed with Bar fights, it'd be rad!

Sweet. I liked Raiden in MGS2, but he was completely awesome in MGS4. I can't wait for this game.

Looks like Grey Fox, but I'm gonna get the hell away from this topic right now, having not finished MGS4.

Looks like Rose was right - there's always MGS5 for Raiden to take the main character's chair.

Unless Kojima pulls our leg again and has us play someone else, like, say, Liquid Snake. Come to think of it, that would be awesome. Ocelot would be awesome too.

Looks like Rose was right - there's always MGS5 for Raiden to take the main character's chair.

I see you referenced that short Metal Gear Raiden: Snake Eraser. I love that short, it's so funny.

If this is actually MGS 5, I'm going to mostly ignore preview information, Hideo Kojima intentionally misleads people with it (so he doesn't spoil anything).