Awoo.

Sony @ E3 2010

Patticus

playstation-logo-300x275.png

Sony's E3 Press Conference: June 15th @ 12:00pm PST (aka 3:00pm EST, 8:00pm GMT) at the Shrine Auditorium.

Likely To See:

LittleBIGPlanet 2

Killzone 3

SOCOM 4

Gran Turismo 5

God of War: Ghost of Sparta

The Last Guardian

Ape Escape

DC Universe

Free Realms

The Agency

Final Fantasy XIV

Pixel Junk Shooter 2

PlayStation Move

3D Gaming presentation

Premium PSN subscriptions

Rumoured:

inFAMOUS 2

Uncharted PSP from Sony Bend

Uncharted 2 Single player DLC

Resistance 3

Motorstorm 3

Starhawk

Agent

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker on PSN

Zone of the Enders 3

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

ICO + Shadow of the Colossus on Blu Ray

I can see LittleBIGPlanet 2 taking the spotlight this time around.

Edited by Shade737

It better. That game has generated more hype from me than anything in the past three years or so.

Little Big Planet 2 and The Last Guardian have really peaked my interest. Besides that, I'm not particularly looking forward to anything Sony might reveal, although they did pleasantly surprise me with their presentation of Little Big Planet 1, so who knows.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if they'll do what they did last year with the conference being shown via a little big planet level. It would certainly make it interesting and show off the game at the same time.

Mind you, you can expect that Killzone 3 will be shown, with or without the motion pad is debatable. But I am looking forward to Resistance 3 footage or at least an announcement.

Little Big Planet 2 and The Last Guardian have really peaked my interest.

This. I'd also go for ICO Collection and (maybe) Ape Escape.

Hope Sony has some surprises. They revealed a lot of games right before E3. All of them being sequels (prequel in GoW and MGS). PSP 2 and PSN+ announcements wouldn't be shocking either.

Here's hoping for some fresh, unexpected stuff. Perhaps a killer-app that actually makes me care about Move?

• Thumbs Up 1

I want to see inFAMOUS 2, The Last Gaurdian, and LittleBigPlanet 2. But hopefully they also show some new games that have yet to be unveiled. GT5 also has some interest to me but not much, I'm not much of a racing fan.

Edited by Silencer226

Little Big Planet 1 didn't get any hype from me at all (still doesn't), but with the improvements announced so far for LBP2, colour me very interested.

With the extra genres it will cover, the variety and diversity we can expect will be mindblowing.

Also, Killzone 3 won't have that weight lag thing. MAJOR plus for me!

Also, Infamous 2 is very likely to be shown, so chalk that one up too, oh and Team ICO games are a must, if that Bluray combo of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus comes to pass, it's instabuy.

Edited by killemoff

Really, the only thing probably in this entire expo that I have my eye on is Gran Turismo 5. I'm hoping this is when we actually get a decisive release date. PSP2 has some of my interest.

Sony sure is steping up their library of games compared to Nintendo and Microsoft.

I would love to see what they have for inFamous.

Hm, only really looking forward to The Last Guardian, (possibly) Infamous 2, Zone of the Enders 3, FFVsXIII, Uncharted PSP and the ICO/SOTC thing.

I'm guessing there's a possibility of them showing MGS:R there, too, but that's not as likely as at Microsoft's conference. Also, the PSP2 if they try to match Nintendo and the 3DS. But that's not a certain thing, and I don't think stuff like this is ever a surprise... is it?

I wonder if we'll finally.... finally... FINALLY see some Resident Evil PSP? Was it last year or the year before that this game was announced? Yet we've heard nothing since.

I wonder if we'll finally.... finally... FINALLY see some Resident Evil PSP? Was it last year or the year before that this game was announced? Yet we've heard nothing since.

It was announced last year -

http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/989/989522p1.html

I'd almost forgotten about that game :lol:

http://www.vg247.com/2010/06/01/source-david-cage-casting-for-horizon/

VG247 has learnt that Heavy Rain’s David Cage is now casting for a project called “Horizon,” said to be centred on a twenty-something couple.

We were told the plot involves “a curious man raised very insularly meeting a free woman who is hesitant to exercise her freedom.”

Last bit: it’s just been hinted to us that the whole thing is science fiction.

The call is to take place in LA, and no shooting location has been specified. Sony’s the publisher, apparently.

Cage has already ruled out the idea of a Heavy Rain sequel, casting doubts on a follow-up as early as August last year.

The French developer said in March that Quantic’s next game is “already written”.

He added that he new project will be “very different, and I think it’s going to be very surprising,” and that you may be waiting “less than you think” to see it first hand.

I'd say it's only a matter of time until Sony purchases QD. Oh, and the veracity of this 'rumor'? Pretty damn high.

24mvnsl.jpg

And GameInformer is running a feature too. Looks like Cole got a redesign... and grew some hair in the meanwhile.

In 2009, Sucker Punch Productions released Infamous, a super-powered sandbox game that was a drastic departure from the studio's well-known Sly Cooper franchise. Venturing into new territory paid off for Sucker Punch; the PS3-exclusive Infamous has sold nearly 2 million copies, providing a combination of mobility and electrical powers that makes gamers feel like a true superhero. For Infamous 2, the team hopes to raise the bar even higher. A new look for hero Cole MacGrath is just the first step; a new city, new powers, and a powerful new foe await you in Infamous 2, and you can read all about it our exclusive 10-page story.
Edited by Dobkeratops

Yet another Sony sequel revealed right before E3. I'm hoping this means they have plenty of fresh IPs to show off at their presser conference, not just more room for Move emphasis.

They better do, I don't want to spend 2 hours watching waggles, PSP and sales talk.

But assuming they're saving new things for the conference, it's pretty good that they're unveiling all the expected sequels right now. Everyone knew we'd be getting LBP2, KZ3, Infamous 2, et cetera - let's get some actual surprises at the show or give the spotlight to comparatively smaller but equally promising games, either from Sony or from third parties (I'd love to see Dead Space 2 or Vanquish demoed).

I mean, what expected games are yet to be shown? GT5, which I can understand they'll want to make a big deal of, and Last Guardian - guaranteed they'll show some gameplay and end that segment with a "get ready for Trico with the ICO/SotC Collection for PS3 this Fall" announcement.

24mvnsl.jpg

And GameInformer is running a feature too. Looks like Cole got a redesign... and grew some hair in the meanwhile.

Cole without hair bad ass level: |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Cole with hair bad ass level: |||||||||||||||||

Ah well, I look forward to this game. But they better have more to show, but so far looks like Sony is ready to kick some ass with all these games.

I dunno, too many Baldy McBalds already in vidyagaems IMO. Maybe now you can customize his appearance somewhat, or better yet, he'll be changing styles/uniforms according to your alignment.

And at this rate he could be sporting a kickass mullet in the next game :3

• Thumbs Up 1

On one hand, Cole looked better without hair, on the other hand having hair makes him more neutral looking. Bald Cole kinda looked like the villain regardless of alignment in the first Infamous game.

Little Big Planet 2 and God of War: Ghost of Sparta are the only two on the "Likely to see" list that sound good to me. As for rumored, I really hope they do announce a PSP Uncharted, Resistance 3, and Zone of the Enders 3.

P.S. If inFamous 2 has been announced, does that mean they might be showing it at E3? I hope so, because inFamous 2 would be awesome.

That Motorstorm is certainly different.

But these leaks don't really matter really. We'll get the 'official' announcements anyway come E3, but it all depends on if the stuff you show at E3 actually gets released anytime soon after it.

Last year, how much of E3 actually got released within the year? That ultimately decides who won E3.