Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 2010

Patticus

Am I the only one thinking they're going a bit far this year? Besides F-Zero what other big series are they not releasing a game for? After how awesome this E3 was they'll never top it next year.

Yes there will be models like the XL which will be advertised for a certain demographic (like a tiny version for people on the go, or a huge version for people with sight problems, but the initial 3DS model won't have anything that needs fixing.

I should point out that that statement is just as incorrect at this point as those who are saying there will be an inevitable updated model. No one here has actually used the system, and so far we are going on second-hand info for a system that is still in the prototype stage. For example, if the ergonomic fears that I mentioned in the other topic actually turn out to be real problems on the final production model, I would want an updated version of the handheld pretty quickly indeed.

Ah. So it was an Earthbound character. You could've said something, Columind :-/

But that would have ruined my suspense filled entrance...

• Thumbs Up 2

But that would have ruined my suspense filled entrance...

But now everyone knows I'm an idiot who didn't know the guy D:

I should point out that that statement is just as incorrect at this point as those who are saying there will be an inevitable updated model. No one here has actually used the system, and so far we are going on second-hand info for a system that is still in the prototype stage. For example, if the ergonomic fears that I mentioned in the other topic actually turn out to be real problems on the final production model, I would want an updated version of the handheld pretty quickly indeed.

Yes but I can't see Nintendo not addressing any problems the media have had when using the system. If they weren't planning on addressing problems, they wouldn't have made it known that it's still in the prototype stage.

Are the ergonomics of the proto 3DS really that much worse to you than any other system on the market?

If the 3DS is released and riddled with bugs, then sure, wait for an updated version, but I really don't think that will happen at this stage, especially since they currently seem to be following the ergonomics and aesthetics of the DSi, one of the later DS models.

EDIT @ MarcelloF:

I had no idea what it was about either, but I liked the suspense. ^^;

Edited by SuperLink

Am I the only one thinking they're going a bit far this year? Besides F-Zero what other big series are they not releasing a game for? After how awesome this E3 was they'll never top it next year.

Pikmin 3, Starfox Wii, Another Fire Emblem Wii, Wii _____ (Big to the casual crowd.), Yoshi Wii(Another all Yoshi game like Yoshi's Island or Yoshi Story. I meant shoot we have Warioland: Shake it! and now Donkey Kong Country Returns is coming out.)

They still have plenty to work with along with F-Zero. As for other games... It obvious that a Mario something will be at the next E3. I still think that they should make another Luigi's Mansion... The original game grew on me, and the motion controls are asking for it. Also this might be a stretch but a pure Poke'mon Wii could happen. Yeah. Nintendo says no for now, but hey... You never know.

Edited by YoshiUnity: Larry Butz

Unlike the switch from the GBC to the GBA or GBA to DS, they're not totally redesigning the system. It's basically just a DSi with a slide pad and 3D. So unless the DSi is in major need of updates, this probably won't be either.

At the same time, new versions means new money.

EarthBound Central updated about it.

Source

Today I suddenly started getting a lot of e-mails from folks about stuff at E3. I’ve been wary of posting it since I can’t confirm anything, so take all of this with many grains of salt.

The first tidbit comes from Infendo – there’s apparently a door near Nintendo’s booth at E3 that says “Dr. Andonuts” on it for some reason:

[Pic, too lazy to reupload it]

If anyone is at E3, can you confirm/deny? If it’s there, it’s possible it’s just named that for no real reason, kind of like how this room is named.

Yes but I can't see Nintendo not addressing any problems the media have had when using the system. If they weren't planning on addressing problems, they wouldn't have made it known that it's still in the prototype stage.

Fair enough.

Are the ergonomics of the proto 3DS really that much worse to you than any other system on the market?

I don't know. I haven't used it.

Achievements?

Awesommmeeeeeeee

I started laughing hard when I read this post xD. I don't really know why, but I did.

I personally never pay attention to achievements so I really don't care. As long as the online system isn't shit now I'm happy.

Well the Doctor Andonuts thing would be great but E3's over now... D:

And no announcement or anything.

Yep.

Got this from Will (I’m assuming it’s really him, anyway), who’s the Infendo fellow who took the original door pic.

It saddens me to say this… But that door was just apparently a joke that Nintendo thought was funny. What exactly was in the room from what I got from an inside source was nothing more than just hardware, boxes, and stuff to burn new discs for the demo systems on the show floor.

The room was basically their tech support area where they would switch out faulty hardware.

Since Dr. Adonuts was about creating amazing technical marvels in earthbound, they thought it would be funny if their tech stuff was behind that door. It was nothing more than a cool reference, that turned out to be a cruel joke in the making.

It’s sad to say but earthbound is not coming to the 3DS.

Source. (Mato's Comment)

whywouldyoudothat2.jpg

Edited by Ricky

Wow. So that Earthbound door was just a joke/reference? Nintendo sure have been the ultimate tease this year.

And I bloody well love them for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nintendo shouldn't tease western fans about a game they refuse to release over and over again.

Yes it's a reference, but that's downright cruel when you think about it. It shows that Nintendo have acknowledged the existence of many Mother fans on this side of the planet, but they're still not going to release them. It seems like it's out of spite or stubbornness, almost.

• Thumbs Up 1