Awoo.

Microsoft @ E3 2010

Patticus

xbox-360%20logo.jpg

Microsoft's E3 Press Conferences:

June 13th: World Premiere “Project Natal for Xbox 360 Experience,” Galen Centre

June 14th @ 10:30am PST (aka 1:30pm EST, 6:30pm GMT ): Xbox 360 Media Briefing, Wiltern Theatre

Likely to see:

Halo: Reach

Fable III

Crackdown 2

Gears of War 3

Wave (formerly Natal)

Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Rumoured:

SEGA Superstars Wave

RARE Wave games

Insomniac Wave game

Besides Halo (...*yawn*), Crackdown, Gears 3 (hellz yes except for online), and Fable I hope they show off more stuff (mainly unannounced killerapp titles, because my 360 has been sitting around for like 6 months),and I'm not talking about showing off multiplats and making it seem like they're exclusive.

Has the amazing Metro 2033 completely passed you by? Or the (totally-superior-on-360 and) truly sublime Red Dead Redemption?

Oh I've heard of Metro 2033, I've just never had any interest in it. As for Red Dead Redemption, I really can't afford that or any other game right now (not even modnation racers which I want so bad). It could have to do with me having 4 different consoles and playing favorites between them. :P

Edited by Silencer226

I would very strongly urge you to give your 360 some love as it evidently hasn't seen use in six months. These two are just phenomenal games. Worth every penny. Do high quality gaming a favour and give it your money via these two outstanding games.

Silencer, I'd definitely listen to Patticus and pick up Red Dead Redemption whenever you can. That game is just...GOLD.

On topic, as with Mirror's Edge 2, this is the first I've heard of the SEGA Superstars Wave game...sounds likely but, I'd prefer something different. It might as well be a straight sequel to the original EyeToy game if it is true.

I cannot wait for Microsoft's e3 Broadcast, they are my favourite of the three gaming companies out so far (Sony being second, and the rest you can figure out) and so I'm intrigued to see what Natal/Wave might bring to make me actually enjoy motion controls (and if not then oh well, I won't pick it up). I'm excited for more stuff on Halo : Reach which is an excellent game so far judging by the beta, Fable is going to be exciting, Gears 3 is going to rock so hard, Metal Gear Rising might be interesting and so forth. I'm pretty pumped to see what else they have to reveal, as their performance last year was just so awesome :D. I'm gonna try my hardest not to turn into a MS fanboy during e3 but that might be tough hahaha. I try to seperate my personal feelings on all the consoles and just not post in the topics about games/systems/whatever I don't really like as not to rain on everyone's parade :P, but who knows if e3 might just make me excited about everything.

I imagine Microsoft will mention Rock Band 3 (With Keyboard support!) and talk about the Rock Band Network (2.0!?) as well! =)

Hmm... Interesting lineup. One question, though. Will MGS: Rising be at Microsoft or Sony? It is on both consoles after all.

Hmm... Interesting lineup. One question, though. Will MGS: Rising be at Microsoft or Sony? It is on both consoles after all.

If it's a trailer, it could be in both (either featured as a standalone or within a montage). If they're going to live demo some gameplay, I'm pretty sure it'll be at Microsoft's in a (futile?) effort to appeal to the MGS fanbase like they did with FFXIII.

A couple employees from MS Japan recently visited KojiPro, perhaps they were checking on that? As long as we don't get another retarded countdown for two CG jpegs I'm fine.

Is it too soon to hope for a preview of Mass Effect 3?

Probably, yes. And I'm not entirely sure it'd be shown at the Microsoft press conference... among other things to consider, they didn't show ME2 last year, did they?

From E3 '09's Metal Gear Rising announcement at Microsoft's Press Conference -

untitled2.jpg

http://kotaku.com/55...is-instructions

I lol'd hard, I wonder if Kojima had a good laugh at that :lol:

Haha awesome I bet Kojima did get a good laugh about it =D

I just remember about a certain game what was announced at E3 last year and suppose to be released last winter for free on the Xbox Live Arcade JOYRIDE, what happened to that game it doesn't even have it's Xbox game page up anymore anyone think it gonna get mentioned at E3 this year or thinks it has been cancelled ?

sorry for the double post

So the Xbox 360 may be getting another re-branding for the System for all types of media like box art, possibly advertisements,designs of the box the Xbox comes in and maybe the dashboard at E3 but will happen after the event

The designs and patterns of the Xbox 360 brand will be changing following the announcements of new hardware and software at this years E3 2010 event. The familiar green and grey circles that mangle themselves around our game cases and other media will be no more - goodbye green circles, hello green wavy hair? new360designs.jpg

Here comes the science bit:

The new design appears to represent a repeating waveform in motion, capturing the energy of transitions whilst regarded as a symbol of strength. It is likely that new branding is actually the ‘Project Natal’ designs which will be spread across the board so that all Xbox 360 products are now represented by the same ‘Project Natal’ image.

Because we’re worth it:

You will notice that pre-orders for late 2010 titles will now display the new box art waves as shown in the image above. New hardware packaging, Xbox.com and possibly even the console dashboard itself will be updated with new designs as part of the complete Xbox 360 re-brand.

ICGamers will be in attendance at this years E3 2010 gaming event from June 15th - 17th to bring you updated news as it happens on our Xboxic, Playstatic, Nintendic, FaceBook and Twitter pages.

Will ‘Project Natal’ be named ‘WAVE’ after all?

http://www.xboxic.com/news/6165

Edited by Crash

I hate that new design, it looks too 'computer packaging' for me and not enough 'console packaging'.

Oh boy. With all of the hate Sony got at the end of 2009 with their retroactive rebranding, I can't imagine the fallout that Microsoft is going to get if they plan on completely rebranding the system around a peripheral that most 360 owners probably couldn't care less about.

3vT1f.jpg

image62ie.jpg

okay guys who hit the VCR with a sledgehammer

(JPG extracted from a Microsoft Italy flash ad or something).

Apparently features:

-Terrible aesthetics

-Built in wifi

-Huge vents to try and prevent it from red ringing

-250 Gb HDD

-"Kinect" (Natal?) compatibility

-Not too... slim dimensions, judging from disc tray sizes (but it's hard to gauge with a perspective shot)

Draw your own conclusions.

Edited by Dobkeratops

Well the shape of that sure is wierd, if real. If you could turn it on its side though and not have problems I can see it being alright and I'd probably pick one up somewhere down the road. a bigger HD + better vents and whatnot sound alright to me. But really, my 360 is good as is right now I guess other than the 20gb hdrive haha.

I wouldn't think they would be stupid enough to redesign the 360 slim into a differently shaped convex box.

Also, this being the company that charges $100 for a wifi dongle, I have little reason to believe it would include built in wireless.

Edited by Tornado

^edit: It doesn't look too much like a slimmer model. Just a redesign.

_

"Better vents" might not be the right word. For all we know it could have an internal power brick now, hence the need to have an entire side dedicated to cooling. If that's the case I'd personally stay away from the first run of models, given Microsoft's track record with new hardware arrangements.

I cannot tell either whether the dent in the front is depth or width based.

-

AND HERE

Microsoft got a head start Sunday night by incorporating its game system and footage from new titles into a performance by Cirque Du Soleil at the University of Southern California. The performance troupe, which spent four months developing "a customized experience," took its inspiration for the event from Kinect, the official name of what had been known as Project Natal under development.

The 4-year-old Xbox 360 has long seemed targeted at hard-core gamers, with a controller that could be intimidating.

"For lots of people, that controller is a barrier," says creative director Kudo Tsunoda. "We set out to make a new control paradigm where anybody can get in and play, without having to read the instructions or learn a complicated set of controls."

Kinect's built-in camera and microphone (due later this year, no price set) uses facial and voice recognition to let you, for instance, log onto Xbox Live, start games and pause movies. And a new menu lets you choose games or services such as Netflix by simply reaching out and pointing toward the screen selection. Video chat lets Xbox 360 homes connect; the smart camera widens when another person enters the room.

Microsoft's Marc Whitten credits Nintendo with setting things in motion: "They have done some amazing things and brought new people to the category. This is fundamentally different. It's (about) my body being the controller (and) being able to communicate with just my voice to the system."

WE

Among games in the works:

Kinectimals lets you train and play with 20 different virtual cats, including a lion, cheetah and tiger.

Joyride, a racing game, lets players use their hands to hold an imaginary steering wheel — pull your hands toward you and push back out for an acceleration boost — and their bodies to execute jumps and tricks.

Kinect Sports has six activities including boxing, bowling, beach volleyball, track and field, soccer and table tennis. To serve a volleyball, you mimic the real motion; in soccer, you can kick the ball or do a header.

Kinect Adventures includes a river-raft time trial and obstacle course, playable by up to four players. On the raft, playing as a duo, you and a partner must lean one way or another to steer. Jumping helps the raft reach special areas for extra points.

Dance Central, in development by MTV Games, brings a So You Think You Can Dance experience home.

Star Wars characters and iconic Disney favorites will be featured in separate new games being developed at Microsoft in conjunction with LucasArts and Disney.

GO

Edited by Dobkeratops

Guest Miles Per Hour

I'm not looking forward to Microsoft's Kinect......."walks away slowly to the PS3"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Wow, wasn't expecting the name Kinect at all. There was apparently a moving advert before it got taken down -

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=250767

http://www.console-tribe.com/news/6-6-281598/mass-effect-3-dragon-age-ii-dead-or-alive-5-saranno-annunciati-all-e3.html

Kinect launch line-up doesn't look very exciting :( -

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=250778