Awoo.

How would you like a Sonic movie...

vgmaster

...that's actually a musical!?

For every 8 minutes that pass, there would be a song of a certain subject that would either go from 3 minutes to 5. Like one of the songs would be how Eggman likes to take over the world, or another one when Knuckles is angry at Sonic when he's tricked by Eggman, or Amy singing about how much she loves Sonic. That would be just the tip of the iceberg XD.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• AdventChild

• SABRINA

• The-BB

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually i don't mind musicals and I happen to enjoy them. A Sonic one might not be a failure if the music was good with a really good storyline.

I'd see it for a laugh with some buds, but I'm not sure if I'd actually enjoy it as a genuinely good movie. :P

Reeaally awkward to imagine. Most musicals I've seen have a focus that more into...something, I forgot what it was.

But Sonic doesn't exactly seem like a series that would do well in musical. I really can't picture it without it being messed up in my mind.

I would see it :P Providing the songs and singers were better than Underground...*shiver* Uggggh

A Sonic musical? I'd see it immediately for a good laugh. XD It might actually work though, if the music, songs, vocals and storyline are really good. ;P

Imagine if they sung along to Unleashed's orchestral theme The World Adventure!

Edited by Gabz Girl

I'd see it, but there would have to be a duet with Tails and Cosmo, I dunno how Tails would sing otherwise O.o

Sonic Unleashed: the Game: the Movie: The Musical: On Ice: Director's Cut: in 3D: with Smell-O-Vision: with Temperature emulation: with Surround Sound

I'd pay money. Lot's of it.

Sonic Unleashed: the Game: the Movie: The Musical: On Ice: Director's Cut: in 3D: with Smell-O-Vision: with Temperature emulation: with Surround Sound

If it doesn't have technicolor or Fantasound, shit's not getting a dime out of my pocket.

I can't be the only one hoping for VE to make a feature length Sonic movie.

As for a musical, I don't think it makes too much sense for the character. Yeah, Sonic was originally going to be the vocalist in a band, but you usually expect orchestral backing to the kind of music found in these.

I'm actually not that big of a fan of musicals. The singing always feels kinda...awkward, for lack of a better term.

Needless to say, a Sonic musical would probably be even more awkward than most normal musicals, so I don't think I'd like the idea.

Edited by Unknown

I'm sure it would be something like this :P

Haha! :D That's so damn good, always makes me laugh.

I'd like Sonic movie be like Sonic CD intro and ending videos. I love the art style in those. So, all the way Sonic CD style. I haven't imagined the storyline and other things yet so I'll have to think those a while.

That was EXACTLY was I was about to post.LOL

Man, I hate musicals. The only GOOD musical is

"Put That Thing Back Where it Came From,

Or So Help Me"

The one that Mike and Sulley from Monsters inc. was working on.

And I only liked it because it was so stupid.LOL

Of course this is coming from a guy who CAN bare 2 minutes of Sonic,Manic,

and Sonia singing.(Shivers and groans)

I can't be the only one hoping for VE to make a feature length Sonic movie.

After seeing Night of the Werehog, a full CGI movie would be amazing...

No, not a musical. Of course I'd see it (if it wasn't liscenced like Underground...) but I probably would rage.

Or This :P

These would be pretty awesome as a start of story line or may just outtakes at the end. =D

I would actually quite enjoying going to see a Sonic the Hedgehog Musical. I love musicals so I think as long as it is done right it could be pretty epic.

Stuart TwentyThree for being a fan of Sonic Underground how can you then go on to say you hate musicals? Admittedly Sonic Underground cannot be classed as "music" (just kidding) but if you liked that I thought you would have loved a musical of Sonic.

Or This :P

I love that video so much =D

In all seriousness, we've already established that Jason Griffith can't sing. I mean, listen to the national anthem sung by 4Kids...*Shudders*

Any suggestions for alternative singing voices?

Edited by The-BB

These would be pretty awesome as a start of story line or may just outtakes at the end. =D

I would actually quite enjoying going to see a Sonic the Hedgehog Musical. I love musicals so I think as long as it is done right it could be pretty epic.

Stuart TwentyThree for being a fan of Sonic Underground how can you then go on to say you hate musicals? Admittedly Sonic Underground cannot be classed as "music" (just kidding) but if you liked that I thought you would have loved a musical of Sonic.

Well, that's kind of a mixed thing. I WOULD like it if the music was like hard rock/metal kind of music.

Like if in a scene a volcano erupts and spills all over the road and Sonic starts singing HIGHWAY TO HELL.XD

But if it's just some violin riffs while sonic sings "lalala I'm going to the store to get some cokes lala"

THAT'S when I draw the line.

Example: Walt Disney was BAAAAD about that kind of stuff. I remember seeing a disney film that was pretty much ALL singing. I dont remember that much about it but it was basically

person 1: Helloooooo

person 2: suuuuuuup?

person 1: How's your mooomma ?

person 2: She has AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDS! aids, aids, aids, oh yes she's done got aids

And when I think of musicals,

that's what I think of. shit like that.

I love that video so much =D

In all seriousness, we've already established that Jason Griffith can't sing. I mean, listen to the nation anthem sung by 4Kids...*Shudders*

Any suggestions for alternative singing voices?

You mean

:P

A Sonic musical? Sounds like something just for laughs, but definitely don't want the 4kids VAs to do it after hearing that anthem crap. Maybe they could lip sync to music sung by others.

Also, don't want anything stupid like basing it off high school or have anyone named Zac or have last names like Effron involved. *wink wink

Edited by AdventChild