Awoo.

SEGA @ E3 2010?

eXtaticus

In the light of SEGA's recent announcement of Sonic Colors (or "Colours", depending on whether or not you want to use the correct spelling - and, indeed, what you perceive the "correct spelling" to be (I've used the USA spelling, as it's the only variation of the word that is included within an official logo, but I digress)), and comments from ArchAngelUK that the fans "don't know everything that we're [sEGA are] up to", I've been wondering what gaming's original blue-sky company have hidden up their enigmatic (yet leaky) sleeves. Rumours of more arcade ports and the recent re-release of After Burner Climax have had the press buzzing about the future, and with not merely one, but two Sonic games already confirmed to exhibit playable demos at the iconic E3 expo, the SEGA fan-scene is already rife with expectations and wondering.

One can only ponder at what else the company are planning to reveal at the show; a home port of The House of the Dead 4, perhaps? The confirmation of the long-awaited Sonic Adventure 3? A new Jet Set Radio title? It really is anyone's guess!

• Thumbs Up 1

(I've used the USA spelling, as it's the only variation of the word that is included within an official logo, but I digress)

Say what? =P

I've been paying next to no attention to SEGA lately to have any expectations. All I was expecting was another Sonic title to go alongside S4, and then Pretty Colours happened. So you know, I was 100% right, eh? Otherwise there's only one title that I'd really ask for, and that's another JSR.

Edited by Blue Blood

A new Jet Set Radio title?

Sega doesn't love us that much.. I don't think they ever will.

r8beqe.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

SEGA-wise, I'm only really interested in how Sonic 4 and Sonic Colours are shaping up. Hopefully we'll get some promising impressions and gameplay footage from the event. Any other Sonic-related announcements will also be welcomed.

Sega doesn't love us that much.. I don't think they ever will.

r8beqe.jpg

Alas, 'tis highly unfortunate. Although I'm sure that if SEGA re-released the first two titles in the series over a download service such as Xbox Live (the second as an Xbox Original, the first as an XBLA title - actually, that could also be confirmed at E3; SEGA does seem rather intent on re-releasing retro Dreamcast games online, and since JSR has never been ported to any other system, it could be highly desirable), the average modern gamer would doubtlessly see their greatness, and wouldn't hesitate to buy a third instalment to the saga.

• Thumbs Up 1

(or "Colours", depending on whether or not you want to use the correct spelling - and, indeed, what you perceive the "correct spelling" to be (I've used the USA spelling, as it's the only variation of the word that is included within an official logo, but I digress))

What .... tis spelled correctly my friend

The confirmation of the long-awaited Sonic Adventure 3? A new Jet Set Radio title? It really is anyone's guess!

I highly doubt that a Sonic Adventure 3 is going to be confirmed so that idea is thrown out the window since Sonic Colours is coming out for the Wii/DS and will feature at E3 with Sonic 4 Episode 1 and we probably won't hear about another new 3D Sonic game until next year now (Sonic's 20th anniversary Game?), a new JSR game is never going happen it will just be like Shenmue will never get a other major release and only be in spin off sega games (e.g Sonic & Sega All Star Racing).

I think Sega will release some details on some old games though for the Xbox Live Arcade and PSN Sonic Adventure 1, Crazy Taxi and the rumored Jet Set Radio and Shenmue arcade ports and maybe Sumo has something for the Sega All Star series for us possibly for the Natal (Wave) styled game in the same vain of Sega Superstars on the PS2 Eye Toy but much more advanced than that.

Edited by тнє мαи¢υиιαи ∂υ∂є

An announcement of the localization of Yakuza 4, due to being released either end of this year or beginning of next, would be pretty sweet.

Edited by blackherox

I'm looking for F-Zero (though that'd more likely be with Nintendo), Valkyria Chronicles, Sonic Colours, Sonic 4, anything else Sonic, Yakuza 4, Skies of Arcadia (as always) and whatever they might do with the 3DS (again, this would likely show up with Nintendo).

I don't really expect that they'll deliver except on the Sonic and VCII fronts. Maybe the 3DS.

I know that SEGA is prolly doing S4 and Colors at E3, but I hope there is a Jet Set Radio game being prepped for E3, or at least some mention of the series. I also hope for something Shinobi-related.

Im looking forward to Yakuza 4. I liked Yakuza 3 but its too much of a PS2 game for me to get attached to it. Hopefully Yakuza 3 will take advantage of the PS3 capabilities fully.

Edited by Shade737

Am I the only one who wants to see more about Vanquish? :(

You know, the new Platinum game?

There were also a lot of rumors about a new Total War game (Shogun 2), Even if my PC it's still not enough to play Napoleon: total war I will still keep an eye on this (posible) new entry in the series. :P

There were also a lot of rumors about a new Total War game (Shogun 2), Even if my PC it's still not enough to play Napoleon: total war I will still keep an eye on this (posible) new entry in the series. :P

I forgot about that. ...>_> <_< -.-

Although it's a dead cert that no new hardware will turn up (aside from any new variants of SEGA's retro consoles; a PMP/ Portable MegaDrive hybrid, perhaps?), I'm hoping to see some arcade ports; Xbox 360/ PS3 versions of Ghost Squad: Evolution and The House of the Dead 4/ EX wouldn't go amiss, especially seeing as both machines are soon to be compatible with motion controls - a Wave-enhanced on-rails shooter would be a highly desirable prospect for many an arcade fanatic, and due to the fact that modern televisions (post-CRT) are incompatible with traditional Light-Guns, the only method of experiencing the game with any degree of authenticity.

I'm also curious as to what Sega Rally 3 involves, and how the Initial D games play; apparently, there's been quite a buzz in Japan about the latter, and I'd personally like to check out what all the easterners are making such a fuss about. SEGA brought the arcade experience to the living room in the '90s, so why can't they do it twenty years later?

• Thumbs Up 1

SHENMUE 3 @ E3!

To justify the above statement, there was supposedly cancelled Shenmue Online which they could had been working on all this time. Oh and Ryo popped up in SaSASR so they haven't forgotten him yet.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

^^ Well, we knew a post like that was about to happen, but it's still kind of annoying. -_-

Anyways, if we are going to make wishful thinking, I would love if they announce a console port of VF 5: Final Showdown to the consoles, not that I own any console, but I would really appreciate if SEGA is willing to take that extra effort for their fans. :)

Also: ZOMFG ASR HAS JACKY AND AKIRA IT MUST BE TRUE!!!!!11!!eon!eon!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

^^ Well, we knew a post like that was about to happen, but it's still kind of annoying. -_-

Anyways, if we are going to make wishful thinking, I would love if they announce a console port of VF 5: Final Showdown to the consoles, not that I own any console, but I would really appreciate if SEGA is willing to take that extra effort for their fans. :)

Also: ZOMFG ASR HAS JACKY AND AKIRA IT MUST BE TRUE!!!!!11!!eon!eon!

Someone had to do it. But Shemnue 3 is sounding a bit more realistic after an interview from Sega at Famitsu back in January... Sega is mostly worried about sales now though. D:

Also if I remember right Sega announced a new action game but my memory is kind of foggy. So if Sega has something new in store I might be game. We just need to see what Sega has been up to at E3.

But is it me or Sega is being more secretive? I mean with the whole Sonic Colors and new game deal. You know what I mean? I don't know what to expect other than Colors and possibly other titles mentioned here.

Edited by Malice Misery

With Sonic Colors just being announced and Sonic 4 on the way, they definitely aren't going to present a new Sonic game. So might as well drop any thoughts on a Sonic Adventure 3 or whatever.

Jet Set Radio 3...don't get my hopes up (again).

Sega said they make Shenmue III if one of the big boys funded it, which I don't see happening. Shenmue II didn't do anything for the original Xbox, so I doubt Microsoft would want to fund it. Sony's just began to make a profit off the PS3, and I don't think funding a risky project is what they want to do now. And there's no way Nintendo would do it. So...yeah.

VF5: The Final Showdown and a Yakuza 4 localization sound like things they'd save for TGS (or later).

I expect Sega to give details on their plans for downloadable games. They said they'd make original games like Sonic 4 and look into giving their old games a home there, but didn't give any further information than that. We got 2 titles through leaks, but there's certainly more than that.

And, of course, there are potential Move/Wave titles. Perhaps even 3DS.

Count me in as excited.

Speaking of which:

Hope everyone had a good holiday weekend. Big GTTV this week -- just saw the Vanquish gameplay trailer, I think you guys will love it!

Vanquish, Valkyria Chronicles and all things Sonic are what I’ll be looking for out of Sega come E3. Seeing each in motion would be glorious (save for Val for whom I would settle for an announcement).

But is it me or Sega is being more secretive? I mean with the whole Sonic Colors and new game deal. You know what I mean? I don't know what to expect other than Colors and possibly other titles mentioned here.

Sega manages to keep 1 game from being leaked, and now anything is possible. If they could shore up the flood gates and keep Colors from leaking, then my guess is that the company will have one or two more surprises in store for us.

Edited by Gallia

New HotD or a home port of HotD 4 are top of my (realistically thinking) wishlist. A sequel to Overkill anyone?

Maybe even a new SEGA Super/All-Stars game (preferably not for Wave/Move)?

Weird that there's no Valkyria Chronicles 2. I don't think that would be consider a "surprise" since its already been confirmed for a Western release.

I'm not very enthusiastic it being on the full blown anime approach or it being on the PSP, but I'm still looking forward to it.

With E3 just over a week away, we’re pleased to announce some of the games that we’ll be showing at E3 2010! We’ve still got some surprises in store, but here are some of the games you can expect to hear about from the show floor.

They love the word "some", don't they?

• Thumbs Up 2