Awoo.

ARTWORK: Dio stabs wildly with a pencil

Diogenes

Hey guess who can't stick to one project for more than like a week and then does nothing for months (it's me).

So I posted the idea for this in that "Your Original Series" topic:

Okay, new game idea: Magnets. Or electricity, same basic thing, point is it's attracting and repelling. So you've got this guy (maybe a robot) with magnet/electric powers. One pole/charge is used for movement, the other is used for attacking, and he can swap them. For movement, without his powers he's just got a normal run and a kind of dinky jump. But there are charged/magnetized surfaces that he can either run on (opposites attract) or bounce off of (likes repel) (also this may be an attack). Attacking I haven't decided on; maybe enemies have charged/magnetic projectiles that he can block (or reflect?) using the right charge/pole, or he can pick up and throw stuff, or he has lightning bullets...

I've got most(?) of the basic abilities programmed. Normal walking and jumping is done, bouncing is pretty much complete (after quite a bit of math), wall running is functional but a bit janky, and shooting should be trivial to program. Also a character.

3YQMK.png

Sprites aren't 100% finished, I don't feel like shading and I was lazy with the colors anyway. The robot is what you actually play as, while the ghosty thing is...well it's basically a Rotom. Not sure if it's going to have any gameplay function or if it'll just be a cutscene thing.

• Thumbs Up 5

• 8 months later...

Hey I actually drew a thing. And I don't entirely hate it!

hZSNz9m.png

Also I have a tumblr and I'm going to try to do a one-art-thing-a-day thing, so if for some reason you want to see all the shitty little sketches I wouldn't bother posting here, you can go there.

I've gotta say: fantastic job! This art sort of resembles a combination of the current modern design and the 2d art we saw in the advance games. Keep up the good work!

Looking good, Dio! Pose and design look very solid, I'm definitely liking the quill style.

Maybe I'll see your work in Sonic the Comic or something of the sort someday!

Keep at it dude, you've improved wonderfully from everything I can see. :)

Hey I actually drew a thing. And I don't entirely hate it!

hZSNz9m.png

Also I have a tumblr and I'm going to try to do a one-art-thing-a-day thing, so if for some reason you want to see all the shitty little sketches I wouldn't bother posting here, you can go there.

That is really neat! I love the spikes/quills design as well!  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I've been trying to make a 3D Sonic fan game. Sort of.

Given my propensity for dropping projects and the fact that I barely know what I'm doing, I don't have a whole lot of confidence in finishing it. Which in a way is almost liberating since expecting to fail and accepting it kind of cuts down on the fear of failure that tends to poison my projects.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

syIHrRC.png

HALLO, I AM SHANTEE

But as far as non-horrifying art goes:

owqpWjd.png

She has birds growing out of her head. She ties their beaks shut with her hair to keep them quiet. I'm as confused by it as you are.

• Thumbs Up 9

Reminds me of Jez's girls, maybe because of the eyes. And I like his girls, but yours is quirkier, which makes me like her more. Am I making any sense?

Edited by Palas

• 2 months later...

Good stuff! I love the last one especially, it's pretty cool and dynamic. Well done! (Also, a totally bad-ass way of felling trees, that is.)

• 2 months later...

About time for another dump, I s'pose.

First off, winning the award for biggest waste of time ever, Super Doge World:
qlZoUqE.png
A SMW romhack that replaces Mario with a shibe doge. The after-castle cutscene text and some other text boxes are changed to shibespeak and I think I moved a few coins in one level by accident, but otherwise it's the same game...just with more doge.

Here's the ips file; use Lunar IPS to apply it to that SMW rom that you just happen to legally own.

Also, some art.

tumblr_msoq5frCuK1ru37w6o1_500.png
Call Green, done back before the designs we'd actually be voting on. I still think this design was cool even if basically no one else does.

tumblr_mtm5ljWGfB1ru37w6o1_500.png
Sketch of a cyborg space bandit character that I ended up doing a better drawing of later (vvv)

tumblr_mu3i8cFHEi1ru37w6o1_500.png
Call version E. Because Call F is boring.

tumblr_mvxk5jCZFx1ru37w6o1_500.png
A siamese catgirl. Siamese, like the twins? But also...like the cat...yeah I kinda just ran with a dumb idea, but I don't dislike it...

tumblr_mw0ga8kfO31ru37w6o1_1280.png
Abovementioned better drawing of the cyborg space bandit. I'm surprised it came out so well considering how shit I usually am at 1. machines and 2. hands. Now if only I could come up with footwear I was satisfied with...

• Thumbs Up 5

• 1 month later...

Back to trying to make a game.

(sorry about the quality I have no idea how to make a decent recording)

Even if I keep starting over, it feels like I get a little further each time. I've got slope physics, rolling, spindashing, parkour, wall jumps, homing attacking, springs, loops, flipping to the other side of a platform (like some of the vines in Mushroom Hill)...there's still a loooong way to go though...

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...

So I said I'd draw a Zelda thing for a thread on GameFAQs.
9SR1IFf.png

• Thumbs Up 5

• 4 weeks later...

That looks awesome, haha. What type of drawing tablet are you using.

Oh, whoops, didn't see this. It's an Intuos Pro, medium size. I don't have much experience with tablets, but it feels really nice.

Anyway, I drew a Sonk, in celebration of Sonk:

tumblr_nqfiprUIR21ru37w6o1_1280.gif

And an anime double-vampire:

tumblr_nqj8wzOdbY1ru37w6o1_1280.png

(this one wasn't supposed to be lazy on purpose like the Sonk but I got lazy anyway)

• Thumbs Up 8

• 1 month later...

tumblr_nsul2rCe2b1ru37w6o1_1280.png

Redesigning a character I think I posted before but got ate by the board fart.

8ZF44Tl.png

Also those sonks I posted in the statuses earlier today,

• Thumbs Up 7

• 2 weeks later...

More original character do not steal, more Akane, more Sonk. If I had drawn a squid kid before I ran out of steam it would be basically everything I am into atm.

tumblr_ntimp9YY8i1ru37w6o1_1280.png

• Thumbs Up 7

• 2 weeks later...

I am a faucet, producing an endless stream of Jitsu Wa girls

tumblr_nuaj10PGYx1ru37w6o1_540.gif

Karen Shirogane: Worst Demon, Best Angel

I got kinda lazy because I had to draw a hand this time.

• Thumbs Up 4

Anime skeleton promises not to eat your children. Unless, like, they're already dead when she finds them.

tumblr_nuhuyz32Kn1ru37w6o1_500.png

• Thumbs Up 5