Awoo.

Level Theme Wishlist

Badnik Zero

So speculation about a new game is always fun for me. So far it looks like we're gonna have a lot of amusement park themes. Eggmanland part II?

Giant space hamburgers, jello trampolines, donut backdrops, and I think I spotted some ice cream towers in one shot. The Earth is also pretty scenic in each background. The other level is less themed, but it looks like a botanical garden inside the park, with a bunch of neon spinning discs. Maybe they're pinwheels.

I'd like a roller-coaster in a level, but not the on rails deal (lol, all roller-coasters are on rails) we had in Twinkle Park. Sonic should be on the tracks! He's faster than any train of cars. Or how about a roller-coaster boss where Sonic grinds on the tracks. There was a dueling coaster I saw at Universal Studios where two coasters were on separate tracks, and they'd twist together and get really close before spinning away. They'd also race to the finish, which sounds like Sonic's kind of thing. Imagine a Robotnik styled roller-coaster ridden by the fat man himself. You could sabotage him with rail switches and he'd throw stuff at you as he passed.

So are there any space/park/colors themes you want to see in this game? Sonic Team probably already has their levels planned, but we can still discuss it.

Trust me, been thinking about this. As I've said elsewhere if I have any huge request, make a surrealistic haunted level, preferably with an emphasis on mystery and exploration than an on-rails run style. The Sonic haunted stages have actually done well on this mostly; Sandopolis second act emphasized on "puzzles" and wits, Pumpkin Hill focused on exploration, Mystic Mansion also had some puzzle solving elements. If they can have a haunted stage that emphasizes on exploration and this style of puzzle solving while also working to be surrealistic and creepy, it could be awesome.

I for some reason really want to see a "Ruin" stage in the game, preferably in the likes of Lost world or the Phantasy Star Online Ruins stage (both made by Sonic Team anyways). I can see such a stage with surrealistic twists being gorgeous and an interesting more colorful take that could be quite interesting. Oh, and an ice level! If they keep up this wonderful surrealism what they could manage with that could be amazing.

Hm... I find it hard to imagine a "ruins" stage on a space station recently created by Eggman... maybe a pyramid/Egyptian-themed level with a slight haunted theme (see: Sandopolis Act 2 and Pyramid Cave), but nothing really broken down. At the very least, I'd expect to see Eggman's face on sphinxes and pillars everywhere.

I'd love to see an underwater level like Earthworm Jim's Down the Tubes, more like an aquarium than a traditional underwater level. A level set at a very high altitude might be fun, too: we've already seen it plenty of times in the classics and the Rush games, but it'd be a fairly new experience on a modern console.

I'd love to see a water park level. I mean, it is a carnival/amusement park. Or perhaps a music themed level, like Music Plant in Sonic Advance 2. (I absolutely loved that level.) In general, I just really want to see some creative, never-before-seen level themes.

Or how about a roller-coaster boss where Sonic grinds on the tracks. There was a dueling coaster I saw at Universal Studios where two coasters were on separate tracks, and they'd twist together and get really close before spinning away. They'd also race to the finish, which sounds like Sonic's kind of thing. Imagine a Robotnik styled roller-coaster ridden by the fat man himself. You could sabotage him with rail switches and he'd throw stuff at you as he passed.

Please excuse me while I go change my pants... I think I just joygasmed over the concept of such an awesome-sounding boss.

How about a WHOLE LEVEL dedicated to grinding and riding rollercoaster tracks a bit like Rail Canyon or Bullet Station only without the horrible grinding mechanics. You could switch rails, twist through loops and corkscrews and race and defeat other enemy coaster cars. If they wanted, they could add variety by having different coaster routes with differing themes: red could be faster and more dangerous; blue could be more scenic and involve more platforming parts and yellow could feature more enemies and items, or something. They each meet and cross at various points so you can stick to one or mix them up.

If anyone's ever played Rollercoaster Tycoon and knows about Three Monkeys Park key rollercoasters, then I'm talking about that on steroids basically.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, it sounds like they have a food level and a tropical level... I'd love to see a space city and space theme park (BESIDES the obvious Eggmanland level). Maybe even a factory level that takes place under this new Eggmanland? Or perhaps a water-works level, like Aquatic Capital but, y'know, done so it can play like a real Sonic level? Or, howsabout a toy-based level? :D

I dunno, there's so many creative ideas they could take advantage of!

Edited by EXshad

Here's echoing cries for a water park. Now as much as I really want to see more water stages in Sonic games (especially in 3D, poor Aquatic Mine must be lonely), they could actually get away with making a water park stage with just fancy displays. You know, some slides, some fountains and maybe rapids. Sounds cool. But is everywhere going to be like a theme park? The teaser shows somewhere that just looks like a traditional Sonic locale in space. They really must throw in a fire stage if so. It'd be nice to get a non-realistic one again.

Considering the theme-park... uh, theme, I'd like to see a level based on old and current SEGA properties.

Phantasy Star, Skies of Arcadia, Valkyria Chronicles, Crazy Taxi, Outrun, Panzer Dragoon, Nights, Streets of Rage and/or Yakuza, Chu Chu Rocket, Samba De Amigo, Super Monkey Ball, Billy Hatcher, Alex Kidd, etc, etc.

Perhaps speeding through Pioneer II from Tyrell's office to the streets without the aid of a teleporter, going through the teleporter to De Rol Le's tunnel, which leads to a number of Super Monkey Ball levels (one for each 'theme'). After these, you leap from SoA airship to airship and island to island (naturally with scenes of running through the Valuan gate and using Crescent Isle as a launcher), eventually landing on one of the Panzer Dragoon dragons and flying to VC's Bruhl where you race through the streets to the top of the windmill and so on.

Well, I'd like it.

• Thumbs Up 2

So then, let's see what we have already:

Tropical Resort: It's Las Vegas Hill Zone, in space. Nifty.

Sweet Mountain: Sonic can haz cheeseburger, prepared by Chef Pawns.

And unconfirmed:

The teaser zone: At any rate it looks very sexy. What's with those trees?

"Robot Head Planet" Zone: Teased in the NP article. Lots of people are guessing Metal Sonic will play a part here.

Computer-like Mad Matrix-esque level is the only thing I have been yearning for in another Sonic game for so long.

Digits, matrixes and neon with high speed velocity everywhere.

I'll jump on the bandwagon for the water park zone. Lot's of crazy Hydrocity-esque fun could be found there. I don't think anyone would object to this, as Hydrocity was always one of the more popular old Sonic zones.

I agree with Columind about the return of the rainbow digital zone. I'm not crossing my fingers for it, but I really liked the design of them, and I believe more could be done with them. Plus... just look at them... they're multicoloured. How can you not have a zone like that in a game about colours?

Hmm... what else would I like to see... hmm hmm hmm...

OH! I know!

An ice zone.

An original ice zone.

Most recent ice stages in Sonic games have been either snowy mountains or snowy fields, and I feel Colours could provide a very unique snow world. Not sure what it would look like though... maybe a city in the winter? A frozen forest? A frozen... desert?

Meh, probably not. But it'd be nice to have something else for a cold level this time.

In turn, I think I'll jump on the bandwagon for the computer-based level. That'd be awesome to see make a comeback. Also, how about a haunted-house themed level? I mean, Sonic Rivals 2 is the only other Sonic game out there that I can think of with a haunted house zone. Or howabout a Western level? Like... Radical Rodeo Zone? Sure, the name is pretty stupid, but you get the idea :D

Oh, I know a level I'd like to see? How about a fucking SPECIAL STAGE?!?!? Wouldn't that be something....;)

Edited by EXshad

In turn, I think I'll jump on the bandwagon for the computer-based level. That'd be awesome to see make a comeback. Also, how about a haunted-house themed level? I mean, Sonic Rivals 2 is the only other Sonic game out there that I can think of with a haunted house zone. Or howabout a Western level? Like... Radical Rodeo Zone? Sure, the name is pretty stupid, but you get the idea :D

Oh, I know a level I'd like to see? How about a fucking SPECIAL STAGE?!?!? Wouldn't that be something....;)

Sonic Heroes had a Haunted house type level first Hang Castle and Mystic Mansion, Rivals 2 wasn't the first time one had levels like that also I wouldn't mind seeing Special stages similar to Sonic Heroes special stages but I really doubt it will happen

Hmm. We've not seen them since Heroes, and only Heroes actually, in the 3D games. I'd love for Colours to have a spin on them.

Very late edit: Yeah, I meant Colours, not Chronicles.

Edited by Blue Blood

Nonsense. Anything with "Rodeo" in the title makes it awesome.

Yeah, even though there's no chance in hell it'll show up, I wouldn't mind another western zone. But it must be set at sunset. And Robotnik must wear a cowboy hat in the boss battle.

Sonic's had a few haunted levels actually - the ones that come to mind are Heroes' Hang Castle/Mystic Mansion, ShtH's Cryptic Castle, and SRA's Haunted Ship. There's also the occasional tidbits, such as Sandopolis Act 2 and most of the Knuckles stages in SA2.

Having said that, a new haunted zone would be great for me. I don't think it should be a castle/mansion though.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

Long time no see everyone xD I know everyone will react like "Do I even know you?" but whatever...I have hope for Sonic Colors...having an amusment park brings a lot of possibilities! My wishlist would be:

-Water Park. Nuff said

-A roller coaster stage would be awesome like someone mentioned above.

-I know we saw one in SatSR but a dinosaur-themed attraction would be nice :P ....Im out of ideas =w=U