Awoo.

Intended Venue For Summer of Sonic 2010 Revealed

Dreadknux

The inside looks really nice, the outside... I'm sure will look nicer. Really good find there, nice one.

Right, time to find a close cheap hotel/hostle.

Edited by BlueFox

I know nothing!

Hee hee, so it will be the Pavilion after all. But.... one thing the photos don't show, is that it has what looks like a rather large reggae reggae bar next door!

Looks nice, great location too. Gonna get a B&B as close as possible.

Plenty of room for street partying? ;)

The photos don't really do the outside much justice, it looks a lot nicer (at least the pics I didn't see certainly looked nice) than the ones on the site.

Also if anyone fancies shacking up at the Kings cross royal scott travelodge... I'll join you for breakfast!

Venue sounds awesome =D just hope I can make it this year, wanted to go last year but mised out due to exams so hopefully I can go this year without anything holding me back this year =D will have to save up some money after SMG2 is out for train tix and a place to stay over the night (has to be very cheap hotel 3 Star place yesh I'm cheap XD) =)

Looks nice, great location too. Gonna get a B&B as close as possible.

Plenty of room for street partying? ;)

More than on Brick Lane, I'll tell you that much. It is, however, beside a busier main road than Truman was.

Awesome news! Looking forward to getting a hotel booked so I can make a weekend of it. Nearest one I've found so far is £116 for two nights :(

I've had a little practise using the tube when I met Helenbaby and a few other Sonic fans near St Paul's! If this is intended as an annual venue then so much the better! Nice one Svend and organiser people! x

The venue is not too far from where I'll be staying, so it works out great for me.

Gnasher, I would of gladly offered to join you for breakfast, but you'll be a bit far from me since I'll be near the South Kensington area.

Hmm, interesting, bit more out of the way of Central London than the last two years. Well, okay, it's Zone 2 versus Zone 1, but eh. Still not a problem for me travel-wise- still only about a 40-minute trip, not including walking/bus to and from stations. :)

my opinion is this venue looks better than last years and i hope SOS2010 will be awsome(wich its going to be).

Finally, the venue is revealed! Typical that it has to be announced whilst I'm away for the weekend, but whatever :P

The venue looks quite nice, obviously it's hard to judge it until you're actually there and it's all decorated with Sonic stuff, but looks promising nevertheless!

Currently working out train routes for the day, doesn't look too difficult to reach. Fingers crossed all goes to plan.

Loving the look of the venue :D looks to be the best place yet, very spacious. Location is pretty handy to Shepherds Bush, easy enough to access by Underground. My friend and I were looking for a Wagamama restaurant to go to after the convention and it turns out there's one in Westfield Shopping Centre just across the road, so it suits us well!

Can't wait for the event, just 2 months to go!

I've known where this place is for a while given I kinda gatecrashed the staff meet... :lol:

When I found out where this place was, I was seriously hoping that it'd be the chosen location. It's large but not too large, there's plenty of facilities and it has good connection links to the rest of London too. The six major BR terminals of Paddington, King's Cross, Euston, Waterloo, Liverpool Street and Victoria are all very easy to commute to and from... Additonally I'm most certainly not going to complain that it's a stone's throw from the terminus I use!

If you're staying nearby and want to make a weekend trip out of your time in London, you are on the right side for Kew Gardens, Thorpe Park, Legoland and Windsor Castle amongst many other things. Don't just stick in one place - Get out there and see what London's got to offer you!

The venue really is very nice, guys. I think you're all going to like it ♥ London's always a bugger for me to get to (Coach, train, tube @_@) but the venue is actually really easy to find. I do suggest you don't leave it too long to book hotels and stuff; we will be helping with suggestions and stuff but if you can do it sooner then even better.

Found a nice hotel round the corner, but my other half is adamant that it's too pricey at £44; but I might just secretly book it anyway, haha. The Victoria Station area looks cheap though, and not too far away.

There's only one question that remains for me - any idea what time the event will be starting?

I imagine it will be officially announced nearer the time, but seeing as I'm working out train routes now it would be useful to try and get an idea of what times to aim for as well. Don't want to be turning up too late! ;)

Yeah, we've not officially announced any times, so don't take my word as gospel quite yet - but I highly doubt the opening and closing will be magnificently different from past years (from around 10-11am til about 5-6pm). Various factors towards the end of the evening (which I can't reveal yet!!!) might make this year's event run a little bit later than usual, but again we haven't quite decided schedules and times yet so.

I'd say aim for around the same time as previous years - arrive in London earlier than 10am, leave later than 6/7pm.

If they are going to use this venue for 2011 I know I'll start looking for a nice cheap place to bunk for the event. Just can't afford it this year unfortunately. At least I'll be there for the 20th anniversary.

Edited by The Illustrious Q

Venue looks great, but I'm currently deciding where to book the hotel for...near/in Shepherd's Bush or a cheaper place elsewhere?

I'm wondering what people are doing for hotels. Will people be going for a hostel and saving money, or going it alone? I'll be staying for the post-SoS party, so need to book a hotel ASAP!!

I'm wondering what people are doing for hotels. Will people be going for a hostel and saving money, or going it alone? I'll be staying for the post-SoS party, so need to book a hotel ASAP!!

I'm shacked up at the Kings Cross Royal Scott. It's quite a good price and it's pretty good for the money that you pay too. Just go easy on the extras like dinners. And the breakfasts are quite bad... but they do the job.

If people are still looking for places to stay, head over to the Summer of Sonic blog to see our recommendations for nice, affordable beds during your visit to London!

Summer of Sonic blog

T