Awoo.

If I had all the money in the world?

Urtheart

Everyone has ludicrous ideas about what they would want to do if they had so much money they had no idea how to use it. So what would you do?

Now those who know me, also know of my pirate heritage and know I am currently working on repairing my pirate ship, The Heartless! (and anyone who says it is called something else shall be hung, drawn and made to walk the plank dressed as a ballerina Weegi! Yes I am looking at you T-bird with that pink paint in your hand)

Sadly these repairs go slow... as in non existant in real life... like the ship...

So I'd be making my ship The Heartless, full galleons, but powered using the finiest in sails and electrical engines, guns aplenty including Uranium Filled Cannon Ball Launchers, Ryno 5s, Redemmers and just to top it off, Flak Cannons!

But more importantly I'd actually get round to doing something T suggested, a group holiday with mates. How does a Carribian tour on The Heartless sound?

Yep if I had the money I'd do it.

Anyone fancy donating £96,458,945.35 for the development of an experimental Galleon?

If I had that sort of money I'd build a rival ship and show you that Somerset pirates reign supreme over Cornish ones anyday. :lol:

Honestly... What would I do? I'd give most of it away. Charity, friends, family, and so on. So long as I knew I had enough to live comfortably for the forseeable future, it'd bring me far more happiness to change others lives for the better and make people smile than to have all the material possessions I could buy. Seeing people happy is worth so much more to me than money in the bank.

Edited by Nemain

I would share it, seeing as the vast majority of people in the world have nothing, buy my parents thier house, buy my sisters houses each, give some to my ex brother-in-law, then buy myself a house and a PC lol. I'd also give some to Pooshoes so he can spend his life making maps and doing little else =3

You guys are faaar too nice, endulge yourself a little.

I got meself a ship already, but I would also probably set up my own gaming studio. That way I also create jobs for others.

Heartless part comes later when I am their boss!

The hell am I going to do with it? I guess I could build a pirate ship like you are, but after that I'd still have trillions left. Might as well do as Bill Gates does and use most of it for humanitarian efforts. I mean, I'll never spend it all.

If I had ALL The money in the world... I'd probably fund intensive research into seriously curing cancer. My mother got lung cancer, and while she's recovering really well, the experience really makes me think that, if enough money can be gathered, more research should be done on halting its progression, in its many forms.

...THEN I'd probably by myself some guitars >=3 Probably a couple Ibanez JEMs, maybe a silver Les Paul I had my eye on, and a couple others I've really wanted. Maybe some guitar gear too. Then I'd buy... pretty much every game that's ever been on my to-do list.

Then I'd finish paying off the extra costs of college, and shove a couple 100 thousand dollars or so into the bank (hey, you dunno what'll happen). I'd also go on a trip to a tropical resort with a bunch of friends, on a 1st class flight of course, and maybe buy a home there! Finally, I'd give about a middle-class person's annual paycheck to each friend and family of mine :D

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 1

My own private airfield, hangar, and a custom-built bi-plane that looks like the Tornado. Naturally. That's been my dream for a long time now.

Of course, first of all I'd like to help my mum be able to retire comfortably, maybe help my brother kick-start his life financially, and of course buy a really nice place for my fiancée and myself to live in.

And then a large percentage of my money would go to charity, etc etc.

But seriously? Airfield, hangar, bi-plane. Get in there, boi! ♥

If I had all the money in the world, then I'd buy the world, improve upon it as much as is humanly possible, and then sell it off piece by piece for extortionate prices and make a neat profit.

I would then invest all of my resources in getting SEGA back into the console business, and getting NASA to Mars; the sooner we arrive, the sooner I can live there!

Then again, I could always buy Mars...

If I had all the moneys in the world, (as well as all the owed money converted in to REAL money), I'd build....

Imperium.png

With this baby, I'd TAKE OVER EARTH! I would then use the THOUSANDS of lasers to destroy al Qaeda. That is, if they didn't completely freak out at the sight of my just-bigger than the Death Star uber-star destroyer. After that, well, after I make huge amounts of money renting spare rooms in this humongous thing, I'll probably give most of the cash away, pay off the US' and Japan's debts, and then use the rest to live the high life. (And bribe Pelosi out of office, lol!) Oh yeah! And hold parties in the hangar. You can't have a personal super-dreadnought without parties.

Edited by Axl

Lets see, buy the long laundry list of games I've wanted for the longest time, buy Windows 7 for this ancient computer, move all my shit to a private island, buy a ship to travel between the mainland (cuz I don't trust planes!), travel the world, buy the Sonic Stadium, THEN GIVE IT BACK, buy off the rights to Sonic and declare the franchise over, take screen pics of various comments around the internet (all done by my personal bodyguards of course) then give it back for no charge and proceed to take screen caps of all the reactions of THAT, and ultimately become the greatest troll of the internet evar!

Edited by Black Spy

First, I'd go on a mega shopping spree, including sprees in other countries on my own private aircraft.

Then I'd buy my parents and immediate family (Except my birth father because he's a deadbeat who disowned me for no reason) grand houses, give a hefty amount to my sisters and Moonlight Silence, get myself a gigantic house with swimming pools, entertainment rooms, a cinema, therapy suites, lavish gardens and a butterfly house (And world-class botanists and gardeners to advise and help maintain it) and such. Then i'd donate a hefty amount of money to various cat sanctuaries, the Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Foundation and Mindfreedom as well as many other charities and organizations/hospitals who names escape me right now.

Edited by Verte

To assemble a special-force 5 unit, by using the money, I'll build the headquarters as the world's first floating buiilding and the Special-Force 5 will consist of me and four people of whom I choose to serve justice to the world with our high tech suits that were built for us :)

Oh and create the coolest, biggest lego diorama ;D

A guy can dream :P

Now... While, I wouldn't really want that much money. I can't help but wonder what would I do if I had that much... So what would a guy like me do with all the money in the world...? ...Hmm?

sharks_with_frickin_laser_beams_attached_postcard-p239174773458964175trdg_400.jpg

No. No, the world isn't ready for this... Not yet. <_<

So instead, here's what I would do... First, I'll set 30% of it to be distributed to the needy and to the those of middle class who are currently struggling. Personal note, a small bonus will be distributed to my family and closet friends. Especially my parents since they did their damn-est to provide for me to go to U.F. even though it contributed to the beating on their wallets.

Now, unto the 70%... I'll use some of it to help start my own video game company. (This will help as "ass insurance", just in case something really stupid happens. Plus, it's my long time dream. :)) The company will focus on hardware and software, and we'll focus on systems that provide new, almost futuristic experiences; but aren't so ahead of there time that they alienates traditional gamers. (Yes... Yes... Professor Layton and Pheonix Wright would like a world with me on "how the hell will I pull that off...".)

With what is left...

Imagineer.jpg

I'd have this puppy built. This is an early picture I made of my "airship", The Imagineer. If would have the blue prints made, the errors checked, and have this her built! (And hangar will be constructed before hand of course.) This will be my home away from the world! Complete with everything you'd expect from a luxury jumbo jet and then some.

Not even with this, there would be some money left over... duh. So I will use some of the remainder to help me in college, establish a charity of my own and... well there would still be money left over! And if business stays booming, more will come in. So I'll guess I'll keep the rest and do whatever with it... give more support, buy stuff... Oh! I know...!

1186753-iron_man_hit_middle.jpg

My also have my own version of the Iron Man Suit.(Which will be made from some of the money I have and some I gain from the company.)

Yeah, I know that would be spoiling myself, but what else could you do if you really did have all the money in the world? Yes, I could give it all away, but I doubt I actually would give it all away if I ever had that opportunity. So rationalizing it seems like the best option for me. :blink:

Edited by YoshiUnity: Larry Butz

I would help you build your ship ;) Having my own boat, or even airship if I had serious amounts of crazy money would be the most fantastic thing in the world!

On a more serious level though, if I had unlimited money, I would probably buy my own island somewhere. I love the idea of owning a little island, living in peace and quiet, shaping it into a tourist attraction if I wanted to.

I am actually desperately trying to save money up right now. I've been married six years, yet we don't own our own house and are basically useless when it comes to saving. We're being really strict with our budget this year and hoping to save up 7k by next year (With help from student loans!). My dream is to finally own a house, instead of renting, which may be difficult with our new Tory overlords.. We shall see. Getting a mortgage is a pain when you need a 5-7k deposit >_>

If I had all the money in the world the world would be pretty fucked up, I mean suddenly only one person on the planet has money? That's going to cause some problems.

Here all you people would be making your planes while not a single person has a penny to their name! Selfish bastards!

Mollfie's got the idea. I'd buy my mom a house, maybe a house boat because she's always talking about that. Spend my free time not worrying about shit, and getting better at things I like to do. Set up a couple charities in places where people need things and donate a bunch of money. And lastly, invest in some projects I believe in so the money doesn't run out. Hmm, a little more self-indulgent than that? I guess if I was that loaded I could fulfill my sick fantasy of having one hundred children. Get those genes out there. I'd also purchase a small island that I could run away to when I didn't want to see people. Learn to live on nothing there.

Oh also, given the ridiculous amount of time I spend on a Sonic forum, buying Sega (Dreamcast 2) and directing a game myself would not be out of the question.

Edited by Dabnikz

If I had all the money in the world I couldn't keep it all. It would leave me with a very empty feeling, knowing everyone would likely only want me for my money, no thrill or reward in completing things. To have everything would mean to have no reward.

Sure I'd indulge myself in some goodies, I'd set up a studio of my dreams to produce stuff and keep a lot of money over to pay people, get by, have some nice things, but ultimately I would give almost all of it away. Take a little to get myself in a good spot to live out some dreams, maybe design something like a building for a studio completely set-up and funds for producing things and running for a while, a nice home (I don't want a mansion or anything just a nice enough home) and also give some to people I care about and people who need it, but I honestly would just give the rest of it away. It's too much for one person, and I want some challenge in my life. Just getting it all on my lap one day wouldn't be satisfying and to be honest I wouldn't know what to do with it all. A dollar earned in my eyes weighs more than a dollar just handed to you.

Then again I got the weird dream to start off as an unknown and work my way based on the quality of things produced to get more known, I don't care to be famous so much as I hope to produce quality works recognized for their quality.

Edited by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper

Theres a problem with that situation you have there...If you have all the money in the world, how can you spend it if the other people don't use it? It would cause another type of currency, rendering all of your money useless.

Now, to be truthful, If I had most of the money in the world, I would invest in creating a planet to host anthropomorphic animals and a time machine, Then, I will look for a Batgirl and marry her by going forward in time.

Thats it, thats all, no ships, no slander, no magical twinkle dust. Heck, not even bullshit. Just what I said above is all I want.

Edited by Squirtle
  • Thumbs Up 1

GO TO CANADA AS MANY TIMES AS I WANT. That's the first thing on my list.

Besides that, there are so many answers to that question... Ensure your future, furnish your life, travel, and assist research and/or society along the way. There's not many people who will answer much differently.

I would rebuild Hadrian's wall, but a few miles north of Nottingham. Everything north of this wall would then be turned into Europe's largest nuclear weapons testing ground, designed to test the effect of high yield weapons on large population densities.

I'd probably just waste the rest.

• Bad Quality Post 3

I'd buy a nice house somewhere with Glenn, buy everything I could ever want (and some things I wouldn't, just because!), and put aside to make sure neither of us would ever have to work again and could live relatively well-off lives for the rest of our days. Probably keep aside a few million just in case. That said, I'd probably work a short part-time one-day-a-week shift anyway, because everything just tends to blur together if you have no prior commitments other than leisure time whatsoever. Even five hours a day, one day a week would be okay.

The rest? Give decent amounts to family and friends, then give the rest back to wherever. Probably more fairly distributed than it was originally.

Edited by Mahzes
  • Thumbs Up 1

Actually, if I won the lottery, despite the obvious stuff where I would buy a house and treat family/friends, I always liked the idea of using the money to set up a new games company and hire people that are desperate to enter the games industry in order to make some games and get them published.

I would move someplace warm, buy a cottage right on the beach and go surfing all day. Honestly, I have no idea how I would spend the rest of my money. I would like to help all the poor and invalid people by donating them money and hopefully make their life become easier that way. <3

I'd give all the money (bar a sum for myself to use) back to everyone, so that I didn't screw up world economics more than I already would've :P