Awoo.

E3 Interview + Footage

SykoTech

You mean when running down a hill? Which is completely situational?

I mean when Sonic is moving through the air and you let go of the control stick/d-pad. He then drops straight down like a brick in this game, no matter how fast you are moving.

Yeah, it might as well, if your a boring person. =3

I LOVE loops, but when they are broken and glitchy, what's the point?

I mean when Sonic is moving through the air and you let go of the control stick/d-pad. He then drops straight down like a brick in this game, no matter how fast you are moving.

You still won't go through them any faster, and doing it still doesn't benefit the player in any way possible.

I LOVE loops, but when they are broken and glitchy, what's the point?

A, they aren't broken

B, they aren't glitchy

C, they aren't broken or glitchy

D, they aren't broken and glitchy

E, they aren't broken nor are they glitchy,

F, they are not broken. They also are not glitchy

G, they aren't glitchy or broken

H, the above features are not present in your loops

I, the normal loops aren't broken or glitchy, therefore they work normally, which means they aren't broken or glitchy.

J, 404 Error, could not find broken or glitchy loops

yhctilg ro nekorb t'nera yeht ,K

• Thumbs Up 1

It doesn't matter if it benefits the player or not. It still shouldn't happen. Not even Sonic Advance or its sequels had this problem. It's about as dumb as Sonic walking up walls.

lololp.gif

loopdumb.gif

Sonic 4 isn't broken?

It's mind boggling how they can get the level design so perfect, but then completely screw up the physics. All while having the Sonic Advance physics sitting right under their noses.

It doesn't matter if it benefits the player or not. It still shouldn't happen. Not even Sonic Advance or its sequels had this problem. It's about as dumb as Sonic walking up walls.

No it shouldn't, but it isn't going to affect the gameplay in any way.

Sonic 4 isn't broken?

It's mind boggling how they can get the level design so perfect, but then completely screw up the physics. All while having the Sonic Advance physics sitting right under their noses.

So now Sonic 4 is broken because of a seemingly different trigger point on loops and a minor error in physics in a specific scenario.

(Walkingsonic.gifpic)

(anothergifpic)

Sonic 4 isn't broken?

Okay keep in mind that this is just a E3 demo for now for people who played it at E3, SEGA said that they are continuing improving the game physics so just bear in mind that this may not even happen in the final build of the game when it's release so why nitpick at something what may not even happen in the final build they have loads of time to iron out certain bugs like that walking randomly on the spot on the hill but the loop well I don't think it will be sorted out since people will be too busy going around the loop instead of looking to break between the loop which won't make much difference when speed running the act.

Edited by Crash The Tomb Raider

Yes and because of many more major issues. Like Sonic slowing down when he rolls down a wall, getting stuck in springs, lack of in-air inertia, overpowered spin-dash, etc. All these things change the way the game is played.

At the moment, this game's physics seem less like a Sonic game,

Edited by Dr. SEGA Monkey

Like Sonic slowing down when he rolls down a wall,

Never seen it.

overpowered spin-dash,

Didn't see it either.

getting stuck in springs,

There was another Sonic game that had that. It was called Sonic 1. And those were SOLID on the sides.

It's basically using the homing attack to produce the same effect, like it even matters, unless your a spaz.

And that's a MAJOR problem? Don't make me laugh.

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

You obviously haven't seen enough videos then. But it doesn't matter. My original point on the previous page was that the loops shouldn't work like that. Sonic should go ALL THE WAY AROUND THE LOOP, not fall through the freakin' floor. He should fall down walls, not walk in place on them.

The physics are just plain horrible, and I'm just shocked that nobody here seems to care that the physics to SONIC 4 are poorly programmed and not at all like the Genesis games. They can't even get the loops right!

It's like Sonic 06, but in 2D.

Edited by Dr. SEGA Monkey
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

You obviously haven't seen enough videos then. But it doesn't matter. My original point on the previous page was that the loops shouldn't work like that. Sonic should go ALL THE WAY AROUND THE LOOP, not fall through the freakin' floor. He should fall down walls, not walk in place on them.

The physics are just plain horrible, and I'm just shocked that nobody here seems to care that the physics to SONIC 4 are poorly programmed and not at all like the Genesis games. They can't even get the loops right!

Blowing things out of proportion.

The slope has been designed that way so Sonic isn't flinged off of them when travelling at speed. It is essentially a point where Sonic "sticks" to the curviture of the slope so that he doesn't...get flung off. It was in the classics, its just that there weren't many of those wierd 90 degree slopes.

You don't know how easy it is to fall through a loop. All you have to do is jump at the right time, and be extremely lucky. I've done it in Mushroom Hill Zone. I tried to avoid a badnik and jumped, [un]luckly at the exact right point to fall through the loop.

It happened in that video, but that doesn't mean it happens all the time.

You obviously haven't seen enough videos then.

I HAVE watched the videos and see few problems with the physics. They could use some touching up, but even now it looks fairly decent, only a few issues that I feel should be addressed, but nothing that I consider a game changing problem aside from the air inertia.

And considering it's an E3 build (read: not finished) and Sega's promises to touch up the physics, I expect a good amount of changes from now till near release, especially if the devs have been taking note of peoples response at E3.

My original point on the previous page was that the loops shouldn't work like that. Sonic should go ALL THE WAY AROUND THE LOOP

And he does.

The real issue:

molehill1.jpg

The issue to you:

mount-everest.jpg

Show people

and ask them if Sonic 4's physics are worse.

I GUARANTEE you that 100/100 people will say NO.

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I honestly don't think it's going to bother too many people if the physics for Sonic 4 aren't completely like the classic games. Just look at the previews from all the major sites. They all keep saying it plays great and feels like classic Sonic. NSMBW doesn't feel exactly like classic Mario and it's still fun. While STH4 may have it's minor problems I think comparing in to S06 is complete hyperbole.

Sonic should go ALL THE WAY AROUND THE LOOP
And 99.99% of the time, he does. Is S3&K an abomination because I've occasionally been thrown out of them instead of making the full loop?

not fall through the freakin' floor.
You keep saying "fall through the floor" as if it's some horrible abomination of collision detection that he does. But, y'know, he's supposed to be able to go through that. Not quite in that way, yes, but it's not broken nearly as badly as you seem to think.

and I'm just shocked that nobody here seems to care that the physics to SONIC 4 are poorly programmed
Well, frankly, I never asked for Sonic 4 in the first place. And I couldn't give two shits about the sanctity of the Genesis lineage or any such shit. This is just another Sonic game to me.

and not at all like the Genesis games.
They are very much like the Genesis games. Not exactly, but more than any game outside the series, and more than many of the games in the series. Your hyperbole is making you look more like a raving lunatic than a thoughtful analyst.

I HAVE watched the videos and see few problems with the physics. They could use some touching up, but even now it looks fairly decent, only a few issues that I feel should be addressed, but nothing that I consider a game changing problem aside from the air inertia.

And considering it's an E3 build (read: not finished) and Sega's promises to touch up the physics, I expect a good amount of changes from now till near release, especially if the devs have been taking note of peoples response at E3.

The E3 build behaves almost identically to the one they were going to pass off as a finished product.

Another mountain out of a molehill accusation

He randomly gets caught on nothing and seems to be jumping through molasses. That's a pretty big deal for a game like Sonic. Come to think of it, it would be a pretty big deal for most any game.

Show people

and ask them if Sonic 4's physics are worse.

I GUARANTEE you that 100/100 people will say NO.

This is an Ignoratio elenchi, It doesn't matter that they're better than those in Sonic 06.

Edited by Phos
  • Thumbs Up 1