Awoo.

Driver error?

Super Lombax

driver_error.jpg

STEL Type Zone, Blaziken and unionlombax are getting this error when they try to sign in and can't sign in (In case you're wondering, I was talking to them on the tinychat). As someone not experiencing it, I can't give much information (Other than the screenshot I was given), but I was wondering if there was anything we could do about it. Thanks in advance.

Super :lol: Lombax

Hey what the hell happened I got that what in the image above been off for like 20 minutes I could not get on anything at all :/

Edited by Crash

Hey what the hell happened I got that what in the image above been off for like 20 minutes I could not get on anything at all :/

Same here D:

What the error message said, essentially.

To explain in a little more detail: there's three main separate pieces of software that allow the forum software to run. The database stores data such as users, topics etc; the PHP parser runs the forum software and interfaces with the database; the web server takes requests from users, sends them to PHP, and sends out the result.

When you get a driver error from the forum, it means there was an error when getting data from or putting data in the database. There's all sorts of reasons for errors, but the most common is that the database server crashed or was killed while it was writing to a table (e.g. the users table). Specifically, the database was killed either when the server crashed yesterday, or when it was forcibly restarted.

Tables are locked before writing, so when the database is brought back up, it's stuck in a locked state and won't let you do anything with it until a repair command is sent. If the table isn't used in all situations, then some pages will give an error and some won't, which is what happened here.

• Thumbs Up 1

^^Thank you for the help.

I actually thought this topic hadn't been posted, as I got the error soon as I tried to post it.

I might as well learn this stuff. It's complicated, but then I'll know why it happened. Thanks. =D

Super :lol: Lombax