Awoo.

Attack of the 50ft Hedgehog!

Badnik Mechanic

So does anyone remember that old Sonic hot air balloon which appeared in Sonic books and old comics next to those pictures of Sonic with Michael Jackson?

Well. It's back. Or at least, it was back. Over in Ireland of all places. At the Trim Special Shape Balloon Fiesta 2010 which took place in April of this year (so you missed it),

r8.png

But.... big mystery... on the festivals website, the Sonic Balloon has... no pilot... maybe it's still flying around, and just randomly turns up to attack castles and attend VIP events? Or maybe they forgot to list the pilot? Well anyway. The balloon was there for all to see, you could have pretended it was there to attack the castle thats nearby.

However, they also made some special Sonic merch to mark the occasion.

sonicpin1.jpg

No thats not Sonic's genitals, thats the balloon basket.Theres one for sale on ebay right now if you fancy some new limited merch.

This video isn't from the event, but it's the same balloon if you want an idea as to what it looks like when it plucks princess' out of castle windows, and then takes them away to have it's way with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oSzXnumhCE

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badnik Mechanic

• Vertekins

• MizukiMoon

• PaddyFancy

I saw the giant hedgehog in a local paper whilst papering a film set in newspaper. I was going to keep it but then I lost it.

• 1 month later...

Ahh, it's great to see it's still around and being used! : ) Thought something happened to it yeeears ago. I look every year to see if it's going to be at the Bristol balloon fiesta, but never is ;-; I went to go see it when I was a kid, but it wasn't there. :(

ARRRRRRGGGHHHH!!! ZEEE CREATURE! IST ATTACKING BRISTOL!

So according to the news, it's the Bristol Balloon Festival this weekend, the largest Balloon festival in Europe. And guess what.... might be there!

6_thumb.jpg

Well theres said to be special shaped balloons there and Sonic is listed in their media Gallary, but I've not seen actual confirmation that he was there.

So if anyone is near this thing, you might want to go and check it out. Also, at the last time that the Sonic Balloon appeared, they were selling unique merch/toot specific for the day. So if anyone can go and the Sonic balloon is there, could you get me a pin badge? I'll pay you money for it... or chocolate.

Edited by Gnasher

That's a rather....ahem...inconveniently-placed basket there. Reminds me of this awesome little comic XD.

lol theres two Sonic pin badges that I know of, I own them both, one is the badge listed in my first post, the other is just of the balloon. In both badges the basket is in a very curious place.

But again, if anyone can go to this and see if theres any new pin badges... Oh please buy me one.

Sonic's always been such a cool dude. Never really been "hot headed". :V