Awoo.

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Shaddix Leto Croft

• 3 weeks later...

Rambi looks awesome to play with in this game seriously can't wait for this game too be release. When is DKCR being release in Europe anyway ? (probs month or two later the way Nintendo is *looks at Super Mario Galaxy 2 & Kirby Epic Yarn*)

Edited by Shaddix

Some new info from GoNintendo:

- climb grassy textured surfaces by holding B

- climb across rock surfaces that have the green grass on them

- co-op is jump-in/out, but only when on the world map

- Sunset Shores is the silhouette level we saw in the trailer

- hidden treats you can uncover by paying attention to the background

- off into the distance are staggered rock formations moving in perspective

- those rock formations converge to form a giant banana

- stop and take notice of this to earn banana coins

- banana coins are spent outside the level on extras

- you also gain coins in the same level for stopping to look at that shows off the gorgeous sunset with a foreground cavern

- Stormy Shore: leap across platforms floating in the ocean while waves go up and down

- Crazy Cart level has changed since 3D build

- now you jump with the cart, instead of jumping out of it

- cart will leap off its rails and skid along dirt paths before it finds its way back onto the track

- dynamic camera where the camera will roll in close at certain points

- Button Bash is a level filled with a huge network of barrels to blast out of, complete with buttons you have to shoot to change the level

- the end of the level has you blasting into the mouth of a gigantic monkey totem off in the distance, but only if you can time it when his mouth is open

- Damp Dungeon - navigate platforms rotating on giant water-powered mills, and raise platforms using Donkey Kong's "blowing" mechanic to power the windmill

- Temple Topple - Rambi returns, and he's fairly indestructable

- Rambi can take down walls and run through spikes

- Rambi can be hurt by fire

- jump through fire hoops with Rambi, and also collect bonus bananas, coins, KONG letters, puzzle pieces and 1-up red balloons at the same time

- overworld is a 3D island that players explore

- each segment on the island is a world with its own collection of levels

- locked paths are represented by chain and padlocks over the road

As well as some new screens from IGN.

This game just keeps looking better and better!

I really like the way this game is turning out so far.

It's interesting that the game apparently has a "3D overworld." That seems new.

After seeing Rambi, my hopes have gotten a bit higher, but I still don't think it'll be as good as the orginals. The way they changed Diddy and the lack of water levels and Kremlings are too big for me to truly love this game like I did the first three.

Plus, the graphic style looks more like Jungle Beat than Country.

Edit: that banana thing looks cool. Makes me actually kinda want to preorder.

Edited by MarcelloF

Well, if the game lacks the nightmare fuel inducing game over screens, then it's simply not a Donkey Kong Country game! I guess we'll have to wait and see!

To be honest, I really like the GRAPHICAL style of the game. Rambi is awesome, too, though it does kinda suck that there are no water levels whatsoever and you can't manually switch between Diddy and Donkey. I don't care that the graphics don't "look" like DKC, though. I honestly really like the graphical appearance.

I'll wind up getting this later on. Eventually.

Pfft. Why do we have to get this before Kirby? <_< I might get this, but I was thinking of asking for a new TV for Chirstmas

• 5 weeks later...

CRANKY KONG IN MY DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS HECK YESH!

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=20876

It looks like Funky Kong won't be appearing in Donkey Kong Country Returns. According to the latest issue of Nintendo Power, Cranky Kong is the only Kong besides Donkey and Diddy to star in the game.

screenshot_33364_thumb300.jpgCranky Kong According to the magazine, Cranky runs a shop and often makes sarcastic remarks when you buy something. He'll be joined in the shops by Squaks, another Donkey Kong Country veteran

Those who have played the original Donkey Kong Country will remember Cranky and Squawks the parrot from the original SNES platformer. Cranky provided hints and wisecracks while Squawks lit up the Torchlight Trouble level for DK and Diddy. According to legend, Cranky is actually the original Donkey Kong.

The magazine also reveals that the worlds have alternate paths which enables you to skip levels. There's also plenty of unlockables including concept art, music, and dioramas. Each world also has a "trophy level" that you must earn to play.

Each world also has one locked level that and you'll need to buy the key for it from Cranky's shop.

This is awesome =D I love Cranky Kong XD

Awesome new trailer!

This is looking fantastic! I was going to pick up Kirby but after hearing about how easy it was I passed. I'm glad now because this looks like my type of platformer! :D It has nostalgia, yet so many unique ideas that appear to give you a good challenge. I can't wait!

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow that trailer was really awesome it looks fantastic =D I really can't wait for this game now Roll on December =D

Oh Also ONM has the first review of DKCR next month which will be out on the 25 of November =D.

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn, I'm super hyped for this, <3. It's one of the few games I know has some kickass swing music in it, >3. REALLY looking forward to the soundtrack/rip.

-Blur

• Thumbs Up 1

I really like the music in the trailer. This game looks pretty good, but I'm still not getting the Donkey Kong Country feeling to it.

The hippos look like the one from Madagascar, but the part reminds me of the second level of Lion King for the Genesis.

HOLY SHIT! This game looks leagues better than the DKC triolgy IMO. In fact it looks like it could end up as one of the best 2D platformers ever! It has so many unique ideas that look like they're pulled off perfectly. I read a preview where someone said it topped NSMBW as the Wii's best 2D platformer. At first I thought that was unlikely because I had an absolute blast with NSMBW but after seeing a few videos I'm a believer. I really can't wait to play through DKCR and then do it all over again in co-op!

• Thumbs Up 1

HOLY SHIT! This game looks leagues better than the DKC triolgy IMO. In fact it looks like it could end up as one of the best 2D platformers ever! It has so many unique ideas that look like they're pulled off perfectly. I read a preview where someone said it topped NSMBW as the Wii's best 2D platformer. At first I thought that was unlikely because I had an absolute blast with NSMBW but after seeing a few videos I'm a believer. I really can't wait to play through DKCR and then do it all over again in co-op!

...OK, I have somewhat been looking forward to this title but I haven't gotten excited for it. More like, 'I'll get it when it comes' or, 'it's here when it's here' but... by god that footage was absolutely jaw dropping and amazing, it completely changed my opinion on the game. That looked fun, creative, and absolutely amazing. Now I'm getting excited.

That footage was beyond insane, this looks to have more awesome gimmicks than Sonic Colors, Limbo, all Mario games combined!...ok that might be a little too far but there looks like a lot!

That footage was beyond insane, this looks to have more awesome gimmicks than Sonic Colors, Limbo, all Mario games combined!...ok that might be a little too far but there looks like a lot!

I know exactly what you mean. I saw one video where Donkey Kong had to keep hiding behind rocks and other objects because there were giant waves crashing down at the screen. Brilliant!