Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

Topic Update 21/06/2013

vOmLXiP.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyVz1uSlFV8

This topic is for everything Rayman now from Reviews, Previews and general Rayman discussion so go wild now biggrin.png

The latest Rayman game is RAYMAN Legends sequel to the ever so amazing Rayman Origins and it will be a WII U exclusive.

Edited by Shaddix Leto Croft
  • Thumbs Up 3

AWESOME! A 2D Rayman? With co-op? And gorgeous visuals? Count me in!

This is what Sonic 4 should've looked like.

Edited by Masaru Daimon
  • Thumbs Up 4

I'm extremely hyped for this. I've been a fan of the series since the first game on the PS1 and have been waiting for a new Rayman platformer since Ubisoft announced Rayman 4 in 2006 (which later got changed to Raving Rabbids <_< ). Even though I do kinda like the Rabbids, they don't hold a candle to Rayman IMO. Nice to see the limbless hero is finally back. :)

I'm definitely looking forward to this! I've been wanting a proper Rayman game for a while now ever since the Rabbids took the spotlight from him. The visuals look really nice as well.

Looks great! Wish it got the full-game treatment though, but it's still awesome to have Rayman. =)

Oh my god, dat art style! It's like playing a comic strip. I love it, and it's nice to see an actual Rayman title again. Should be interesting.

Oh wow, they took the wacky humour of Rayman 3 I love so much and turned it up to 11. Count me in.

All I have to say is: About time! Seriously ever since they converted Rayman 4 into the party game series Raving Rabbids, I had doubts that Ubisoft would ever return to the classic style. But now after seeing the trailer, I really can't wait to play this game.

Man I really want to play the original game as well as The Great Escape now.

• Thumbs Up 1

It would be especially awesome if the co-op were online. I'm so damn surprised they're actually making another Rayman, so regardless of how the co-op plays out I'm extremely happy with this announcement.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Not exactly what I was expecting after playing Rayman 1-3.

He's is much goofier than he was in those games. Not that that's a bad thing, cuz his stupidity is just funny as hell in that trailer. Since this is his orgins, I guess it would make sense for him to be a nutcase when exploring the world. It might end up showing how he matures in the other games...or not, either way call me interested.

His zaniness is all good with me. Frankly it was Globox who made me laugh lots in Rayman 3. Rayman was kinda... just there. Having two complete idiots running around fucking shit up sounds like a brilliant basis for a co-op game to me.

• Thumbs Up 5

I was never a Rayman fan. Namely because I only played some Game boy game and a demo on the dreamcast, but holy crap, I need this game. It's stupid humor, smooth animation, and drop dead gorgeous artstyle left me with my jaw dropping.

This is the style I thought Sonic 4 was going to roll with, what I was expecting, and why I must have this game.

Edited by Tiller
  • Thumbs Up 2

The stupidity and crazy antics is part of the story, considering the title. The blog states that the game is how Rayman ends up being a hero from his humble origins of being a troublemaker.

What's with calling games something Origins? I always say it like oranges, as does my manager lol. Can't they think of something else?

Otherwise,

YAY!!

Am I the only one who thinks that the weird art style actually looks pretty ugly? To me, it looks like some weird outsider/ surrealist style that just looks... well, yeah. Ugly.

Something about the extreme cartoon style combined with the duller colour palette just makes it look all pseudo-dark. I know that's probably just my interpretation of it, but eh.

Still, I'm glad they're finally doing an actual Rayman game other than Ravid Rabbids Over 9000 etc. Now we just need to wait for the sequel where Rayman genocides the Rabbids as revenge and claws his way back to glory.

Edited by Mahzes

it looks like some weird outsider/ surrealist style that just looks... well, yeah. Ugly.

Something about the extreme cartoon style combined with the duller colour palette just makes it look all pseudo-dark.

With the exception of the first game (or maybe not? I've only seen as far as bandland), that's exactly the style Rayman has always been. It was just "low polygon count" pseudo-dark up til now.

Am I the only one who thinks that the weird art style actually looks pretty ugly? To me, it looks like some weird outsider/ surrealist style that just looks... well, yeah. Ugly.

Something about the extreme cartoon style combined with the duller colour palette just makes it look all pseudo-dark. I know that's probably just my interpretation of it, but eh.

Take it you didn't like Rayman 1 then since that has the same art style as this game then but not in 1080p HD xD*Ninja'd* The art style is pretty awesome better than what most games can come up with today since it's all the same dull and brown and grey *coughcallofdutycough*

Edited by Crash
  • Thumbs Up 1

I dunno, Rayman looks like some kind of grotesque caricature in this game. =|

In the first game, he still looked like a fairly kiddy character. Now he looks like one of those gross extreme characters they put in aforementioned 'pseudo-dark' styled things to aim more toward angsty teens. D:

I'm pretty surprised there's finally a new Rayman game coming out. It seems to be a trend. First MegaMan 9, then Sonic 4, and now Rayman 4 (or Rayman 0?)

Anyway from what I hear it's on PSN, XBLA and Wii, although I don't know if it'll be a downloadable Wii title or a retail game. I'm going to assume Wiiware.

I hope it's not too big for Wiiware, otherwise it'll have to be split into episodes or something...

Great news for Rayman fans, it looks funny :P

EDIT: Also yeah I agree that Sonic 4 should've looked more like this.

Edited by SuperLink

Wow! Aaaawesoommmmeee!!!! Thank you thank you thank you for posting this!

Now I must pray for 3D Rayman 4...

• Thumbs Up 2

I dunno, Rayman looks like some kind of grotesque caricature in this game. =|

In the first game, he still looked like a fairly kiddy character.

He still looks like a kiddy character I mean you can't get anymore kiddier than this shot right here which is super freaking awesome btw XD

RaymanOrigins_008.jpg

Now he looks like one of those gross extreme characters they put in aforementioned 'pseudo-dark' styled things to aim more toward angsty teens. D:

I didn't know this looked like Shadow the Hedgehog game XDDDD no seriously you just explained Shadow there not Rayman and since this is aimed at all gamers not just angsty Xbox live teens everyone for this game just like the first Rayman did

Edited by Crash

See, I think he looks gross and ugly in that screenshot, rather than funny. D: