Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

To paraphrase American Dad!... "By the way, Hayley, oh my God, that Rayman Origins, that Rayman Origins, Hayley, oh my God, that Rayman Origins, oh my God!"

It is so good!

Only got the last two characters to unlock, kinda hoping the last one is a Rabbid :P

• Thumbs Up 2

Just finished the main story last night, my god those have to be the most ridiculously long-winded and tedious credits I've ever sat through, probably worse than Sonic Colours Wii. ;__;

In any case, amusingly, did anyone else get the feeling that the stage toward the end, 'Mecha no Mistake' borrowed heavily from/ heavily references Sonic 1 and Sonic 2? Seriously, I was getting a major Scrap Brain/ Wing Fortress/ Metropolis Zone vibe from the whole stage, and loving how much of a blatant homage/ ripoff it seemed to be. :lol:

FINALLY! I'm through Land of the Livid Dead! YEESSS!!

I dunno if I can be really arsd to go through and finish the rest of it off. The amount of effort and difficulty of clearing this 100% isn't gonna be worth it since I don't see any reward coming for doing it.

Got this over the weekend and I'll just say this: 4-player co-op is the way to go. It's absolutely hilarious.

The level design, visuals and music are all top-notch too. I don't think I've found a thing about this game I don't like yet (besides the fact that all the characters are looking like they're going to be re-coloured Teensies. ¬_¬)

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished the whole game tonight, including Land of the Livid Dead.

Game of the Year for me, hands-fucking-down. Perfect level design, perfect visuals, perfect controls, everything is so god-damn perfect.

I was dashing like a mad man the entire time laugh.png

This is the only correct way of playing.

And if you're playing with someone else you have to dash to get ahead to get into position to knock them to their deaths. NEVER STOP PUNCHING PEOPLE.

Cooperating really well is kind of impossible in this game. For me, anyway. It gets easier as the game goes on though, when fighting with other players becomes less fun and more infuriating.

But yeah, awesome game. More people need to play this, especially if you can do the multiplayer.

Gonna get this for christmas with UMVC3.

I hope that this gives me so much fun times and memories like Rayman 1 did back then when I was 6.

Played the demo, had lots of fun. I'm loving the throwbacks to Rayman 1.

Just a quick question. How does the game's humor hold up? Is it as obnoxious as Raving Rabbids? Cause from the trailers, it looked pretty similar.

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

Trailers only color the impressions assuming the game is cutscene heavy - which it isnt. There's a lot of witty dialogue to be had and The Bubble Dreamer is incredibly awesome.

Nothing in the game implies that the characters are as demented as the rabbids. Ancel put it best, "they're not stupid - they're just simple". They enjoy life and have a grand old time but they are aware that they have a mission to fulfill.

Is anybody playing this on the Wii?

I played the demo on my Xbox 360 and I think it benefited from the higher resolution, however if I get it not he Wii I can get it for free and therefore won't need to wait until the price goes down for used copies... How does it fare on Wii?

Got this on Wii for Christmas and... well, what can I say? It's AMAZING. Probably my favourite Rayman game to date, in fact.

I'm so impressed with this game. It came out of nowhere to be one of my runaway hits of the year. The graphics are stunning, the art style is simply beautiful (in a very twisted way), and the gameplay is top-notch. Hardcore platforming at its very finest. Rayman Origins is a blast to play, and the fact it's downright hilarious at times makes it even more of a hoot.

I strongly urge anyone and everyone to buy this game. Ubisoft needs to make more stuff like this, pronto!

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm thinking about picking this game up. Is this game alright for someone like me who have never really played any of the older Rayman games? Also, should I get it for the Wii or 360?

I'm thinking about picking this game up. Is this game alright for someone like me who have never really played any of the older Rayman games? Also, should I get it for the Wii or 360?

Edited by ProfessorZolo

Edited by Nix

Thanks. I think I'll pick it up for the 360. ^_^ I'm not in a rush to go buy it now cause I have about 7 other games to play but I'll keep this game in mind whenever I go back to GameStop.

I got this game for my birthday, and I'm very impressed with it! Great gameplay. great artwork, and great music! It's really nice to see a traditional Rayman game again after the Rabbids taking the spotlight for quite some time.

At first I was really enjoying it, but now it's just annoying me. Making progress and then finding out I need to go back to a bunch of levels I already beat to get a shitload more electoons is no fun. It's like Sonic Unleashed's medal collecting all over again.

Edited by Chili Dawg

Your complaint is that you have to go through more platforming levels in a platform game?

No, it's the fact I need to revisit levels I've already beaten in order to collect enough stuff to progress which is just annoying.

• Thumbs Up 1