Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

See, I think he looks gross and ugly in that screenshot, rather than funny. D:

Well your choice dude if you don't others may think otherwise since Rayman games have a funny sense of humour at times GLOBOX FTW he epic =P

Edited by Crash

In the first game, he still looked like a fairly kiddy character.

The whole series has become much darker since then in style (not cheap Shadow dark... just more blacker/mature, humour-wise etc). This really isn't a huge leap from Rayman 3.

Frankly though, every single main Rayman game (1 2 and 3) all jumped forward in style so much they're barely worth comparing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Take it you didn't like Rayman 1 then since that has the same art style as this game then but not in 1080p HD xD*Ninja'd* The art style is pretty awesome better than what most games can come up with today since it's all the same dull and brown and grey *coughcallofdutycough*

No seriously? I agree with Mahzes. The art style is a bit "ugh" for me the first time, too. I mean, look at that pink large boss around the end of the trailer. If that's really what 1080p do to the Rayman 1 graphics, I skip. Don't get me wrong, I only prefer Rayman 1's pallette to this.

Oh wow. Just...WOW.

Is this that Rayman game I've been hoping for all these years? I think it is!

Haven't played a Rayman game in forever, but this one looks excellent.

I'll definitely be downloading this.

Not many people seem to realise but the DS version of "Rayman: Raving Rabbids" isn't exclusivly minigames and actually plays like a proper platformer... and it's damn good fun too. Still, good to see a new Rayman, Rabbids DS was a fair few years back now.

My dream for the past seven years. It happened.

MY DREAMS FREAKING CAME TRUE. ;_;

Needless to say, this is a day-one purchase. This game is gorgeous, and Rayman is just as awesome as ever. However, there's something I have a problem with this game: where's the arm boomeranging? Wasn't that one of the main factors behind Rayman to begin with? It just doesn't feel right; just as Kirby doesn't exactly feel right without his enemy inhaling power (which is missing from Kirby's Epic Yarn).

Still, the aesthetics are great (I loved Rayman 3), the humor is great, the gameplay looks phenomenal. This is what I've been waiting for.

• Thumbs Up 1

The game looks great, but I kinda wanted a 3D one more :-/...

Oh, and did other countrys besides Germany have he Rayman 3 holographic cover thing?

The game looks great, but I kinda wanted a 3D one more :-/...

Oh, and did other countrys besides Germany have he Rayman 3 holographic cover thing?

Sweden since I own it (pc version) :P except I seem to have lost it, oh well doesn't matter.

Only just came across information so it's a few days old now

This game is also following the footsteps of Sonic the Hedgehog 4 and is going to be released in episodes instead of an full arcade game just like Sonic 4 Ubisoft taking ideas from Sega now for Rayman Origins then eh lol

http://ubi-art.uk.ub...rayman-origins/

Well, to be honest, we would love to release a biiiiiig episode of Rayman Origins this year on HD consoles.

Why in full HD?

Simply because the game already runs in this incredible image format and this really highlights the artist’s work. This doesn’t prevent us from thinking about other consoles but we are a small team so we need to set priorities.

Why episodes?

To release one this year, and because big games take a long time to make, which in turns makes their price high.

With episodes, the price must be proportional to the size of the game, there is no way we are taking gamers for fools!

Episodes also let us imagine a longer and more developed saga than with a more “classical” format.

Oh yes, and there is a golden rule: the size of each episode and its replayability must be important enough to make the players feel … fulfilled.

Edited by Crash The Tomb Raider

Hmmm...didn't see that one coming. I hope Episodes don't become a staple for these types of games...they always feel more expensive overall, even if you are still paying for a lot of content.

Another game that is episodic? Damn, this is so annoying >_< Now I'm really not sure if I'mgoing to get it. I have to go to a friends house to download games and I may be doing it for Sonic 4, but it's embarrasing just to go to a friend's house to download something :-/.

My only hope is that they release all of the episodes together as a retail release u.u

Another game that is episodic? Damn, this is so annoying >_< Now I'm really not sure if I'mgoing to get it. I have to go to a friends house to download games and I may be doing it for Sonic 4, but it's embarrasing just to go to a friend's house to download something :-/.

My only hope is that they release all of the episodes together as a retail release u.u

Yeah I really hope they do that since there is certain people who doesn't have online for there Xbox 360's and PS3's so it can be a pain in the arse sometimes for those who can't get the game, I do hope they will release a retail version of the game even though i'll be downloading it I like to having the games physically(I think that the right word lol) than downloadable plus Ubisoft could make more money just making it retail just aswell as they can on XBLA/PSN

Edited by Crash The Tomb Raider

...wait, it's episodic and it's not on WiiWare (or at least not as a priority)?

That's two reasons not to get myself hyped then.

'Tis a shame, I love me a bit of Rayman and Origins looks fan-bloody-tastic. :(

Edited by Doctor MK

About fucking time they bring back Rayman! I was getting really sick of the Rabbids.

Also, digging the wacky artstyle. I am definitely getting this once it comes out.

• 2 weeks later...

New Details about the game WiiWare is being considered so Wii owners may not be left out

RAYMAN ORIGINS, or the story of the birth of an uncontrollable eggplant in a crazy world

When ?

Episode 1 for Christmas 2010 ! Hours of adventure and fun …

The rest for 2011!

Which format ?

HD Consoles for the end of the year ( XBLA then PSN)

Wii, PC, iPad, 3DS to be considered.

With which tools ?

UBIart Framework, a complete “homemade” solution for creating and editing levels and characters, which will be open source in 2011

More infos on www.ubi-art.com

And what will be inside ?

Adventure, alone, with a friend, slaps, fairies, monsters, jokes, great music and many more surprises

http://raymanorigins...about-the-game/

3DS is also being considered aswell awesomesauce 3D Rayman that would sweet and a Christmas release and the rest out next year =D.

Edited by Crash

The game could be coming to WiiWare? And maybe even 3DS?! UBISOFT I LOVE YOU AGAIN.

Seeing as it's episodic, does this basically confirm a downloadable service for the 3DS? I know it was fairly obvious anyway but this seems to cement it as fact.

Anyway, both Sonic 4 and Rayman Origins on WiiWare would make me a very happy retro gamer. Consider me interested again.

I'd rather it come for 3DS as a full retail game than a download title. I really want this game, but I'm not sure if I'll buy it if its only downloadable :-/

Oh, an Rayman's an eggplant? oO

Oh, an Rayman's an eggplant? oO

inb4 Kid Icarus Eggplant Wizard crossover theories.

:P

• 4 months later...

Quite disappointed right now, I just remember about Rayman Origins after watching a Rayman 1 playthrough just now and we haven't heard anything since 2nd of July (well I posted that stuff on the 4th but it was posted on the 2nd on the game blog) and it's suppose to be coming out next month yet we haven't seen new stuff about the game or information regarding the game in a long time. I've got a very strong feeling that this game has either been delayed or something I dunno, It just doesn't feel right at the moment *sigh* here hoping Ubisoft will release something soon since they promised a Christmas XBLA/PSN release but I just don't think that going to happen right now :unsure:.

Edited by Shaddix da Immortal Enigma

Certainly hoping it is still a Christmas release, I am looking forward to this (though not as much as the rumoured Rayman Collection HD, Rayman 3 in HD is amazing - I know, I had it for PC). I wouldn't worry too much, lots of downloadable games are almost unheard of up until release.

• 1 month later...

Delayed until Spring 2011?

Unveiled at the last E3, the next title from Michel Ancel, Rayman Origins will eventually absent from this year as originally planned if one believes one hand timing, but also some of our sources that report to carry forward in spring 2011. Developed by a small team of Ubisoft Montpellier - while another big supervised by Jacques Exertier is busy with the adaptation of Tintin Spielberg and Jackson, the next adventures of the former mascot of the French firm is especially the first game born under UBIart Framework, a comprehensive solution 'homemade' creation and editing of levels, characters, display, which will be open source in 2011.

As a reminder, Michel Ancel said he wanted to create a title in the first place exclusive to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 to offer HD rendering according to his wishes, but no ruling out the arrival on other media such as Wii or 3DS, all being related to the project's progress and the fact that the team is limited and priority was given to the consoles can offer high definition.

Until more information, find peace and pleasure with the trailer for Rayman Origins presented during the American show and where we find the hair rotator Rayman and the whole leg of Ancel ... and if you want to know more about the man, we will know only too advise you to the biography published editions Pix'n Love.

Link[Google Translate]

http://www.live360.fr/news/152045-Rayman_Origins_repouss%C3%A9

The article is from November 8th. It looks like it was delayed afterall, but if the report is correct, then at least we've not got long to wait.

I've got a very strong feeling that this game has either been delayed or something I dunno, It just doesn't feel right at the moment *sigh* here hoping Ubisoft will release something soon since they promised a Christmas XBLA/PSN release but I just don't think that going to happen right now :unsure:.

I fucking knew this would happened :angry: Very disappointed but I guess I can wait till Spring then *sigh*

The official blog of the game gave a tiny statement:

http://raymanorigins.uk.ubi.com/

Nothing big, just that we'll get more info next year. Still, it's nice to hear something from Ubisoft.

I'm still fairly excited about this game. Sure, I'd still rather have a 3D game, but this looks fun. I just hope we don't get that many ugly shots like this:

RaymanOrigins_008.jpg

I don't mind them once in a while, but if it comes too often, I'll be slightly disappointed. The backgrounds are beautiful, though. There's no denying that. Also, I don't want too much team work.

Edited by Santa Cello
  • Thumbs Up 2

You know, the choice in art style is kind of a miss for me. The original Rayman looked beautiful and this is somewhat grotesque. The environments are looking gorgeous, in a different way to the first game however, but the characters really kill it. Perfect example is that pic you just posted, Marcello. The flash-like animation isn't really cutting it either.

• Thumbs Up 2