Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

Legends still is a Wii-U exclusive

Considering the amount of touchscreen/Wiipad stuff going in this trailer, it's clear that Ubisoft has been taking Wii U integration seriously – we just didn't think it was that serious. All Rayman titles up until this point have been multiplatform, and since Ubisoft itself said the game wasn't necessarily an exclusive back in June, we kinda expected that to be the case.

We asked Ubisoft for clarification just to make super extra sure, and were told that "yes, Rayman Legends is a Wii U exclusive. It will be releasing in Holiday 2012."

Again, it sucks cause the first game was super ultra multi-platform, but it's great to see the U getting this third party exclusive that uses the tablet and isn't gimmicky.

That level looks gorgeous.

And the second player can switch between Murphy and any other character at any time? That's awesome.

so when does the Wii U release? i'm seriously wanting to know the base price of the console so i can pre-order this!

We don't know, but Nintendo should have a Nintendo Direct this or next month. Promotional materials are already being sent out.

The heavily detailed box-art is just amazing, along with that beautiful museum hall pic.

I can't even begin to imagine what the later levels or later games will look like.

Plus, it's nice to see a female character playable in a Rayman game for... possibly the first time ever?

Platformer-wise yes*, but there were some females in spin-offs like Rayman M.

*Bimbette and Oktette do not fucking count.

Globox graphics comparison from this guy just to show how purdy they are.

I'm really glad they went with more detailed characters this time. It looks much better.

This game looks just as, if not more beautiful than those mock "HD" Nintendo game screens made with brush paint.

Fuck U! Fuck Wii UUUU! Ubisoft you better release that on the PS3/360. If there's something I'll never be able to buy is this damn new console. At least not on my country. Dammiiiiiiiiiiit!

Edited by Jango

Fuck U! Fuck Wii UUUU! Ubisoft you better release that on the PS3/360. If there's something I'll never be able to buy is this damn new console. At least not on my country. Dammiiiiiiiiiiit!

Calm down they said it may be out for the other consoles too.

Edited by Tmsp

One rep said it at E3 and since then it's been said more than once it'll be an exclusive. I think we can safely say it'll be exclusive.

One rep said it at E3 and since then it's been said more than once it'll be an exclusive. I think we can safely say it'll be exclusive.

What about this?

"Ubisoft senior game manager Michael Micholic stated that Ubisoft are considering a PS3, Xbox 360 and PC versions of Rayman Legends as "we're looking at a lot of different launch options"."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/353327/ubisoft-rayman-legends-may-not-be-wii-u-exclusive/

What about this?

"Ubisoft senior game manager Michael Micholic stated that Ubisoft are considering a PS3, Xbox 360 and PC versions of Rayman Legends as "we're looking at a lot of different launch options"."

http://www.computera...ii-u-exclusive/

Isn't Legends the sequel to Origins. Surely releasing Legends on the same systems (and more) as Origins was, is a no brainer. I would expect Legends to be on PC & PSN at the very least.

What about this?

http://www.computera...ii-u-exclusive/

Like I said after E3, it's been constantly said it'll be exclusive to Wii U. The trailer say's it's exclusive:

qqlEw.jpg

One Week ago, Joystiq once again asked Ubisoft whether it's exclusive or not and they said

yes, Rayman Legends is a Wii U exclusive. It will be releasing in Holiday 2012.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/15/rayman-legends-is-a-wii-u-exclusive/

And before E3 Ubisoft France's boss said it's exclusive back in June:

We then have Rayman Legends, which is a Wii U exclusive title on the Rayman brand.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/06/04/why-ubisoft-is-pouring-a-lot-of-resources-into-wii-u-games-interview/

Isn't Legends the sequel to Origins. Surely releasing Legends on the same systems (and more) as Origins was, is a no brainer. I would expect Legends to be on PC & PSN at the very least.

And how exactly will they bring the Gamepad stuff to the other consoles?

There's absolutely no reason to doubt that Legends may later appear on PS3 and 360. For the time being, yes it is Wii U exclsuive and does emphasise some of the U-specific capabilities, but that's not to say that it won't be available on other platforms later.

But moreover, does it fucking matter at this stage?

There's absolutely no reason to doubt that Legends may later appear on PS3 and 360. For the time being, yes it is Wii U exclsuive and does emphasise some of the U-specific capabilities, but that's not to say that it won't be available on other platforms later.

That's not true. Them saying it'll be Wii U exclusive and seeing that the game is being built around Wii U capabilities is very much a reason to doubt ports.

There's no reason to expect them to port the game.