Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

My hype for this game hasn't wavered at all, it's just a curious design choice. I'm sure it'll be fun, but I imagine some people are going to be turned off by making Murphy mandatory in some levels.

Edited by Pinkamina

I think the Murfy sections could be fun, but not if they take up a big chunk of the game. I was looking forward to having a solid platforming sequel, and maybe some Wiipad gimmicks to shake things up every now and then. But if Murfy's gameplay - essentially an iPad game - is thrust upon us for a large portion of the single-player modes, I am going to be VERY disappointed.

• Thumbs Up 3

Im just really hoping something got lost in translation when they said that. No way that can be right, it's just got to be a mistake.

I hope this really isn't true. I mean one or two section every now and then, fine. But if it takes up lots of the game time, No. Just no. Well at least it's better then the rabbids games still.

Hahaha, wow.

Suddenly I am not upset about not being able to play this.

Because a portion of the game's SINGLEPLAYER mode involves Rhythm tapping?

Something's not right about that, it flies in the face of what they said at E3. That being the Murfy levels are bonus stages.

Edited by King Of Awesome

I don't really see the big deal (well I do, but it's starting to reek of hyperbole now), I mean, Rayman Origins had fucking flying/shoot-'em-up levels and nobody (as far as I know) complained. I imagine these mandatory levels aren't going to be the meat of this game. I see why some of you may be turned off, but "a good portion" is honestly too vague to make an accurate judgement on how Murphy heavy this game is going to be.

The Mosquto stages were actually pretty fun and were only 1 level to every 5/6 Rayman levels.

But the way they talk about Murphy here, they seem to have implied he takes up a good chunk of the game.

Ubisoft needs to release some kind of official statement, like now. Hype for the game like everywhere is basically dropping dead.

He said 50% and then corrected himself saying it was smaller, but I'd still say that there are probably a lot of them.

It's not going to bother me that much, though, as long as it's stuff like the shield level where it's totally the focus of the level. Otherwise I'd like it to not be mandatory for levels that are majorly platforming focussed and don't have much screen-interaction on them.

Ubisoft needs to release some kind of official statement, like now. Hype for the game like everywhere is basically dropping dead.

This. I'd like to see them clear this up. Edited by Solly

Hahaha, wow.

Suddenly I am not upset about not being able to play this.

+1.

Unless something was lost in the translation, hype deflated. Why am I taken away from platforming with Rayman in this Rayman platformer?

I don't really see the big deal (well I do, but it's starting to reek of hyperbole now), I mean, Rayman Origins had fucking flying/shoot-'em-up levels and nobody (as far as I know) complained. I imagine these mandatory levels aren't going to be the meat of this game. I see why some of you may be turned off, but "a good portion" is honestly too vague to make an accurate judgement on how Murphy heavy this game is going to be.

There was one flight level per zone (with 5-8 actual levels) and you had full control on Rayman all the time. The wording on this thing makes it feel the ratio of not-Rayman gameplay is closer to 1:1, which is poop.

People just want more Origins with online coop.

Something's not right about that, it flies in the face about what they said at E3. That being the Murfy levels are bonus stages.

And of course, thats never happened before, they say one thing which turns out to be another... right? Right? Uh oh... *has flashbacks of... ... just about every game he's ever looked forward to*

People just want more Origins with online coop.

Was online co-op even confirmed for this game?

Outside of the leaked "pitch" trailer where they were showing a lot of conceptual stuff?

This are good news to me, since I would never buy the Wii U. Good thing the game may suck ass, but entirely because of this ridiculous decision of Ubisoft, transforming a fast platforming into a fruit ninja like game, fuck off. Anytime soon we could see the damn rabbits going into this too and ruining the franchise once more.

Edited by Jango

And of course, thats never happened before, they say one thing which turns out to be another... right? Right? Uh oh... *has flashbacks of... ... just about every game he's ever looked forward to*

Everyone just got Kojima'd.

Was online co-op even confirmed for this game?

Outside of the leaked "pitch" trailer where they were showing a lot of conceptual stuff?

AI Rayman or not, if the game doesn't include online coop I'm out.

This are good news to me, since I would never buy the Wii U. Good thing the game may suck ass, but entirely because of this ridiculous decision of Ubisoft, transforming a fast platforming into a fruit ninja like game, fuck off. Anytime soon we could see the damn rabbits going into this too and ruining the franchise once more.

They are in the game, we could see them in that leaked trailer with Ezio from AC.

- In the single player mode a good portion of the game will be played as Murfy. Rayman will be AI controlled and Murfy (the player) is his protector

- There will still be some "classic" levels where you can play as Rayman in single player

Well, they fucked it, at least now we know why it is Wii U exclusive.

Fuck this game.

"This game is glorious!"

"FUCK THIS GAME"

Reminds me of another Wii-U game.

Now consider this, the guy asked about how to play Single player on the Remote Pad. also made a comment about how Half (then changed it to a good portion maybe 30%?) would be Murfy + AI Rayman.

I'm guessing this is IF YOU DECIDE TO USE THE GAMEPAD to play it rather than on the TV screen. Or that if you use the Wii-U gamepad at all. I'm thinking it will be something like "Don't want to use Murphy? Use the Wii-U Pro Controller!"

And there's the possibility of there being an option to turn this off.

cool yo jets bros, it's just a rep saying (and not even clearly) something that could be false. It's not like they haven't caused shitstorms from being wrong before.

• Thumbs Up 7

Despite the fact I'm not getting a Wii U since I really don't care for the direction Nintendo is going with game systems (I really hate the Wii and regret ever buying it) I had to just take a look since this is all the statuses are are about and I really do love Rayman.

I haven't been keeping up, so Barbara is new to me. I really hate her design. She looks like a butcher version of the chick from Brave; give me the pink Teensie any day.

Of course no final judgements can be made until the product comes out. I do like an occasional oddball level to change things up, but for it to be the majority of the game would be a big mistake.

Edited by Hexadecimal

How does one hate Barbara and prefer a generic pink Teensy over her? I'm planning on switching between her and Rayman.

How does one hate Barbara and prefer a generic pink Teensy over her? I'm planning on switching between her and Rayman.

She's just not my cup of tea and I thought the pink Teensie was very cute, although it would have been nice if she hadn't been given the generic Teensie grunts and such and instead something more feminine.

She's just not my cup of tea and I thought the pink Teensie was very cute, although it would have been nice if she hadn't been given the generic Teensie grunts and such and instead something more feminine.

It was probably a place holder. They might not have her voice together yet.