Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

Wait, since when do people NOT cast out doom on a tiny announcement? Especially on a game that they may not even end up buying/care about.

I think a lot of people want a reason to not buy a game. Just look at the reactions throughout this thread. Instead of waiting, they wanted to immediately close the case.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wait, since when do people NOT cast out doom on a tiny announcement? Especially on a game that they may not even end up buying/care about.

I think a lot of people want a reason to not buy a game. Just look at the reactions throughout this thread. Instead of waiting, they wanted to immediately close the case.

Well, some of us have little faith and/or patience when it comes to:

> Ubisoft

> Forced gimmicks on launch titles

> Rayman getting cast out in favor of his shitty friends

> All of the above

Each of these concerns has a cemented basis for validity. So when the designers suddenly say a gimmick takes like half of the game's stages, people get worried.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Rayman Legends is going to be the most beautiful, amazing game ever made."

Rep says one not entirely clear statement

"Fuck this game, it's going to be complete shit, canceling pre-order now!"

Well at least we now know how loyal the fanbase is.

Though he was the Lead Game Designer so that did get me a little worried, he never made himself too clear on the statement.

• Thumbs Up 9

So I finally bought Origins.

Oh god it's so wonderful where has this game been all my life its so hhngjnfenfkanler

That is all.

• Thumbs Up 2

So I finally bought Origins.

Oh god it's so wonderful where has this game been all my life its so hhngjnfenfkanler

That is all.

Have fun with the Pirate Tricky Treasure chase. That is all.

Did anyone else think of Rayman Legends when Rayman Jungle Run consisted of scripted autorunning?

I wonder if some of these levels will be in Legends.

Humm. Interesting, though I guess in order to enjoy the game any lone players will have to consider this primarily a co-op game, with the solo mode existing as an option. Much like how co-op games like L4D are MEANT to be played with other people, but single player is doable as long as you appreciate the cons of playing with the AI.

I can confirm this confirmation.

Anyway, it's nice to see what they had to say about the Wii U.

And from what the interview said, it seems like Legends was built with the Wii U in mind. Reason they aren't doing PS3 + Vita or Smartglass is because they don't want you to buy multiple things to get the same experience. Wii U's got everything includedd.

Makes sense to me.

- Also features remixed music like “Eye of the Tiger” in flamenco style with gibberish vocals and a little kazoo mixed in

oh

my

GOD

Game made, 10/10, best game ever, game purchased. I'd buy 100 of it.

Seriously though I totally want a Wii U now.

• Thumbs Up 4

After playing the game today at Eurogamer i'm hyped as hell for this. The gamepad player is really fun to mess around with your mates. Laughs were had.

Has anyone seen this new game?

Edit: wrong video

edit: I guess I brought it up at the very last post of the last page but..

Edited by Autosaver

Also, the game apparently has a new character for each world. Barbara is just one of them.

If I recall correctly, there was a level in the pre-announcement trailer that featured a bunch of Rabbids in it.

rabbidtroll.jpg

Has anyone seen this new game?

Edit: wrong video

Rayman isn't very suited to touch controls. Not to mention it's an iOS game. I'll pass.

Rayman isn't very suited to touch controls. Not to mention it's an iOS game. I'll pass.

Have you played it? It's an auto-run game where all you do is jump, hover and punch. Very simple, and rather fun too. A proper Rayman, 2D or 3D, game with touch controls would be horrible. But for what Jungle Run is, they work fine.

Also the game has one of the most sadistic achievements I've seen in a long time- Complete all 36 levels from start to finish in order without missing a single Lum or dying. That's 3600 lums in an auto-scoll game. Miss one and it's failure.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

Appearently, the game will release in 2013 now. The Nintendo and Ubisoft website of Europe lists it as "Early 2013".

That sucks. >__>

I'm going to wait for an official confirmation before I cry foul. The game is only TBC in America while the Europe date, as far as I can see, is still set in stone from every other source that's talked about it.

The game's been TBC on multiple different launch window lists in the past, so it may be down to that.

True, but the websites which changed the date are the official websites of the publishers of the game (Ubisoft) and the producers of the console on which the game releases (Nintendo)... and I don't know, when those people change the release dates, it has to be pretty legit, don't you think?

Here are the links:

Q1 2013 on Nintendo Europe's site:

http://www.nintendo....ends_55009.html

Coming soon on Ubisoft's UK site:

http://www.ubi.com/U....aspx?pId=10778

This sucks. They said it was a launch day in Europe on the Wii U Nintendo Direct sad.png

EDIT:

Ubisoft's shop site still says launch day:

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_GB/pd/productID.252017900

True, but the websites which changed the date are the official websites of the publishers of the game (Ubisoft) and the producers of the console on which the game releases (Nintendo)... and I don't know, when those people change the release dates, it has to be pretty legit, don't you think?

Do we even know that the pages listed differently at some point in time? Sometimes database screwups like these happen, and it was only recently we found out that it was a launch title in EU. Both these sites list different things despite there being no solid date.

I dunno, I'd be inclined to believe it if they had an actual date or confirmed it because unless you're Sega that's the kind of thing developers are expected to put out when a title is delayed, but as it is I'm still not counting it out.

Appearently, the game will release in 2013 now. The Nintendo and Ubisoft website of Europe lists it as "Early 2013".

That sucks. >__>

tumblr_m6f0lkn11k1r10os2o1_500.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Do we even know that the pages listed differently at some point in time?

I don't know about the Ubisoft one, but the Nintendo Europe site definitely listed November 30th before.