Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

This is a shame, but at the same time not too worrying. I can still get it for £20, but it doesn't have to be at launch. Bittersweet.

Maybe it was a marketing decision due to the sales of the last game. Maybe they don't want to compete with New Super Mario Bros. U and Epick Mickey 2: The Power of Two. That's if this is true, of course.

It's possible their Wii U release of Assassin's Creed 3 could also cannibalize sales. The Wii U launch line day line up is pretty full, so I could see the reason for them pushing it back a bit.

well Shit.

that's one game i need to remove from pre-order, only giving me Transformed and Nintendoland for my U

lame.

Crying foul.

At least I don't have to worry about my money being drained launch day. I guess they really didn't want to compete with Mario.

Crying foul.

At least I don't have to worry about my money being drained launch day. I guess they really didn't want to compete with Mario.

Yeah I also am slightly thankful. I really wanted this, NSMBU and ASRT at launch. I COULD have waited for ZombiU but the bundle makes too much sense price-wise.

Considering I also really wanted to get ASRT on 3DS too, at launch for the extra track, this is slightly a blessing for me in terms of spreading out purchases.

• Thumbs Up 1

They probably don't want to compete with Mario. Generations tried to compete with Call Of Duty at it's launch and look how well it did..........

I don't get why they announced the game as a launch game in the first place when they're changing the release date not even a month later.

I don't get why they announced the game as a launch game in the first place when they're changing the release date not even a month later.

Probably because at the time of them announcing it they weren't aware of just how much competition there would be. Granted they knew of competition from themselves with so many Ubisoft games going out at launch, they wouldn't know what other developers had planned.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it was pretty obvious (or even confirmed?) that NSMBU would be a Launch title though, even before the Event last month.

But as long as the game is amazing, I don't mind the later release that much.

Edited by Thigolf

This pisses me off so much cuz I played the demo on Saturday at Nintendo World, and I fucking loved it....and now it's been torn from me, why god why?

I'm okay with this. Gives them a little more time to iron out any problems with the game, plus it may sell more now that it's not competiting against every other Wii-U launch title.

Ubisoft explains why Legends is Wii-U only

"Well, technically we could to it with SmartGlass [for Xbox 360] and with the Vita being linked to the PlayStation 3. The possibility could be there, but we chose to really focus on Wii U specifically because it has a special toolset, and because everyone that buys it gets what they need to play the game.

We don’t want to have the player dependent on other technology that they have to purchase to make sure they can play the full experience. Here you buy the Wii U system, you buy the game, and you can experience all of the content without extras. And we didn’t want to give somebody half of the experience just for the sake of getting it out on another console. We want the player to get everything that we have to offer them from this game.”

-Chris McEntee, Ubisoft designer"

• Thumbs Up 6

They probably don't want to compete with Mario. Generations tried to compete with Call Of Duty at it's launch and look how well it did..........

They probably also didn't want to cannibalize their own sales with Zombi-U, their other launch title.

It makes sense from a business standpoint. Sucks that all I have to look forward to in terms of launch games is Mario, but I'm probably gonna be busy then anyway.

Isn't early '13 fucking loaded with big releases too? People will be short on cash and less likely to buy than during a platform launch shopping spree, unless they only own a WiiU.

Then again at launch new owners would indeed pick the nth Mario game over Rayman.

Well that's... actually pretty nice. Thanks for not supporting greedy corporate strategies this time, Ubi. : )

Yeah, well ours is still better. -crosses arms and pouts.-

Seriously, though, If this comes out, I'll buy it. Can never get enough Rayman.