Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

So, two days ago, after almost a year of ignoring/missing out on it, I had finally bought Rayman Origins for my Xbox 360.

1jEH5-dcmagnets.ru-rayman-origins-2012.pn.jpg

I have one thing to say. This game is fucking amazing. I love the art style, the colorful visuals, animation, and the game's offering of chockfuls of humor and charm, it sometimes feels like I'm playing a cartoon. The gameplay is fun, addictive, and smooth, and the soundtrack is a joy to listen to, and playing with others is a great experience. I have no idea why I had ignored this game for so long, I was missing out on a pure creative, fun, and innovative platforming masterpiece. Hats off to you, Ubisoft.

Edited by Ratchet
  • Thumbs Up 7

So, two days ago, after almost a year of ignoring/missing out on it, I had finally bought Rayman Origins for my Xbox 360.

1jEH5-dcmagnets.ru-rayman-origins-2012.pn.jpg

I have one thing to say. This game is fucking amazing. I love the art style, the colorful visuals, animation, and the game's offering of chockfuls of humor and charm, it sometimes feels like I'm playing a cartoon. The gameplay is fun, addictive, and smooth, and the soundtrack is a joy to listen to, and playing with others is a great experience. I have no idea why I had ignored this game for so long, I was missing out on a pure creative, fun, and innovative platforming masterpiece. Hats off to you, Ubisoft.

You have been enlightened.

Welcome to the brotherhood.

Amg the music at the start there was so pretty. I also love that aside from the secret room, there wasn't a single loading moment there. All one smooth stage. Fantastic.

I....just.....excuse me. *Sniff* it's just.....*sniff* IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL.

Every time I see something new about this game, I need to have it that much more. But I think I'm gonna try and only watch videos sparingly from this point forward. Don't wanna give too much of the game away for myself.

Instead, I'ma just go to GameStop and play the demo again.

And again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and

I only own the 360 version of Origins, so far, and I'm planning to get the Vita version for my birthday.

How well does the Vita version play?

It looks as good and runs as smooth and fast as the PS3 version. Also the touch screen allows you to pop bubbles and pick up lums quicker. No multiplayer though.

Rayman Legends will be 80% Platforming in Single Player, other 20% is Murhpy and other stuff.

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/11/02/rayman-legends-will-be-80-platformer-in-single-player-mode/

Rayman Legends lead game designer Emile Morel has told Game Kult that 80% of Rayman Legends will be a platformer. Morel says that the remaining 20% of the game will consist of touchscreen based levels. These Murfy levels are apparently optional and won’t have to be played to progress in the single player story mode. Rayman Legends will also include a leaderboard, so that you can challenge your Miiverse companions.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

I downloaded Rayman Origins on friday and just beat Land of the Livid Dead. A truly fantastic game, and possibly the best platformer I've ever played in my life. The tricky treasure levels really show off how perfect the controls are, because damn near every jump in those levels has to be pixel-perfect, and you know what? A pixel-perfect jump is an easy thing to pull off in Rayman Origins. The amount of deaths I could blame on the programming rather than my own skills as a player are exactly zero, and that's saying something.

The only complaint I could think of is that the game really needed an auto-run option. Having to hold down the sprint button near-constantly is kind a painful on the index finger.

>USA 26th Feb

>Birthday 27th of Feb

>Europe 28th of Feb

imokaywiththis.jpg

>USA 26th Feb

>Birthday 27th of Feb

>Europe 28th of Feb

imokaywiththis.jpg

Your sig basically describes my thought of the release date.

• Thumbs Up 3

So the Rayman Legends demo is on the e-Shop. I played 2 player across 3 levels.

The first level pretty much required Murphy through the whole thing, and it was the only one I played as him in. You start with whatever characters you have selected, which in our case was Rayman + Globox (wearing green clothes) and the gamepad player can switch to Murphy very quickly and easily. But early on, I was required to switch to him and couldn't switch back for the majority of the level.

This was kind of annoying, since I wanted to play it as a platformer, but make no mistake; as long as you've got another player or two with you, Murphy is actually really fun. When I was moving all the platforms, ropes, and fireballs, I actually felt like I was doing the majority of the legwork. It's way better than Boost Mode in Mario U.

The second level didn't require Murphy at all, and neither did the third level. They were just classic Rayman Origins platforming action. The third level in particular was awesome because it was one of the musical stages, which is basically like the Tricky Treasure stages except with a Mickey-moused soundtrack. It also worked really well in co-op, because unlike Origins, players who fell behind would catch up, and you couldn't accidentally hit each other.

So in short:

Pros:

• It's a great sequel to Rayman Origins.
  • Multiplayer is great.
  • Murphy's a lot of fun to use.
  • Music stages.

Cons:

• Long Murphy segment in stage 1 is slightly worrying.
    • Single player is gonna require an AI controlled Rayman.

The demo's got 30 uses. I have no idea if it's up on the European e-Shop but I highly reccomend checking it out.

US Only by the looks of it, just checked EU eShop, We'll get it later probably.

Edited by Super Snowiko