Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

Don't worry much it will look tons better in motion like many things do =) but still gutted about it coming out next year instead was hoping it come out this month....seems like Ubisoft took a leaf out of SEGA book.

I can't bring myself to care that much about the way the game looks.

It's a new, real, Rayman game. The first one we've had since Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc. That was more than 7 fucking years ago.

I'm hype for new Rayman. Visuals are a trivial matter to me at this point. It doesn't look that bad to me anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't worry much it will look tons better in motion like many things do =)

Not really, this is a different case. Rather than looking graphically poor like games so in screenshots, this is stylistically ugly. How good it looks won't be affected by motion.

We already saw it in motion when it was announced to make a decent assumption:

I don't see why you all are hating on the style. If its ugly, it doesn't make it bad.

In The Nightmare Before Christmas all the characters are ugly but they are lovable in personality, which this game depends on artistically.

Its not even that ugly anyways, its a cartoon style and for Rayman, I think its completely appropriate. Rayman is zany and so is Globox, and I think the art style perfectly resembles this in the game.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 months later...

Major Bump :P

http://www.joystiq.c...isoft-ceo-says/

They've been missing since December 2010, but we're happy to report that they're not dead. In an MCV interview published today, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said Rayman Origins was "very much" a Michel Ancel project. So, a bizarre information blackout following a promising announcement was to be expected.

"There will be a new Rayman game, Rayman Origins, by Michel Ancel," Guillemot said. "It will be HD in 2D and it will be a big event for the whole industry." It's unclear whether the game will still be episodic, as originally planned, or if it will still be a downloadable title. Ubisoft has not answered any of our specific questions regarding Rayman Origins during the last three months.

Aside from being a return to Rayman's roots, the game serves as a showcase for the UbiArt development framework, which allows the incorporation of detailed drawings from a variety of sources into a skeletal animation system. In other words: game so, so pretty

Fantastic to see the game still going but I'd love a summer release Ubisoft to keep me going over the summer :P

Edited by Shaddix Croft

I was just thinking about it the other day, so nice to know it's not dead. And if it's format was changed to disk-release and non-episodic I'd be sooo happy.

I'd also much rather wait and have it be a full disc release. I honestly can't remember the last time I bought a good 2D game that wasn't downloadable. D:

• 4 weeks later...

We've finally gotten new info, and guess what:

It's now a full retail game.

Rayman Origins

- Ancel notes that he's been working on BG&E2 for "a while". He said they've had a little break from that project that that's where RO started

- He noted that few people finished the original Rayman due to its difficulty. They hope to change that by making this one more accessible while still offering a challenge

- They're trying to design the game to fit various platforming styles. So people that enjoy collecting will have plenty to collect but it's also being designed for those that like to do speedruns

- The Lums you collect will act as currency for new power ups, health and 'I Dare You' challenges.

- 'I Dare You' challenges are where you wager on whether you can complete a complex, acrobatic chain.

- The game now supports 4 player local (they don't say anything about online) co-op.

- "The levels are designed with both single-playing and multiplayer in mind, so no one is at a loss if a player tackles the game alone or in a group.

- Rayman, Globox and two teensies were the 4 characters used in the mutliplayer demo

- In order to keep the game accessible all characters will have the same abilities

- While the game was a downloable title it has since become a full retail title. Ancel said that comes from people wanting to make a real sequel

- It's due this holiday for the PS3 and 360

Take all of my money, Ubi.

Edited by Carbo
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just read about this at Eurogamer. No wonder it has been such a long time since we've heard anything :lol:

yay.jpg

Finally proper news AND IT'S RETAIL YAHOO! :D I wasn't too keen on a downloadble Rayman game while I was glad one was coming I'm very happy that I'll be buying from a shop now =D

I thought it was always a retail game, guess I was wrong.

Edited by Tobbii

Good that it's going to be a retail game. I hope they made the characters look nicer now. And they better make a 3D Rayman after this. I want that more.

This sounds a bit like New Super Rayman Bros.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Good that it's going to be a retail game. I hope they made the characters look nicer now. And they better make a 3D Rayman after this. I want that more.

This sounds a bit like New Super Rayman Bros.

Yeah, I want more 3D Rayman as well, we've already gotten new 2D Rayman titles on the DS after all.

Yeah, I want more 3D Rayman as well, we've already gotten new 2D Rayman titles on the DS after all.

What 2 shitty Rayman 2: The Great Escape ports on the 3DS and NDS when it was originally released in 1999 ? yeah very new lol

I'm all for a brand new 3D Rayman game for the 360,PS3, Wii/Project Cafe and 3DS but I rather have a 2D Rayman now it's been way too long time since a brand new 2D Rayman was released :).

Edited by Shaddix Leto Croft
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I wanted some new screenshots or a video. But this makes me happy. Very, very happy. :D

I wanted some new screenshots or a video. But this makes me happy. Very, very happy. :D

Same here I'd love to see some new stuff of the game, I'll keeping an eye on the Rayman Origins blog for more information and screenshots and trailers now my hype has returned for this game XD :D

Edited by Shaddix Leto Croft

What 2 shitty Rayman 2: The Great Escape ports on the 3DS and NDS when it was originally released in 1999 ? yeah very new lol

I'm all for a brand new 3D Rayman game for the 360,PS3, Wii/Project Cafe and 3DS but I rather have a 2D Rayman now it's been way too long time since a brand new 2D Rayman was released :).

It's been longer since a new 3D Rayman. Raving Rabbids had a 2D platformer.

Plus the 3D games were better anyways.

Except I said 2D games, not 3D...

Rayman: Raving Rabbids on DS was a 2D side-scroller.

Plus the 3D games were better anyways.

Hell no. Granted I've not played Rayman 3, Rayman 2 had nothing on the sheer excellence that was the first game in the series.

Hell no. Granted I've not played Rayman 3, Rayman 2 had nothing on the sheer excellence that was the first game in the series.

Rayman 2 is one of the best 3D platformers around, Rayman 3 was pretty great as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rayman 2 was a fantastic game, marred by the amount of ports it had to suffer in order to gain cheap acceptance which continuously came to prove its age.

Rayman 3 is an overlooked gem which might not have been as groundbreaking as Rayman 2 was, but it has aged so much better. It gave the series what it needed; humor and personality. It alone captured the essence of what's fun with video games and it has one hell of an original and seamless narrative.

Oh and dat music.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rayman 2 is one of the best 3D platformers around, Rayman 3 was pretty great as well.

I'll admit, a rather large amount of my reasoning does come from the fact that Rayman 1 and 2 might as well be games from two entirely different series- there's absolutely nothing to liken the two. The first had such a wonderful, whimsical style that extended to every aspect of the game. That atmosphere goes unparalleled to any other game I've ever played. The second one however... it scrapped all of that. It scrapped everything except the physical design of Rayman. That's why I never played the game much all those years ago when it was new- it saddened me. Now recently I've completed both games for the first time on DSi and 3DS. Rayman 2 was fantastic from a gameplay perspective. Horribly dated and I'd love to play a properly updated/remade version, but even so I could appreciate it for how ground-breaking it was when new. The problem is that atmosphere and aesthetics mean an awful to to me in me games. Rayman 1 had all of that and the gameplay to back it up. Rayman 2 didn't.

Still, I need to play the third game. And right now I'll welcome any new instalment to the series with open arms and champagne.