Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

I'm seeing some confusion as to whether or not the Wii-U version is delayed.

So here'e an article from IGN about it.

Ubisoft has announced that Rayman Legends has been delayed and will no longer be a Wii U exclusive. Legends will now hit Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U in early September, more than six months later than its original release date of February 26th.

“So we thought it was making more sense to also bring the game to where it was originally from. That means Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. So we decided to go for a multiplatform launch simultaneously.”

So, yes.  The Wii-U version is delayed.  And that's bullshit.

Oh.

So, Ubisoft for worst company of 2013 then?

I'm still holding out for Sega to do something shit-tastic again, but as it stands.  Yes.

Edited by Nix

Not surprised that it's going multiplatform now. If I ever get a Wii U it's likely that version will be the one I pick up.

I am really irked that it's delayed until practically the end of the year though.

Edited by Emperor Robrainiac

You know that moment when you're upset enough that you laugh instead of cry because of how shitty something is?

Yeah. Fuck you Ubisoft. I don't give a crap that Legends is going multi-platform (still wondering if it's gone to be a watered down version?), but delaying the Wii U version so that they all come out together, that's a pretty bad move. You turned what was supposed to be a huge exclusive into "just another version."

• Thumbs Up 6

Well, guess it's a good thing I wasn't planning on buying it at launch.

Because I'm never buying it.

Fuck you, Ubisoft.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a good thing? Now I don't have to get a Wii U this year, yay!

And who knows? This could also be a launch title for PS4!

Am I the only one who thinks this is a good thing? Now I don't have to get a Wii U this year, yay!

Now I don't have to get a Wii-U ever, yay!

No, no, no, turn that mouth away! Unless is another version, no PS4 release ffs!

• Thumbs Up 2

This is fucking crazy.

I see how this is crazy if you got the Wii U to buy Rayman Legends, but if you didn't...

Actually, after this I don't even need to get a Wii U anymore. O.o

Um... No. In fact, it's bad. Releasing in September pretty much ensures that it'll sent out to die due to other high-profile releases.

Delaying the Wii U version was a horrendously terrible idea.

Edited by Masaru Daimon
  • Thumbs Up 4

Keep telling yourself that, unless you want another five months to go with that delay because "its for the fans".

Ubisoft are going to lose so much fucking money off of this its unfathomable, and well deserved.

• Thumbs Up 8

I see how this is crazy if you got the Wii U to buy Rayman Legends, but if you didn't...

Actually, after this I don't even need to get a Wii U anymore. O.o

I didn't buy a Wii U for Legends, but seriously, I'd be okay with the game just being a timed exclusive! Really, I would! Now it's just the same game coming out at the same time with some extra bells and whistles!

This is nucking futs, girl. You can't really deny it.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Now I won't have to get a Wii U to buy this game!"

Missing the point. This game was supposed to come out in less than a month, and now it's being sent out to die in September. There's absolutely no reason for this delay to apply to the Wii U version.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm indifferent about this, but i hope it will be inspiring for making even Bayonetta 2 multi.

Yeah, let me dream :I

Edited by Teoskaven

For people who are saying it's a good thing, say that when an exclusive for the PS3  or 360  is delayed and goes multi-platform. Suddenly it'll become serious business.

For people who are saying it's a good thing, say that when an exclusive for the PS3  or 360  is delayed and goes multi-platform. Suddenly it'll become serious business.

This happened with Final Fantasy XIII and Tekken 6.

I wasn't anywhere near this upset.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh.My.Gosh. Calm down people! =/

Sent out to die in September? Not everyone is in to GTA V and Rayman fans (or fans of the game) will still buy it regardless.

The loss of exclusivity is not, nor should it be, the main issue. Let's face it, Ubisoft would have likely ported this game eventually, it was just a matter of time. I'm more annoyed that the every version of the game has been pushed back, when it's almost certain that the Wii U version is done.

Oh.My.Gosh. Calm down people! =/

Sent out to die in September? Not everyone is in to GTA V and Rayman fans (or fans of the game) will still buy it regardless.

You severely underestimate how fucked this game is far as sales prospects are concerned, with its new release date. Trust me.

Releasing the Wii U version in a month would've ensured far, far more sales. Ubisoft are instead sending it out to die, no question.

Edited by Masaru Daimon
  • Thumbs Up 2

Uh... I don't know what to think.

Personally now I don't have to purchase a Wii U for not-too-economic-price of $700. Which means that now I will be able to buy/play Rayman Legends after all. But people who bought a Wii U just for Rayman Legends, this was a pretty dick move from Ubisoft. But I understand why they did it.

Honestly though, dick move and watnot but Ubisoft can't make everyone happy. I understand how Wii U owners feel about this but I'm so split thinking if I should be glad that it's coming out for 360 or sad for the Wii U owners who were expecting the game...

I'm not that over dramatic, so I don't really care, as long as it's still coming for the system I own :P

• Thumbs Up 5