Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

I don't like Raymans hair and eyes as much nowadays as compared to the Rayman 1 design. But yeah, no biggie.

lolclassicrayman

Really ? What is so different from Rayman 1 design from Origins design other than his belly not being more round *i think idk* than in Rayman 1

He has had this design from Rayman 2 since 1999 so what makes it so special to point out his design out cuz it's hip and cool cuz Sonic fans do it ? meh I'll never understand bottom line is Rayman looks the same since Rayman 1 just more goofy and less cute than his Rayman 1 artwork

He has his Hoodlum Havoc design. His hair got messier and his scarf was replaced with a hood.

I like it more to be honest. But I don't like the character art style for this game. The backgroundsa are nice, but the characters are kind of ugly.

So far this game doesn't sound the way I imagined a new Rayman. It sounds more like NSMBW. :(

That's what I meant. The design isn't all that different, but I personally find the character art style ugly. =/

I must be the only one who absolutely adores this art style. It oozes of expressive personality and in motion it looks fantastic. It's basically the kind of thing that looks like you know the developers had a blast when designing and the things they'll be able to do with it is incredibly promising.

Rayman 1 had a very colorful charm I admit, but I'll be honest, while the aesthetics are great, most of the characters and the like feel incredibly well, static. At least compared to Rayman 3 and what we've seen from Origins.

Personally I can't wait to actually play the game and get the feel of controlling the characters. Have to say I don't get the NSMBW comparison though. The only thing that has in common with it is 4-player co-op, which should be seen as, y'know, a good thing.

Edited by Carbo
  • Thumbs Up 1

Rayman 3 design looks best, IMO.

Also, it's a bit odd they're using his new design for a prequel, although I guess it's the kind of thing where the new design automatically retcons all previous ones out of existence.

*Awesome images*

They grow up so fast. ;w;

That made me laugh. xD

But it's a pretty unfair comparison. :P

rayman4.png

There, a little bit more fair. Even though I don't like the Rayman 3 pose.

Edited by Tobbii

His design in Origins is almost entirely unchanged from 3, it's just the art style that makes him look different.

His look from 3 just so happens to be my favorite anyway.

What I would like to see is the Rayman 3 design with the scarf of the older designs. He looks better with a scarf.

I've been itching to get into the Rayman series for a while now, so I might as well get Rayman Gold for the PC since I hear it's the best version of Rayman 1. Then I'll get the Dreamcast version of Rayman 2 since I don't intend to get a 3DS anytime soon. Then I'll get Rayman 3 in some form eventually.

Would it kill Nintendo/Ubisoft to port Rayman 1 to the Wii though? They released a DSiWare version, so why not a WiiWare version?

I wouldn't recommend the PC version since it doesn't run natively on an OS without DOS. You can fix that with the DOSBox but if you have easier ways to get a hold of the game I recommend getting the PSOne or Saturn version instead, which are practically the same, only that the audio is embedded differently. Alternatively you could buy Rayman Forever from GOG.com instead which is programmed to work without further modification.

• 3 weeks later...

This game looks so fucking good.

Unlike Epic Mickey I can pretty much see already that the the game will definitely live up to it's concept art.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually that looks pretty nice, those are actual screenshots? They look more like concept art o_O

The art style is maybe the most French style I've seen for Rayman, and it kind of fits really. Looking forward to this (Shut up and take my Lums Ubi-Soft)

What the hell is he talking about "Rayman lost his way when Rayman 2 came out." That game is still thought of as one of the best 3D platformers around. And 3 is great, too. He only "lost his way" when Raving Rabbids came out.

The graphics in Origins still look the same, so I guess that's ok as long as they take out or atleast make the grotesk faces of Rayman rare. Globox.. Ok, I guess.

One thing I don't like is the inclusion of the Teensies. It seems to me they're just ripping off NSMBWii. I was already a bit disappointed when I found out the game was going to be built around the teamwork with Globox...

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Actually that looks pretty nice, those are actual screenshots? They look more like concept art o_O

The art style is maybe the most French style I've seen for Rayman, and it kind of fits really. Looking forward to this (Shut up and take my Lums Ubi-Soft)

I thought that too, but every website that has them is labelling them as screenshots.

One thing I don't like is the inclusion of the Teensies. It seems to me they're just ripping off NSMBWii. I was already a bit disappointed when I found out the game was going to be built around the teamwork with Globox...

Anyone who doesn't like the Teensies hasn't played Rayman 3 obviously.

Also I find it great that the game play is built to support both teamwork and single player in the same way. It sounds like far more effort is being put into it instead of just slapping it on as a random addition that just happens to work, which is pretty much NSMB Wii in a nutshell. I still don't see how this can be seen as a bad thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

For the record, I have nothing against the Teensies as characters.

However, I just don't like the team focused gameplay. I just want a classic Rayman game. I've been waiting 8 years and now I get this seemingly gimmicky game. Even if this game is good, I'll still be disappointed.

For the record, I have nothing against the Teensies as characters.

However, I just don't like the team focused gameplay. I just want a classic Rayman game. I've been waiting 8 years and now I get this seemingly gimmicky game. Even if this game is good, I'll still be disappointed.

It will still have a single player it's not like it's forcing the team gameplay in anyway much like how NSMB.Wii had optional multiplayer so at heart for the single playing looks like Classic Rayman 1 but I really don't care for online I'll just do a solely single player for me :)

UbiSoft needs to release maximum res screenshots.

I desperately need a new wallpaper and these would be perfect. They're too gorgeous.

• Thumbs Up 1