Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

Rayman Legends on PS Vita is going to get the 28 missing levels and leaderboards the other versions have on November 26th.

Rayman Legends Vita gets its 28 missing levels this month
Everybody loves Rayman.

By Jeffrey Matulef Published Wednesday, 13 November 2013

Rayman Legends launched in September to rave reviews, but Vita players were frustrated to find out that the portable version of the game omitted the title's 28 "Invasion Mode" stages that remixed previous levels into a more challenging form. Ubisoft previously said the missing content would be added as a free update and now we know when: 26th November. Mark it.

The announcement came through the official Rayman Twitter account where it noted that leaderboards will be added too, meaning the Vita version will finally contain all the same content as its console brethren.

This update follows the news that Rayman Legends is coming to PS4 and Xbox One in February.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-13-rayman-legends-vita-gets-the-28-missing-levels-this-month

• Thumbs Up 1

Rayman Legends coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in February 2014

http://www.shopto.net/news/44640/Rayman-Legends-coming-to-Xbox-One-and-PS4/

Well... umm... yay? Don't see this selling any better on the new consoles than it did on the other ones.

Well, that's come good news I guess; the game will get more sales (a lot depending on if there is a large drought in February, as only Infamous is conformed to launch that month) and possibly get some additional content (some more invaded stages with them being based off of Origins stages?) to justify the re-release.  Would be interesting to see if Ubisoft uses the PS4's Remote Play features to use the Vita like the Wii U gamepad or not....

Rayman Legends on PS Vita is going to get the 28 missing levels and leaderboards the other versions have on November 26th.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-13-rayman-legends-vita-gets-the-28-missing-levels-this-month

That's some awesome news; been holding out on Legends due to that reason alone (really wanted to play it on my Vita over the PS3; like how the Murphy stuff controls on Vita thanks to the demo :)). Hopefully this type of thing wont happen again with future (if there is any :() Ubisoft tittles on Vita.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Info on the PS4 port of the game: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/02/12/rayman-legends-ps4-questions-answered/

What are the differences between the PS4 version and the PS3 and PS Vita versions? (erprimo10, Spain)
Emile: There are many differences and new features in this PS4 version. In this version, thanks to the power of the PS4, the textures of the game are more compressed, so you can see that the game’s graphics are clearer and more detailed than before. You will also see that there is no loading time when you enter or exit a level, which makes the navigation even faster and more enjoyable.

We have also integrated a new Camera Mode on PS4. By pressing the touchpad of the PS4 joystick, you pause the game and enter this mode, and by moving your fingers on the touchpad, you zoom in and out on the image and drag the image frame; and finally, by pressing the Share button, you can take a photo and share it with everyone. This Camera Mode is a great way to observe in detail all the characters and settings of the game, and a great way of expression to create wacky images with the elements found in the game. 

On PS4, you can also use the touchpad to scrape the famous Lucky Tickets, then you will really feel like you’re scraping lottery tickets (with the sound of scraping straight from the PS4 joystick)!

Finally, in this PS4 version, you’ll also find new playable heroes: Assassin Ray (a character inspired by Edward Kenway, the hero of Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag), Funky Ray (a delusional character that you can unlock by using Uplay points), and Champion Ray (a character who will be offered to the best players of the community and those who live in this community; this character correspond to the new VIP status, visible in the rankings of online challenges).    

Is there going to be an upgrade program for PS4 players who have the game on PS3?
Emile: An upgrade program will not be available for Rayman Legends.

What was the most difficult part of the development on PS4? What was the most exciting part?
Emile: Without a doubt, our engineers are the ones who have worked the most to optimise the game on PS4 and remove the loading time. It may seem pretty trivial when it’s said like that, but the element of not having a loading time when you enter or exit a level actually changes the gaming experience. I remember the first time we were able to test the game without the loading time: we spent time entering and exiting the tables, just for the pleasure of seeing the levels start immediately. It was almost two years of knowing the game with the loading time, so suddenly not having it really changed the experience.

The development of Camera Mode was particularly interesting as well, because it is a great tool for players to finally see all the details that our artists have placed in the character animations and decorations (including the backgrounds). When this mode was available, we played a lot trying to create the craziest images by stopping the game at the best moments. I cannot wait to see the crazy images that the community will create using this mode

No upgrade plan is pretty lame, especially if the game will be available digitally too (will it?)

Not that it affects me since I don't own a PS4, but still.  Glad they only added character skins though, nothing to gain from PS4/One versions than any other version.

The only funny thing about no loading times is you'll no longer be able to grab a heart before the level starts lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

The thing about the loading times is that they took like 1 second in the other versions of the game so I don't see this making a huuuge difference..

• Thumbs Up 1

Went into HMV this afternoon and they have the Wii U version new for just £9.99. In GAME it's on offer at £19.99 laugh.png

Went into HMV this afternoon and they have the Wii U version new for just £9.99. In GAME it's on offer at £19.99 laugh.png

Wow, they're desperate to get rid of it. HMV around my way didn't have it as cheap. But then it was yesterday, and the selection of games was abysmal anyway.

Went into HMV this afternoon and they have the Wii U version new for just £9.99. In GAME it's on offer at £19.99 :lol:

Now if only they were selling it for $18 over here

Honestly rayman legends should of been done since Feb on its original release date. I just want to know what's next for rayman, the gameplay is great and I wish they can expand even more on the gameplay.

Murphy was nice but guiding a computer or your friends just didn't do much for fun. For me at least

• 2 weeks later...

So my friend lent me his copy of Rayman Legends yesterday so far I've completed the first 2 worlds. It's a good game my only complaint are those Murphy stages. Design wise they're really awesome and unique and work well it's just the globlox AI is so stupid and is really picky on where to go that it ruins the pacing on the game especially if your trying to find all the teensees. Besides that the rest of the game is pretty good

• 2 years later...

God, this man is full of surprises.  From the looks of things it had a two player option too.  It's likely to stay a fantasy, but I would love Ancel to make a YouTube channel and do a let's play of the game, or at least whatever remnants are inside the cartridge.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, considering this news and the recent Instagram posts Michel made about Beyond Good & Evil 2, i'm starting to think that my theory about Ubisoft having him closed bound and gagged into their canadian/french basement up until they decided they needed him was actually correct.

• Thumbs Up 1

Very interesting, I do remember reading somewhere that the initial setting for Rayman was going to be in a digital world... You can definately see some of that there, with the technologic backgrounds... Not to mention the graffiti that says "Fight the Virus."

Pretty cool stuff, hopefully they'll provide us with more footage.

• Thumbs Up 1

Aww, that idle animation is so cute. <3

Anyways, neat stuff. I wonder if they're going to upload the ROM file at some point.