Awoo.

Sonic Colours E3 Trailer

Kori-Maru

New Sonic Colors E3 Trailer with theme song

The Theme song to Sonic Colors is "Reach for the Stars" by Jean Paul Makhlour from Cash Cash

Edited by Kori-Maru
  • Thumbs Up 5

New Sonic Colors E3 Trailer with theme song

The Theme song to Sonic Colors is "Reach for the Stars" by Jean Paul Makhlour from Cash Cash

>>Upload Date: 13 June 2010

HNNNNG HOW COULD WE HAVE NOT HAVE NOTICED THIS. Time-zone shenanigans?

Also trailer is super duper amazing. 41 seconds? Awwright. And are those some CGI Egg Pawns I spy? Wooo woooooo! They certainly are getting quite a large role in this game.

Also Cyan Wisp looks like a total tsundere. Base is also awesomerific. Scene is overall cool. Excited, etc, etc.

Edited by Sweet Mountain Zone

Can Eggman's creations get any more badass? (Don't answer that, because obviously they can)

The music sounds like it derives from Dreams of an Absolution in terms of tone and vocals...

In any case, the visuals are still the strong point, as they usually are for a Sonic game. Seeing Sonic use the laser ability was cool as hell.

Of course, now we're waitng on some gameplay, but aside from that you can always count on Sonic to deliver some good visuals and music at the very least.

If the gameplay is even half as good as the visuals and the music, I'll be getting this game Day One.

This is the most excited I've been for a new Sonic game since... ever.

Screw YouTube, I've downloaded the video onto my computer for hours of viewing pleasure. :P

Edited by Epik Phayliur

While I was FFFFFF'ing over the fact that it cut off right as I believed that there would be some gameplay to show off, the CGI footage has gotten me curious about the CGI cutscenes that will undoubtedly be in this game. Obviously that scene takes place in Tropical Resort Zone, so I'm wondering if it directly precedes the level and if these high-caliber cutscenes will be more frequent? Probably not considering what their costs must be, but it never hurts to fantasize.

Also, would I be late in pointing out the high-quality artwork of some of the Wisps and Eggman on the Sega America blog?

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 1

OH MY GOD THE AUTO-TUNE RAAGGH

Trailer looks neat for being all CG. Let's see gameplay plz

Sega gets a 10/10 for style. Seriously, they did it this time. What is more Sonic than a tropical resort amusement park in space. Any combination of that is already full of Sonic. Lol, it looks like Eggman just screwed Christmas bulbs into that space structure for looks.

But didn't Iizuka mention jazzy music? This must be our Endless Possibility then. Makes sense to have some punky sounding song for the main theme again.

ALSO - NEPENTHE THERE ARE LIKE SIX NEW SCREENS ON THAT FLICKR. GO GO GO EVERYONE LOOK.

Edited by Dabnikz

First impressions of the new theme? Don't hate it, but don't love it either. Corny sounding is my first reaction.

20659Tropical_Resort%20(2).jpg

This game is being compared to Super Mario Galaxy in terms of setting, but I'm actually feeling more of a Ratchet and Clank vibe from this game than a Mario Galaxy one.

Grinding on rails in space upon what looks to be a similar structure to the Greak Clock? Does anyone else have the same thought?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Check that out. The Wisps come in little power up capsules. They are power ups in the most traditional sense. I don't know why but it makes me smile.

Does the laser Wisp always jump through some kind of circuit or crystal? It looks like it could work like the pointer sections of Galaxy.

I am in love with these level concepts here. Look at that attraction entrance in the 3D shot. And the background surrounding Sonic as he grinds down the rail.

Edited by Dabnikz

Lol that song was so cheesy. But it looks nice. The lighting on Sonic is great though in that screenshot.

Edited by Torcano

Sorta kinda ninja'd by me, Dusk. xD

And perhaps I'm ironically late in noticing this, but I enjoy how the Wisps are stuck in capsules. It's rather cute in a strange way.

Nice, if nothing else it's already looking much nicer graphically than Wii Unleashed. Okay, the cake-and-biscuits screenshot does look a bit rough around the edges, but Sonic's character model is nice, and the levels certainly look more bustling than the ghost-towns of Wii Unleashed.

I do hope they have some brighter stages though, most of those screenshots are at nighttime. D:

Also, inb4 OMG S CLUB.

*shot*

Edited by Mahzes
  • Thumbs Up 1

Anyone notice that they are using boosters, dash panels, and springs from Unleashed? Hurray for continuity.

Edited by Torcano

Some gameplay would have been nice, but boy does Sonic ever deliver on the CG side of things. The enviornments also continue to impress, which can also only be a good thing.

Might be mistaken, but I don't think these DS screens were included in the NP issue either.

470173519789aaa8a0b1.jpg4701734703792231ed03.jpg4702368998c6beb05f32.jpg

It's the DS exclusive fire-Wisp, Sonic on a floral zip-line, and riding in the basket of some rocket (or Wisp) powered Eggman wheel.

One observation on the gameplay. If you look at the grinding screenshot you notice those are the plain Wisps in the container there. Sonic's also got Wisp power even though he's got no colored Wisp in the meter. Could it be the plain Wisps will just boost your Wisp meter while the colorful ones give the benefit of powers?

Edited by Dabnikz

...yup, it's basically Sonic Rush 3.

I must say though, I think those environments and background visuals in the DS version do look a step or two back from Rush and Rush Adventure, sadly. Maybe it's just me, I dunno.

Edited by Mahzes

Could it be the plain Wisps will just boost your Wisp meter while the colorful ones give the benefit of powers?

That's not Wisp Power:

4701734511_bd5c556a4f.jpg

It's BOOST POWER :V

In before blackarns

That's not Wisp Power:

4701734511_bd5c556a4f.jpg

It's BOOST POWER :V

In before blackarns

You beat me to the punch. ='(

But here's the lot of them.

4701738121_cc12467d75.jpg4701738363_b6e9455139.jpg4701738469_bc9dd7fc67.jpg

4701735321_4da88134c0.jpg4701735197_89aaa8a0b1.jpg4702369470_24162b717b.jpg4701735003_b125e920e0.jpg4702369264_04e26b911d.jpg4702369156_3b77831306.jpg4701734703_792231ed03.jpg4702368998_c6beb05f32.jpg4701734511_bd5c556a4f.jpg

That's not Wisp Power: It's BOOST POWER :V

No no, in the grinding screen. I didn't want to post the whole giant shot again, but look:

20659Tropical_Resort%20(2).jpg

The Wisp meter is partially filled, but Sonic has no Wisp power. I think it's the plain Wisps that fill the meter up.

I also see some more custom Egg Pawns in that last DS screen. They're dressed like bellhops with hats and bow ties. :lol:

Edited by Dabnikz

Looking at the DS Boss shots, you can see a Golden Chain in the second one which seems to be connecting planets Sonic CD styled. Which is a nice touch and something that definitely is a not in-your-face throwback. Also the giant globe boss trying to ram Sonic with a "Welcome!" sign amuses me. I'm guessing the Egg Globe is the DS first boss and the Egg Ferris Wheel is the Wii first boss.

^ The chain is present in the CG opening too. Past the satellite spire there's these golden chains spreading out in different directions.