Awoo.

Sonic 3DS

Badnik Mechanic

For those of you who have been paying attention... Nintendos E3 conference just ended, and they handed out this rather nice document to the people there showing you Developers and titles they plan on bringing to the Nintendo 3DS...

The one of interest is on page 2 of that document.

3ds2.JPG

Why my good sir, 3 devs down? What be your name? Sonic? On the 3DS? Sonic 3DS!?

Oh my. Sonic 3D! Not the bad 3D... not even the next gen 3D, but 3D! Real, in your face tickling your nose 3D!

No idea if it's on the floor to play, or even what the plot/details are like... all we have is the name and confirmation. We don't have an actual developer yet, no idea if it's Sonic Team, Dimps, Sumo, the remains of the MW2 dev team or even Travelers Tales. We just have Sega, and a confirmation of Sonic to come to the 3DS. When? No idea.

But hey! Sonic 3DS is in development

How many Sonic games is that now?

Edit: I want... 3D 1970's trousers mode!

Edit 2: Special thanks to our' boy Remy and his Batman avatar for bringing us the document. Where he stole it from is not important. But for him it's 3AM and he still got the document... hurray...

Edited by Gnasher

Wow... ANOTHER Sonic game? Interesting... Not that I'm all too surprised.

Wonder what it is... Chronicles 2, maybe? Probably not, but I can dream, can't I? xD

Sonic will be able to spin dash in our faces now yay XD.

Now That is about 5 games now for Sonic, Gnasher we got Sonic Colours (DS & Wii That two games to me XD)Sonic 4,Sonic Free Riders and now Sonic 3DS damn Sega is kinda spoiling us rotten this year =D

Edited by Crash

I agree. Sonic is being seriously whored out when all focus needs to be placed on Sonic 4. Sega admits things need to be fixed about the franchise yet is going back to its whoring strategy. I say they should cancel the DS version of Sonic Colors (as much as I want a Sonic Rush 3) and put their attention on the upcoming 3DS game. But really this is ridiculous.

Sonic Adventure...in 3D!!

Hey, it could happen, after all, seeing the Kid Icarus game makes me believe that the 3DS can handle Sonic Adventure's Dreamcast version graphics. OR even better...SA2B...in 3D!

Ah, it's good to dream.

So..

Sonic the Hedgehog 4.

Sonic Free Riders.

Sonic Colors.

Sonic for 3DS.

I think this is the largest amount of upcoming games we've known of at once.

So..

Sonic the Hedgehog 4.

Sonic Free Riders.

Sonic Colors.

Sonic for 3DS.

I think this is the largest amount of upcoming games we've known of at once.

Ha, and to think one month ago people were surprised that Sonic 4 was the only upcoming game and saying that the upcoming schedule felt unusually empty. What a difference one month can make. XD

How many Sonic games is that now?

Ooh! Ooh! I know!

This is what we've gotten in 2010 so far...

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (360, DS, Mobile, PC, PS3, Wii)

Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island (PC)

Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (iPhone)

Sonic Classic Collection (DS)

Sonic Golf DX (Mobile)

...in addition to two new games still in development stated for release by the end of the year....

Sonic Colors (DS, Wii)

Sonic Free Riders (360)

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I (360, iPhone, PS3, Wii)

...as well as these other confirmed titles...

Sonic 3DS (3DS)

Sonic Adventure (360, PS3)

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II (360, iPhone, PS3, Wii)

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode III (360, iPhone, PS3, Wii)

...on top of several other games rumoured by Sega...

Mario & Sonic 3

Sega Superstars 4

Sonic Heroes 2

...that's a lot of titles.

Edited by Sweet Mountain Zone

Dare we add Sonic MOVE to that list too?

Nah...that'll probably just be a HD port of Sonic Colours, seeing as they have the same basic Control Functions.

My life would be complete B)

Well.... it is being re-released... lol on XBL and PSN.

Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing

Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games

Sonic Golf DX

Sonic Classic Collection

Sonic 4

Sonic Colors

Sonic Adventure XBLA

Sonic Free Riders

Sonic 3DS

Sonic 20th Anniversary game

Ten Sonic games worked on in one year. Ports or not, that's a LOT of Sonic.

Well, if Sonic Colors and Sonic 4 are both consistently solid games (on not only the grounds of execution, but concept as well) then we might be seeing a real Sonic revival based on all the games that are pouring out. SEGA seems to finally be getting what makes Sonic good and what doesn't. Sonic Colors and Sonic 4 seem to both be HUGE steps in the right direction, now I just wanna see what happens after this.

And SEGA, please let Sonic's 20th anniversary game be good... please. Work on it, delay it for a year and slap on the 20th anniversary logo (hey, Capcom did it for Mega Man X7, even though that game sucked anyway), whatever it takes, I want a real classic on our hands for the blue blur's 20th.

As for Sonic 3DS, I honestly dunno what it is... I mean, if it was Sonic Colors or Sonic 4, why be so secretive about it? Both those games have already been announced...

Edited by EXshad

The 3DS would amazingly compliment something like Sonic X-treme.

Edited by Chaos Walker
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic 20th Anniversary game

Pretty sure that one is for next year. I sincerely doubt Sonic 3DS will be out this year either.

Still, that is a lot exposure for Sonic. When Sega said they were going to give him a break, I guess they meant for a month or 2.

Pretty sure that one is for next year. I sincerely doubt Sonic 3DS will be out this year either.

Still, that is a lot exposure for Sonic. When Sega said they were going to give him a break, I guess they meant for a month or 2.

Not exactly. I don't particularly consider Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games to be straight-forward Sonic games. Now we've actually got real platforming Sonic games and actual SONIC spinoffs, no crossovers involved.

Sonic may have featured in other games, but they weren't 100% Sonic, and they were only spinoffs. Before these recent announcements all we had was Unleashed a couple years back... was Black Knight two years ago, too, or longer?

Either way, he definitely had a break from regular platformer/adventure games. And now he's back.

Not exactly. I don't particularly consider Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games to be straight-forward Sonic games. Now we've actually got real platforming Sonic games and actual SONIC spinoffs, no crossovers involved.

Sonic may have featured in other games, but they weren't 100% Sonic, and they were only spinoffs. Before these recent announcements all we had was Unleashed a couple years back... was Black Knight two years ago, too, or longer?

Either way, he definitely had a break from regular platformer/adventure games. And now he's back.

Aquaslash was referring to Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games on iPhone/iPod Touch, not the Mario & Sonic one and yeah I agree Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing isn't a pure Sonic game so that one doesn't count.

HOLY SHIZZ, maybe their working on a port of Sonic 3D blast! =o

*shot*

Haha I said that to my friend something like that yesterday XD

It makes me think will it be that scrapped DS game way back in 2004 Sonic DS yeah that was ages ago but would be cool if it came back thought I liked the look of that game too and would look awesome on the 3DS [wishful thinking XD] or it's an Sonic Heroes based game for 3DS :P

Edited by Crash

To be honest Im happy we get to hear of all this sonic games. I was utterly bored til...BAM! Sonic Colors! then BOOM! Sonic Free Riders and now 3D Sonic! so yeah... this is exciting :P cant wait to see Sonic 3DS

At least you cant say its just making cheap money off sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog 4 is good, Sonic Colors is awesome, Unleashed minus Werehog :P so no complains here!

So how do people think they'll actually implement the 3D into this game?

I'm guessing there'll be some switching between foreground and background platforming action (like there was Virtual Boy Wario Land), but aside from that I'm not too sure... depends on whether it's a 2D or 3D game, I guess. I imagine the depth of the 3D would be good for a handheld version of Unleashed-style daytime levels.

I don't want Sonic Adventure 3DS.

I want...

SONIC ADVENTURES 3DS!!!!!!!!!

Well, Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 CAN get ported to the 3DS because the size limit at the moment is 2 GB, which is bigger than a GC game. (Yeah, I know I said GC and SA1 & 2 were released on the DC, but it was mostly for an example). The thing is though, they CAN'T get ported in one cartridge.

Also, I'm guessing a Sonic 1 or complimation is in the works for the 3DS. It's not like we've had a million of those ;)

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!