Awoo.

Sonic 3DS

Badnik Mechanic

Redeem Sonic Xtreme and fulfill old Sonic fans' dreams. Xtreme 3DS.

True 3D perfectly compliments the game by solving the depth confusion problem. Watching a video, there were times where the player would clearly have trouble juding the jump distance with the crazy fish eye lense.

Well, Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 CAN get ported to the 3DS because the size limit at the moment is 2 GB, which is bigger than a GC game. (Yeah, I know I said GC and SA1 & 2 were released on the DC, but it was mostly for an example). The thing is though, they CAN'T get ported in one cartridge.

Also, I'm guessing a Sonic 1 or complimation is in the works for the 3DS. It's not like we've had a million of those ;)

Gamecube disks go up to 1.5 GB, while Dreamcast disks go up to 1.2 GB. I doubt that the Sonic Adventures maxed out the Dreamcast's space, so I'm pretty sure both Adventures could be ported to 3DS as a compilation. Besides, I'd wish they'd "combine" the games and make it a little more consistent with each other, for instance, use the same models for both games, and for consistency with recent titles, use the 4Kids cast *shot*.

Edited by Chaos Rush

Gamecube disks go up to 1.5 GB, while Dreamcast disks go up to 1.2 GB. I doubt that the Sonic Adventures maxed out the Dreamcast's space, so I'm pretty sure both Adventures could be ported to 3DS as a compilation. Besides, I'd wish they'd "combine" the games and make it a little more consistent with each other, for instance, use the same models for both games, and for consistency with recent titles, use the 4Kids cast *shot*.

Can't they make like 32GB SD cards?

I'm not sure how DS came cards work, but couldn't they somehow use that kind of tech to expand the amount of memory avaiable on a single game card?

Can't they make like 32GB SD cards?

I'm not sure how DS came cards work, but couldn't they somehow use that kind of tech to expand the amount of memory avaiable on a single game card?

Well, it's been confirmed that 3DS cards are currently 2GB, and my point was that 3DS cards already have more space than Dreamcast/Gamecube discs.

That's it.

I really need to start asking my aunts and uncles to get me that 3DS they forgot to get. XD

Still, Sonic Adventures does sound nice. Maybe an interquel would be good too!

If they decide to do Sonic Adventures 3DS, I DO NOT want a port. Every single port they do makes it worse and worse. I want a REMAKE specifically designed for 3DS.

A 3D remake would be nice, but I'd much rather have an original game, if I'm being honest.

• Thumbs Up 2

My life will be complete if I can play SA2 on a handheld. Fingers crossed they will, it's a bit of a no-brainer. Well, maybe. SA2 is probably one of the fan favourites, after all.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I agree. Sonic is being seriously whored out when all focus needs to be placed on Sonic 4. Sega admits things need to be fixed about the franchise yet is going back to its whoring strategy. I say they should cancel the DS version of Sonic Colors (as much as I want a Sonic Rush 3) and put their attention on the upcoming 3DS game. But really this is ridiculous.

This doesn't make sense realistically.

Of all the Sega franchises, Sonic's their biggest moneymaker. They know that people such as yourself, the general public, and the majority of the SSMB will buy these games. Sonic, like every other brand out there, needs to sell like hotcakes to keep their company afloat. You should seen how much Mario was sold by Nintendo because it was their biggest moneymaker (and still is, but now the Wii Series has caught on to pick up the slack).

One thing regarding companies is that multiple jobs are juggled at the same time in the workforce. You can't cancel a game willy-nilly just to focus on another one. The workforce doesn't function that way because of how unrealistic and ridiculous it is. Time equals money; tell your client, "We're canceling this so we focus on another job," and they'll rip you to shreds. And not every Sonic game is done by just one team. Dimps is working on two games as we speak, and Sonic Team's storybook division is concentrating on Colors Wii. There are many more smaller developers within both firms, like Sonic Team (Riders Division) working on Free Riders and the Unleashed Team (presumably) working on the 20th Anniversary game. We don't know for sure who's working on the 3DS game; it may not even be from Sonic Team or Dimps. So chances are they're likely focusing long and hard on their games so they can hopefully satisfy demands.

Really, who knows when the 3DS game will be out. It could be December this year or later next year.

-

EDIT: Regarding this topic, this game and idea of putting it in the 3DS is interesting. Unfortunately, unless there's an option to turn off the stereopsis, I won't buy it. I can't function watching in 3D at all without feeling incredibly motion sick and fighting off the urge to throw up.

Edited by Dark Qiviut

EDIT: Regarding this topic, this game and idea of putting it in the 3DS is interesting. Unfortunately, unless there's an option to turn off the stereopsis, I won't buy it. I can't function watching in 3D at all without feeling incredibly motion sick and fighting off the urge to throw up.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo confirmed that you can turn off the stereopsis on the 3DS system itself, so you don't really have to worry about that when buying any 3DS game.

I'd really rather they not bother with any remakes or ports. I'd much prefer something new and worthy of the console, rather than giving us the same game we've already played. Yeah, Nintendo is doing remakes of Zelda and Star Fox, but at least the latter of which has something to gain from going into 3D, and they're actually making new games as well.

If I really just wanted to play one of the Sonic Adventure games again, I'd go boot up my Dreamcast, or Gamecube. I don't feel like playing more ports of old games, because I can have that experience by playing the originals. What has people screaming "remake" anyway?

And let's not forget that Sonic Adventure is coming to XBLA and PSN, so Sonic Adventure 2 will inevitably follow suit.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was watching Good Game (an Australian gaming show) and saw they had a brief interview with Iizuka about 3D. He says that they're very interested in it, ESPECIALLY for Sonic as the behind view of 3D Sonic games makes it hard to judge distances and depth, which 3D might fix.

I found part of the video online HERE It goes for about 7 minutes but the part with Iizuka starts about 2:28.

• Thumbs Up 2

I was watching Good Game (an Australian gaming show) and saw they had a brief interview with Iizuka about 3D. He says that they're very interested in it, ESPECIALLY for Sonic as the behind view of 3D Sonic games makes it hard to judge distances and depth, which 3D might fix.

I found part of the video online HERE It goes for about 7 minutes but the part with Iizuka starts about 2:28.

Great find! =D I don't think he was just talking about the 3DS here, but about 3D console gaming as well. The only console capable of doing this besides the 3DS right now? The PS3. 20th Anniversary Sonic game confirmed!...Too bad I haz no PS3...

• 5 weeks later...

Iizuka made a similar 3DS comment in Nintendo Power.

My life will be complete if I can play SA2 on a handheld. Fingers crossed they will, it's a bit of a no-brainer. Well, maybe. SA2 is probably one of the fan favourites, after all.

^ this...

You know what WOULD be cool? If Sonic 4 made it to the 3DS. The 3D sense of depth would look awesome with the layers of background, and would be a nice homage to how impressive the Mega Drive's 3D background effects were originally (I first played Sonic 3 properly on Mega Collection, and even then the water in Hydrocity impressed me).

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 3

I have kept my fingers crossed for Sonic Rush 3D pretty much since we found out Colors was going to have a DS installment. (in fact, I think my fingers have started a fusion process and are now stuck). Still, Sonic Rush showed off a really neat gimmick with its 2 screen playstyle, and the 3DS is another opportunity to do something crazy and redefine the wheel. I am really looking forward to what Dimps (or Sonic Team) can come up with this time in terms of utilizing the tech in a new way.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just want another game following the story of the Rushes.. The gameplay would be nice if it were like classic Sonic. Rush gameplay would be cool, too, of course.

Edited by MarcelloF

Any SMALL chances of this being related to Sonic '06?

Edited by Pikachu in a Sombrero

Sonic the Hedgehog 3DS (the official tentative title from what I;ve heard...)

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS = Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time remake

Star Fox 3DS = Star Fox 64 remake

Pilotwings 3DS = Pilotwings (64?) remake

Sonic the Hedgehog 3DS = Sonic Adventure 2 remake?

Fixed for want more.

To be honest, I think I'd rather have a Sonic Adventure remake than an SA2 remake.

...Unless both are remade. Then that'd be cool.

You know what WOULD be cool? If Sonic 4 made it to the 3DS. The 3D sense of depth would look awesome with the layers of background, and would be a nice homage to how impressive the Mega Drive's 3D background effects were originally (I first played Sonic 3 properly on Mega Collection, and even then the water in Hydrocity impressed me).

This actually something I don't want. Sonic 4's backgrounds look enough like fail parallax cardboard cut-outs as they are. Proper 3D will only make it worse.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Don't know if it was mentioned but In the newest issue of Nintendo Power there is a section asking developers what they thought about the 3DS. When Takashi Iizuka was asked he mentions how Sonic Team are already looking into the 3DS and they think the 3D aspect could be great for the "behind the back style" Sonic gameplay. So I guess we can expect Sonic 3DS to be a 3D style Sonic game instead of something like Rush.

Don't know if it was mentioned but In the newest issue of Nintendo Power there is a section asking developers what they thought about the 3DS. When Takashi Iizuka was asked he mentions how Sonic Team are already looking into the 3DS and they think the 3D aspect could be great for the "behind the back style" Sonic gameplay. So I guess we can expect Sonic 3DS to be a 3D style Sonic game instead of something like Rush.

SonicDSE3Demo_2.jpgSonicDSE3Demo_13.jpg

So something like this in 3D yeah I'll be down for some 3D Sonic games on the go but I really hope they don't give up on 2D Sonic's though for the DS/3DS