Awoo.

Sonic 3DS

Badnik Mechanic

Yea, this is true. But at the same time, I haven't played SA2B in forever because it is ridiculously hard to find in Gamestop. I'm just saying that I wouldn't mind another port at all!

Yea, this is true. But at the same time, I haven't played SA2B in forever because it is ridiculously hard to find in Gamestop. I'm just saying that I wouldn't mind another port at all!

What about a fullblown remake? With better graphics, voice acting, but pretty much leave the rest alone. Maybe change some of the stuff, like make fewer glitches, better camera, etc.

..now I'm just getting into the territory of "Shit I can only dream of but will never happen".

Meh, the 3DS has enough ports and remakes already. Cool as some of them are, the novelty of it starts to wear off when you get past bazillion.

I am crossing my fingers really hard for Sonic Rush 3DS, I mean cmon, the tittle writes itself.

It may have a bunch of ports and remakes, but you know what it also has?

A sequel I've waited a decade for. Mega Man Legends 3!

I see those at Gamestops in my area all the time, for around 12 bucks even. 0_o

It's weird. There's 3 gamestops within reasonable driving distance of my house. The one that had it had a horrible scratched disc.

• 6 months later...

Can't they make like 32GB SD cards?

I'm not sure how DS came cards work, but couldn't they somehow use that kind of tech to expand the amount of memory avaiable on a single game card?

As much as it would be the lazy option (and probably not do the 3DS' reputation any favours, given it's current near-notoriety for ports), I really, really wish they'd port SA1/ SA2 to the 3DS.

Seriously, handheld SA2 would basically be the best best thing ever. Well... not literally, but it'd still be pretty damn awesome.

That said, I would like it if they actually tried putting full 3D games on the 3DS now. I mean, when you've practically got a handheld Gamecube, why still keep making 2D games for it? Well, okay, there's budget issues and whatnot, but still- isn't the upcoming Super Mario 3D looking to be (from what I've seen so far) a full 3D game, rather than just a 2D platformer?

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, so no Anniversary game on 3DS it seems. A shame, but I couldn't care less after what we just saw.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, so no Anniversary game on 3DS it seems. A shame, but I couldn't care less after what we just saw.

Remember: 3 Sonic games are coming out this year.

Sonic Generations

Sonic 4: Episode 2 (You know it'll happen)

And the 3DS game (Again, most likely).

Remember: 3 Sonic games are coming out this year.

Sonic Generations

Sonic 4: Episode 2 (You know it'll happen)

And the 3DS game (Again, most likely).

Oh of course. I should have written Generations. And also, Sonic 4 on 3DS is a total DO WANT.

A Sonic Rush game on the 3DS will be tricky, considering the fact that both screens are not the same size and have different resolutions.

Sonic Rush isn't really defined by it's use of both screens, that was just a bonus "might as well" idea. Plus remember only the top screen can display 3D images, so having the action switch between two screens would be more awkward for that reason than the screen width (also, if it's anything like the original DS the system specifications are only designed with displaying 3D on one screen at a time in mind).

Edited by JezMM

• 1 month later...
Looks like we may be getting a 3DS exclusive Sonic:

Specifies it as a new "exclusive product."

In the latest issue of Nintendo Action, states that a new set of blue hedgehog will be released for Nintendo 3DS:

nopip.jpg

A new 3D Sonic

Just at the end of this issue, Sega confirmed to us that a new Sonic is coming to 3DS. And not just talking about the next Olympic challenge, with Mario, but a new unique product.

This could be directly related to the words of a writer Vandal.net told about a new game "has not yet been announced." That in the absence of another relationship with Sonic is not so exclusive . Thanks to Princess Seraphin for the scan.

http://www.sonicparadise.net/2011/05/nintendo-accion-viene-un-nuevo-sonic.html

I still think this is Sonic Generations for 3DS, just "unique" as in made for the system in thought.

Oh, so it might be a different game

inb4sonicrush3ds

Edited by Vec

I still think this is Sonic Generations for 3DS, just "unique" as in made for the system in thought.

inb4sonicrush3ds

WANT

WWWWAAAAAANNNNNNTTTTTT

*shakes laptop with a fury*

The way I see it, this either has to be some kind of adaption of Generations or Sonic Rush 3DS.

That's easy. Just never let Sonic reach the very edges of the top screen. They could be blocked off with walls in specific areas with limited movement.

Wouldn't a Sonic Rush 3DS not work right because of the uneven top and bottom screen?

It's hardly necessary to use the two screens as one giant screen.

That's a good point. Afterall, Sonic Colors DS was kinda like its own game, even though its name was similar to the Wii version. If so, this could be Sega's new strategy for Handheld and console sonic games; giving both a "pokemon version" tactic where your mileage will vary (in a good way, of course).

If it is a new game than, awesome! :D

It's hardly necessary to use the two screens as one giant screen.

i thought that was one of the coolest parts about the Rush games. Running from top to bottom and back up to top again. Sean's right though, it's a problem that could easily be corrected by keeping Sonic away from the very edge of the top screen during gameplay.

Oh, so it might be a different game

inb4sonicrush3ds

Shamefully, I read that as Sonic Crush.

I dunno, I'm not sure whether a 3DS Eggman mech game would work. :huh:

Whatever the sonic game is, its gonna be in 3D as Iizuka confirmed. I wonder if it will adopt the straight forward map screen approach of the consoles, or use its own menu system. And what about the graphics engine? The 3DS is pretty powerful as Mario and Sonic 2012 screenshots have indicated, so a decent Sonic model is now possible.

It should be able to match a level inbetween Colors and Unleashed. I also think the action is mostly going to stay on the top screen, as most 3DS games are doing. The original DS did many games with two screens because that was the hook, but now we are moving on to a handheld where that touch screen is just a mere extension of control with the 3D getting the focus now. If anything, the bottom screen will possibly be used for just maps, menus and possible button prompts. I hope Sonic Team gets a crack at the portables again, as I'm preferring their style of Sonic games these days.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think it'd be Sonic Xtreme, just think about it, it'd be perfect, especially with 3D effects