Awoo.

Sonic 3DS

Badnik Mechanic

I think it'd be Sonic Xtreme, just think about it, it'd be perfect, especially with 3D effects

I hope Sonic Team gets a crack at the portables again, as I'm preferring their style of Sonic games these days.

What was the last Handheld game that Sonic Team didn't outsource? I honestly can't remember.

Edited by Shaddix Andrew Ryan
  • Thumbs Up 1

Whatever the sonic game is, its gonna be in 3D as Iizuka confirmed. I wonder if it will adopt the straight forward map screen approach of the consoles, or use its own menu system. And what about the graphics engine? The 3DS is pretty powerful as Mario and Sonic 2012 screenshots have indicated, so a decent Sonic model is now possible.

This made me remember something from late 2003 or early 2004, whenever we first found out about the DS having 2 screens.. Someone made a mockup of it with one screen showing a Mario game in 3D and the second showing the same scene in 2D.

I wonder if something like that could work..

It's a pity I'm not getting the console. No emulator nor video will be able to demonstrate the 3d effect x_x Anyway, I wonder how it would turn out. To really capture the 3d feel I immagine the game itself would have to be made in 3d, which means Sonic would be able to move with a huge speed in all directions on such a small screen... But it'll probably be 2d like Rush.

...My only 3d experience was such a long time ago I only remember a moment when a dino "bit" me :P I still get goosebumps. I immagine the trauma would come back if Sonic was to spindash in my face ゚∀゚

I don't understand why people expect it to be in 2D... I don't see any point in that. With DS it was understandable since it did 2D better than 3D, but 3DS does 3D really well.

Because a 2D game is much quicker, cheaper and easier to make? Also, 2D Sonic games are generally better-received critically than 3D ones.

Aaaaand now we know for sure what it is. Thus ends just under a years of speculation.

Aaaaand now we know for sure what it is. Thus ends just under a years of speculation.

and on an Nintendo Power no less. I'm really pulling out for some incentive to get both versions. Some exclusive tribute levels would be most appreciated. Sigh, one more 3DS game to pick up this year. Man, the amount of games for this handheld are piling up fast. 0_0

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

Sonic Team has always outsource handheld games to other devs since the start with Sonic the Hedgehog 1 for Game Gear (and Master System) with Ancient then after StH2 came out Aspect Co Ltd pretty much were the DIMPS of the 90's handhelds and covered most handheld Sonic games besides Sonic Spinball, Sonic Drift , Sonic Labyrinth ,Mean Bean Machine & Tails Skypatrol.

Yeah, I liked more Dimps games than most, but I say they've run their course and there needs to be a new team working on handhelds.

• 2 weeks later...

What was the last Handheld game that Sonic Team didn't outsource? I honestly can't remember.

The classic stages in Sonic Generations are being developed by Sonic Team, just saying.

The classic stages in Sonic Generations are being developed by Sonic Team, just saying.

Isn't Sonic Team doing the entire game though?

Isn't Sonic Team doing the entire game though?

Both Sonic Team and Dimps are working on the 3DS version.

*sigh* That's because Dimps are making the game and Sonic Team is simply overseeing the project, exactly as happened with the Advance and Rush series as well as Sonic 4.

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh? Schismatist said ST are making the classic stages. If that's true, there is no reason to blame Dimps for them.

Although, this is the first time I've heard about it.

*sigh* That's because Dimps are making the game and Sonic Team is simply overseeing the project, exactly as happened with the Advance and Rush series as well as Sonic 4.

It's probably the same case as Sonic Unleashed Wii, where Sonic Team was developing the Werehog stages while Dimps developed the day stages.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/05/nintendo-power-sonic-generations-3ds-details/

This says co-developed, but you could be right, as Sonic Team usually takes a little more credit than they deserve when it comes to Sonic games made by Dimps.

Question: Where did you hear that ST were making the Classic levels? It certainly doesn't sound too likely. Also, ALL the previes Dimps titles have been officially stated to be "co-developed by Dimps". This is no exception, and so there's no reason to think any differently.

Edited by Blue Blood

Question: Where did you hear that ST were making the Classic levels? It certainly doesn't sound too likely. Also, ALL the previes Dimps titles have been officially stated to be "co-developed by Dimps". This is no exception, and so there's no reason to think any differently.

Yet, if they suck, people will blame Dimps. :lol:

I really don't see why people hate Dimps though. I mean, they make some very good Sonic games. Plus, Sonic Colors DS was what got me back into the Sonic series (and Sonic 4 somewhat), so I thank Dimps for getting me back into Sonic.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm slightly worried for the game simply because it's on a 3DS- I think some of the levels will look amazing but I had my 3DS for only 2 months and sold it due to the fact it gave me bad headaches after 5 minutes with the 3d on. I didn't see the point in buying the games when the whole point of the console was that it was in 3D. Sure you could turn the 3D off but I think that just defies the whole point of introducting the console. Wish they would put it on the normal DS aswell so people don't have to go out and spend £/$ 200 on a console to play a game with 3D off.

Afraid to say I'll be avoiding the game since it's coming out on the Xbox 360.

I'm slightly worried for the game simply because it's on a 3DS- I think some of the levels will look amazing but I had my 3DS for only 2 months and sold it due to the fact it gave me bad headaches after 5 minutes with the 3d on. I didn't see the point in buying the games when the whole point of the console was that it was in 3D. Sure you could turn the 3D off but I think that just defies the whole point of introducting the console. Wish they would put it on the normal DS aswell so people don't have to go out and spend £/$ 200 on a console to play a game with 3D off.

Afraid to say I'll be avoiding the game since it's coming out on the Xbox 360.

First of all - if your head hurts, and after only 5 minutes, then you may have a problem.

Second of all - the point of the 3DS isn't the 3D. It's the games. Did you buy a DS because of the touch screen ?

They can't put it on the DS because the 3DS has different cards, better graphics, bigger games with more content, an analog stick, and StreetPass and SpotPass.

that was all.

I'm getting Sonic Generations 3DS, even if it sucks. I need mah Sonic games.