Awoo.

Sonic 3DS

Badnik Mechanic

First of all - if your head hurts, and after only 5 minutes, then you may have a problem.

Second of all - the point of the 3DS isn't the 3D. It's the games. Did you buy a DS because of the touch screen ?

They can't put it on the DS because the 3DS has different cards, better graphics, bigger games with more content, an analog stick, and StreetPass and SpotPass.

Edited by Blackbell

1) Headaches, Dizziness and Nausea are a common side effects to 3D products. Thousands of gamers have claimed refunds for the 3DS because of these issues.

Some people just have weak eyes. It's not like it's not possible to get used to it.

2) The main selling point of the 3DS is the fact that it's 3D. What's the point in buying a 3DS if I'm using the 3D feature? It's like going to see a film in 3D and then only certain bits are actually in 3D and the rest is still in 2D. You've paid an extra £3/4 (don't know about outside the UK) to see a film you could have seen in 2D all to see a 30 second clip of something in 3D. Nintendo could have made a better version of the DS with a higher graphics card and released these games again but they are going to make more money by releasing a product with appeal and that's 3D without glasses. It's the whole point of their advertisement.

You can just... you know... watch the 2D movie.

Just as you can just turn off the 3D on the 3DS.

Did you avoid watching Avatar because one of its main points (if it its true main point) was 3D ? Although there was a 2D version as well ?

Nintendo made a better version of the DS with superior [everything]. And, because they've always wanted to do this, 3D. The main point is still the games. That's the main point of every console.

The difference with playing Sonic Generations on the Xbox and the 3DS comes down to different game play, which is needed because of the difference between the two systems, and the fact the levels can be played in 2D/3D. I see no point in myself buying Sonic Generations on the 3DS to play 2D levels in 2D when I can get more from the Xbox version and get the same results.

Sonic Gen 3DS is going to suck horribly, but hey, I'm personally still getting it.

That aside...

http://www.nintendo-master.com/fichiers/news/27647/1311612031.jpg

http://www.nintendo-master.com/fichiers/news/27647/1311612000.jpg

http://www.nintendo-master.com/fichiers/news/27647/1311612017.jpg

You gotta admit that looks awesome. Who wants a Sonic Colors 3DS ?

2) The main selling point of the 3DS is the fact that it's 3D. What's the point in buying a 3DS if I'm using the 3D feature?
Assuming you meant "not using"...the point is the games that are only available for it. You don't buy a system for the gimmicks, you buy it for the games.

Nintendo could have made a better version of the DS
They did, they call it the 3DS, and if the 3D bothers you all you have to do is turn down that little slider and you've got a fully functional DS 2.

I mean if you were considering buying a 3DS I could see where you're coming from, not wanting to spend the extra money for the feature you won't be using (not that it'd make your request all that reasonable; Nintendo wouldn't be too thrilled at the idea of manufacturing a separate line of handhelds just so some people could save a few bucks), but hearing you had one and then sold it...wtf, man.

They did, they call it the 3DS, and if the 3D bothers you all you have to do is turn down that little slider and you've got a fully functional DS 2.