Awoo.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS)

Swiss

In light of the fresh screenshots, I need to express how happy I am to see my favourite Mario (sub-)series go portable.

It definitely looks identical to the first game in the series (on the N64) which is a great thing in my books as it's still my personal favourite. I'd put money on the fact that it's going back to it's RPG roots and for that reason I'm almost as excited for this as I am for Donkey Kong Country!

Anyone else anticipating this as a launch title?

I love Nintendo for making this game.

Apparently the different battle options (the Jump/Hammer boxes) look like they're floating in mid-air with the 3D effect, so says ONM.

Just looking at those screenshots you can see the potential for 3D. I love Paper Mario so this will be interesting. It's a new game right? Or is it a remake of the original?

Just looking at those screenshots you can see the potential for 3D. I love Paper Mario so this will be interesting. It's a new game right? Or is it a remake of the original?

It's an entirely new game.

Be excited. NOW.

I think it might be a remake of the orignal, but I can'T remember a ChompChomp as a partner, but I haven'T played th egame since around the time it was released (There I slept at a friend'S three weekends in a row and we played it during the night..good times :))

The graphics look beautiful, maybe better than TYD, just slightly more pixelated...

This is definately a new game, or at the very least an enhanced remake with new stuff (doubtful though, as they out and out stated Starfox is a remake - they would have done the same with this).

Super excited. I love Paper Mario. Super Paper Mario was nice but I've been gagging for a new one - especially a new PORTABLE one.

Absolute fangasm.

You have a Chain Chomp buddy this time too!

Thank you, thank you so much Nintendo.

And, it would look beautiful in 3D (The pop-out the screen 3D XD)

Yes another Paper Mario game, oh and what's this? It's not 2-D, why thank you so very much Nintendo! I want a 3DS and this game now, preferably a red 3DS please.

So fucking stoked for this. By the time I got into the series I was worried it was already dead! D:

Ah, nice, a proper Paper Mario game. SPM was...not so good.

The rough edges to the graphics would usually bug me, but it actually kind of reminds me of the first Paper Mario, which is nice. Kinda weird, I know. A chomp partner is cool, but, uh...he's looking a little generic...

Mario can has chain chomp buddy?

3DS_PaperMario_02ss02_E3-noscale.jpg

I see it being fucking brilliant. And it's back to being RPG. So glad the series ain't dead.

Ah, good. I only just picked up Thousand-Year Door a couple of weeks ago, so I'm in the perfect position to be excited for a new Paper Mario.

...guess that means Mario & Luigi is done, then. I'm fine with that, as long as they can bring in Yoko Shimomura to do this game's soundtrack. Please, Nintendo?

I'm really excited for this and a chain chomp as a partner is pretty sweet. Though hopefully you'll get more party members, can you? I really want a Shy Guy on my team.

I never played any of the Paper Mario games (except Super Paper Mario, which I didn't like), but I might get the 3DS version.

Also, @Octarine: Yeah, they are done with Mario and Luigi (unfortunately), because

Fawful died at the end of M&L3, so they can't make another M&L game without him.

P.S. The Mario and Luigi trilogy are the only Mario RPGs I've played. (I do not count Super Paper Mario as an RPG)

Also, @Octarine: Yeah, they are done with Mario and Luigi (unfortunately), because

Fawful died at the end of M&L3, so they can't make another M&L game without him.

I doubt that's the reason; I mean, Fawful was only barely in Partners in Time, after all. I just don't think they'll want to crowd a game system with two different Mario RPG series.

You really should pick up Thousand-Year Door if you have a Wii. Having played Super Mario RPG and the first and third Mario & Luigi games as well, I can say pretty honestly that Paper Mario has my favourite gameplay style. I still need to try SPM, though... I know it's not regarded too highly, but I just really want the chance to play as Peach again. :P

Cool, never played a Paper Mario game. SPA was just too 'goth' for me.

I'm interested in the storyline. (The new Paper Mario, not Super Paper Mario.)

BTW, I really want another Mario and Luigi game. The third one is one of my favrote mario games. (Probably because it gave me an interst in Bowser.)

Edited by Skyward Sword

I'm interested in the storyline. (The new Paper Mario, not Super Paper Mario.)

BTW, I really want another Mario and Luigi game. The third one is one of my favrote mario games. (Probably because it gave me an interst in Bowser.)

I can'T think of any game with the abbreviation SPA , so I'm assuming you mean Super Paper Mario, so if I'm wrong correct me... How was that Goth? oO

• Thumbs Up 1

Gamespot Impressions on the game.

http://e3.gamespot.c...ies%3Btitle%3B1

Nintendo has certainly been generous with the 3DS thus far, putting lots of its classic characters and beloved franchises on their newest portable system. Bucking the third dimensional trend of the other games, Paper Mario stars the ultraslim version of everyone's favorite plumber. The demonstration in Nintendo's booth was video only, but we took a peak to see what Mario's next adventure is going to look like.

The last entry in the Paper Mario franchise, Super Paper Mario, went away from the turn-based combat that was paramount in its predecessors. However, the newest iteration goes back to the original formula, putting Mario in slow-paced encounters against the goombas and spiny shells he meets along the way. In the demo, he was accompanied by a happy chain chomp, presumably a friend who tags along in this role-playing adventure.

Although the gameplay looks very similar to previous games, the visuals have seen an overhaul. The 3D effect is subtle compared to some of the more eye-popping games out there, but effective nonetheless. By and large, this looks like a typical 2D adventure, with Mario and most of the environment and enemies in the same form you've come to expect. However, every so often, some flashy effect demands your attention. Jump underneath a hovering brick and you can see the pieces fly off in all directions; when a wiggling cuts across your path, it appears as if he's walking right off the screen; and during one segment, Mario triggered a switch which caused the background to disappear, and it's eerie shimmer looked cool in the 3D display.

There's no word yet on when this will be released or what other features to expect, but it looks to carry on the proud Paper Mario tradition. Keep watching GameSpot for more information on this 2D adventure with a twist in the future.

I like the look of the game but RPG not really my fav gameplay style so I may avoid this title I keep an eye out for trailers but probs won't get it.

Edited by Crash

If there is any game on this earth that can bring a smile to my face its any form of Mario RPG, and more Paper Mario is no exception. It's good to see they're going back to its roots because SPM, though fun in its own right, was a step back in my opinion. Nintendo is really hitting it out of the ballpark with the 3Ds games so far. More so than the Wii or DS when they launched. It's like they're going in guns blazing, and I couldn't be happier.

You really should pick up Thousand-Year Door if you have a Wii.

Or Gamecube. :P

But anyway, I always passed up The Thousand-Year Door in the past because I kept hearing so many bad things about it, but it seems that a lot of people on here have told me it's actually very good. I might get it, but I can't seem to find it anywhere, so I'll have to get it online, I think I'll have to find a copy that's being sold for very cheap though.

1. I think you mean "SPM".

2. How was SPM goth? :huh:

3. Good to know I'm not the only one who hasn't played the Paper Mario games. (well, except SPM...)

But anyway, I always passed up The Thousand-Year Door in the past because I kept hearing so many bad things about it

Who told you such things? They are LIARS. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door is one of the best games ever made. It took the concept of the already fantastic Paper Mario and improved on it in every way. It's arguably my favourite Gamecube game.

You owe it to yourself to pick it up.

I must be the only person who loved SPM. I loved that you could play as Luigi, Bowser and Peach. The writing was really funny, and the gameplay was ingenius at first.

Yeah I'm happy that PM3DS is an RPG again, but I don't like that people get mad at SPM for not being an RPG. It was never intended to be one, and it does what it intended brilliantly.

Oh by the way, Thousand Year Door is my favourite game in the Paper Mario series by far. I also don't really like the Mario & Luigi series compared to the Paper Mario series :/